• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

Jawmuncher

Dante isn't getting shown until E3 with DMC5 guys.

They are holding that one deep in their chest.

If they use the DMC5 model for Dante then they will absolutely not reveal it before revealing DMC5 in the same time frame.

Could be the opposite. They use uncle dante and confuse people, and then we see DMC5 still at E3. MVC3 used DMC3 after all

sephi22

At this point, He Will Fucking Return™/He Has Fucking Returned™ should be co-opted for Dante

"Big surprises" is relative and I probably should've used more delicate wording, but no, I still haven't heard anything about X-Men characters. I don't want to get anyone's hopes up about that.
"To the man parched in a desert, even a drop of piss is like a golden shower" - Ancient Chinese Proverb

Anth0ny

So I hear there was an MvCI press event in Germany a few days ago and that the embargo lifts at the end of the week. There are some big surprises in store, which I'm not going to spoil out of respect to Capcom.

B8cErGv.gif

Neoxon

"Big surprises" is relative and I probably should've used more delicate wording, but no, I still haven't heard anything about X-Men characters. I don't want to get anyone's hopes up about that.
;_;

I'll try to keep my expectations at a minimum for this. Hopefully we'll get some more gameplay info.

What a bummer... but oh well, what can be done. At least there will be eventually as DLC if they not make the base roster.

Whatever happens, we are getting something new after 5 months!

Weiss

Banned

Honestly there are so many good Marvel characters that I'm happy the X-Men are gone. You know we'd have to get through Wolverine, Storm and Magneto before we saw anyone else, and at that point they're just going to eat up the roster like they did in Marvel 3.

TreIII

Dante isn't getting shown until E3 with DMC5 guys.

They are holding that one deep in their chest.

If they use the DMC5 model for Dante then they will absolutely not reveal it before revealing DMC5 in the same time frame.

It'll be interesting to see just how much Dante may change because of his moveset being changed, along with any probable control scheme differences there may be.

sephi22

Can Ryce leak a character to force Capcom's hand and announce this early? Pretty please?

It'll be interesting to see just how much Dante may change because of his moveset being changed, along with any probable control scheme differences there may be.
Some Capcom rep said this game's more simplistic than even SFV/UMVC3 so get ready for 4 special move Dante

Anth0ny

My reasonable expectations:

-Hugh Jackman will speak at the press conference, announcing that Fox has come to terms with Marvel and will be allowing Wolverine to appear in Avengers 4

-He will be wearing the classic yellow costume

-As a part of this deal, Wolverine will be included in MVC Infinite, fully voiced by Jackman and including a wifebeater + jeans alt costume as a pre-order bonus

TreIII

Some Capcom rep said this game's more simplistic than even SFV/UMVC3 so get ready for 4 special move Dante

Between Neo_G being gone and the push for "being accessible"? I could see it.

Hell, maybe the control scheme will be more like Persona 4 Arena and get rid of DPs altogether. If that were to happen, I couldn't have enough popcorn on hand...

Skab

I am expecting:

*4 character reveals (nothing surprising, just characters we all know were going to make it in)
*Some changes/additions to the Infinity Stone system.
*Control scheme finally unveiled.
*Release date.
*Additional game play mechanics explanations and game play videos.
*Some info about additional info about content and modes.

I really hope this isnt revealed just so I can see your reaction

X-Men characters not being mentioned here isn't the equivalent of there being no X-Men.

Yep, you're right, it could be that they are keeping some info related to the X-Men only to a few selected people so it won't leak.

I know that I may sound like a broken record lol but we need some representation from the mutant front.

Dahbomb

I really hope this isnt revealed just so I can see your reaction

Between Neo_G being gone and the push for "being accessible"? I could see it.

Hell, maybe the control scheme will be more like Persona 4 Arena and get rid of DPs altogether. If that were to happen, I couldn't have enough popcorn on hand...

There's only so much salt I could conjure.

This would be like Karst learning the game doesn't have two button dash anymore.

Here's Rikurikumore response to his/her thread being taken down over at GF, for those who haven't seen it.

"I didn't nuke it. I have no idea who very prematurely jumped the gun and did that, but here's my response in regards to Ryce:
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if some factor of my information is outdated, as I actually haven't asked if anything's changed on that front regarding the roster.
Which I guess is an admitted oversight on my part.
But I don't like asking too much, since I'm told the things I am by my source, rarely ask anything further, as I typically leave it as it is since I feel like I shouldn't be too nosy, since they didn't have to tell me anything in the first place.

Me even asking about female characters was the only time I ever even specifically came to them asking about anything. And I feel weird going and asking them now if anything's changed since my original post and leak.
But it does make me wonder what character(s) he knows about that are in now