• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

Jawmuncher

Argosax is listed as a female... and the picture is of the Depair Embodied instead.

LOL DMC2... fucking up in the year 2017.

I didn't say the list was perfect. I noticed more than a few missing characters.
Best I coudl find though. I just think Lucia would be pretty interesting on the female side for DMC. More interesting than lady and trish I say.

If the ratio is less than 1/4. I can take some females being added for the sake of being added. As for my picks, the only one I would say is out there is Danilla. Since she's from a forgotten horror game. Then after her Vanessa would be an out there choice, since her game just kinda came and went. Nilin isn't that much of a stretch, since her game sold over a million last gen.

I'd rather them just add a bunch of SF/DS/RS females instead of ones nearly no one knows about.

Dahbomb

The list is fine, I am just laughing at the continual incompetency of everything DMC2 related.

I don't really care which DMC characters make it in aside from Dante. Nero, Lucia, Lady, Trish, Vergil, Nelo Angelo, Despair Embodied, Sparda, Bolverk, Credo Angelo... all would be fine in my book.

J-Tier

My female Capcom character of choice (if I could only pick one) would be Nina from Breath of Fire.

Then I'd go for Nilin from Remember Me, Saki from Quiz Nanairo Dreams, Tessa from Red Earth, Mercedes from Dragon's Dogma, and Akira from Rival Schools.

Jawmuncher

I'd rather them just add a bunch of SF/DS/RS females instead of ones nearly no one knows about.

That's where i'll disagree. Adding character's no one knows about helps them gain popularity, and could improve things in the future for those characters or their franchises. Not saying hugely so, but even disregarding that unknown characters can add a lot of fun to the roster. Spencer wasn't a big deal, and his mechanics alone have him as a favorite, so the same thing could happen with not as common picks.

Well, if it's a few of them, I don't believe there's an issue. It comes down to how many you're trying to put into the base roster, though. I think it's less of a slippery slope as DLC compared to the base roster.

So its okay to add male characters for the sake of doing it?

Obviously not. Do you think he'd want them to add Kyle from final fight streetwise or some shit if the game was mostly females?

He's just saying the characters should be worth getting in on a basis more than gender. Capcom has enough IMO, add Nilin, Regina, Akira, etc

Obviously not. Do you think he'd want them to add Kyle from final fight streetwise or some shit if the game was mostly females?

He's just saying the characters should be worth getting in on a basis more than gender. Capcom has enough IMO, add Nilin, Regina, Akira, etc

On the money. Thanks for that.

Platy

GeAxG0g.gif

If they have to pick someone from Agent of SHIELD other than Quake and Coulson, then they need to put him in this game.

I know he literally have like 00.0000001 chance but I feel like to post GIF here/

Yeah the game needs more Taskmaster !

The lastest rumors say they nixed giants, and that Rathalos is part of the Hunters move set/one of his hypers
The worst.

I don't know the slightest thing about Monster Hunter. What would a Hunter moveset be like?
It could pretty much be anything you want in a character, to be honest. I'm not a fan of a "hunter" character, though, because I know it will be able to use everything, but the point of Monster Hunter is to pick a style and stick with it. There's no weapon swapping while hunting - you pick a lance, and you fight and die with a lance. But I'm certain they will do something like Amaterasu for the character.

Hunters basically embody every fighting style you can think of:
Katanas
Greatswords
Hammers
Guns (of all types)
Traps
Lances
Dual-sword melee
Sword and shield
Hunting horns (musical buffs)

They can literally do anything with the character in terms of playstyle. He definitely won't have a teleport or something, though. I just don't get the appeal of this character, because hunters are always player-created. There is no "generic" hunter people identify with. This would be like putting Miis in the game.

The latest characters that were mentioned.

Jedah for one, since he perfectly fits Ryce's description of the villain character with crazy animations. Leon seems like another one that makes sense.

The fact that the X-Men might make the base roster is also great.

Dahbomb

Gene is basically the Hunter only he is melee attacks. The game of Godhand has you selecting from hundreds of moves and customizing your moveset based on what you want. Even your supers are selectable.

Absolutely 0 point to have any other street fighter or brawler type character from the Capcom side when you have Gene in the game. From a game play perspective that is but of course we are still going to get boring ass SF characters in the game.

I want to hear people's predictions about the game play systems here. These roster discussions are so old now.

LMHS or MVC2 (two lights to heavies) control scheme
Bursts or no bursts?
Number of air actions (if any)
Will they bring back wave dashes/plink dashes (air and ground)?
Complex input motions (DPs, half circles, reverse DPs, 360s etc).

Lay it on Marvel GAF.

TreIII

It could pretty much be anything you want in a character, to be honest. I'm not a fan of a "hunter" character, though, because I know it will be able to use everything, but the point of Monster Hunter is to pick a style and stick with it. There's no weapon swapping while hunting - you pick a lance, and you fight and die with a lance. But I'm certain they will do something like Amaterasu for the character.

Hunters basically embody every fighting style you can think of:
Katanas
Greatswords
Hammers
Guns (of all types)
Traps
Lances
Dual-sword melee
Sword and shield
Hunting horns (musical buffs)

They can literally do anything with the character in terms of playstyle. He definitely won't have a teleport or something, though. I just don't get the appeal of this character, because hunters are always player-created. There is no "generic" hunter people identify with. This would be like putting Miis in the game.

At worst, I'm just thinking they'll likely stick a Hunter with a Great Sword, and call it a day, because that's the most "basic" moveset that they could implement and still represent the brand in a decent enough fashion. It'd be boring, but it'd still be a bit more true to life for representing a Hunter in a fighting game than giving him/her access to every weapon like they're Dante or something.

Either way, that very reason for them being "generic" is the main reason why a Hunter has never been considered so far, so I'd be very interested if that trend really was going to be bucked with this game.

If it were up to me, they would use an actual mid-sized monster like Rajang to represent the brand, with a Felyne Prowler to serve as a nice "opposite" for Rocket Raccoon. At least either choice would have a bit more personality by default...

from our leaker,
I wasn't going to say anything, but that one topic kind of made me want to go out of my way and put this out there.
As you probably know or have seen in the days since people have started to acknowledge my leak, people are disappointed by the lack of females.
Well, I decided to be so bold and got to have a short conversation with my source earlier.
I asked if they could give me anything on that front, if they knew anything, as I feel like it'd help ease people a bit.

What I was told was "Red and Blue".
I was confused and wasn't sure what they meant, so I asked for clarification, and if it meant one character or two?
They said two.
I asked if the characters are Marvel and Capcom, just Marvel, or only Capcom?
They told me "It's more fun if you rack your brain on it and get other people get to speculate about it a little" and "It's actually easier to figure out than you might make it out to be".

Now I'd be lying to you if I didn't say it frustrated me, but they're doing me and all of us a favor even telling us this in the first place. So I guess I can't look the gift horse in the mouth too much.

I then started to think about it myself, and I'm sure you can help out too.
But I started to boil it down.

Red could mean Scarlet Witch, Crimson Viper, Black Widow, Medusa, Elektra, Nina (Breath of Fire 1 and 3 versions), Cammy (SFII, IV, and V), Regina, and Tessa.
At least those came immediately to mind for me.

Blue could mean Bleu (or Deis as you might know her) from Breath of Fire, Felicia, Chun-Li, Nina (Breath of Fire 2 and 4), Momo, Cammy (SFA), R. Mika, and Ingrid.
Again, those came most to mind when I heard "blue".

Why I posted this is because a leak (that I have no idea if it has anything to do with what I know or not) said that Felicia is in the game.
That....would actually add up to the female character and blue hint.
Not sure if it does, but it made me go out of my way and share this rather than just keep it to myself since that seemed pretty ironic due to that conversation I had earlier today.

Jawmuncher

Red is Regina. Case closed, lets all enjoy a relaxing vacation now.

I will say things are getting rather interesting now. Does seem the roster might be a little less on the female side than MVC3. But perhaps the few other females that do make it in will cause a big enough splash.

Even disregarding my bias. I think Regina would at least be a semi big deal. Capcom Japan hasn't acknowledged that series for like a decade. Plus if it were to be Regina sporting a new design, it would definitely bring a lot of questions with it.

Red & Blue - Regina Confirmed
auszp.png

Ryce

I'm not so sure that Rikurikumore is telling the truth anymore. I don't like calling people liars, and it's possible that his source is simply misinformed or has access to outdated information, but I was recently made aware of a few things that discredit some of Rikurikumore's claims. I'd take anything he says with a grain of salt.

Jawmuncher

I'm not so sure that Rikurikumore is telling the truth anymore. I don't like calling people liars, and it's possible that his source is simply misinformed or has access to outdated information, but I was recently made aware of a few things that discredit some of Rikurikumore's claims. I'd take anything he says with a grain of salt.

If you hear anything that automatically cuts out regina please tell me. So I don't have to sit in this thread hoping like I did with snake in all of those smash threads.

LaNaranja

I made this image five months ago. We still haven't gotten a single new reveal since then. :/

Anyway here are some ladies from my wish list.

QyJijmG.png

Quake is at the tippy top of my most wanted list.

Neoxon

I made this image five months ago. We still haven't gotten a single new reveal since then. :/

Anyway here are some ladies from my wish list.

QyJijmG.png

Quake is at the tippy top of my most wanted list.
I'm honestly not sure if they'd choose Gamora over Star-Lord.

I would like to see Lady in this, but how many people with guns do we want? At least we'd have rocket jumping in the game (like Injustice 2 has :p).

sinkfla87

Go on..... Please? Lol.

I feel like things are going to get quite interesting pretty soon. Like something major is going to happen with the leak(s) [crediting or discrediting them] tonight...probably as soon as I go to bed Ryce/Sneakers will reveal something huge that shakes everything up

I'm honestly not sure if they'd choose Gamora over Star-Lord.

He has Misty Knight on there and Gamora over Star-Lord is your biggest concern? :p
Like, I genuinely love Misty Knight, she's one of my favourite Marvel characters, but she has no shot in hell to make it as a playable character into MvCI.

That said: Props for PTX. Everyone who realizes his awesomeness is cool in my book.

Hmm, that's not very encouraging. The whole "red and blue" thing does seem off for someone who was very upfront with information before.

Sesha

The Capcom women I want to see in general are Nina, Regina, Simone, Akira, Maki, Lady, Claire, Princess Tiara, Alexia, and Myria, so I'm SOOL.

sephi22

I feel like things are going to get quite interesting pretty soon. Like something major is going to happen with the leak(s) [crediting or discrediting them] tonight...probably as soon as I go to bed Ryce/Sneakers will reveal something huge that shakes everything up

Good one. It's nice to want things.

Weiss

Banned

The plot thickens.

Red and blue?

Elektra and BSAA Jill?
Cammy and Psylocke?
Scarlet Witch and Sylphie?

I wouldn't mind those characters lol

But given Ryce's post, maybe it's nothing at all.

ts_gill.gif

He's red and blue. Maybe his fire and ice moves feel like two characters?
I'm reaching as hard as I can here.

Edit: oh whoops. it's female characters...
uhh...fuck idk. dante and vergil in dresses or something.

Top Bottom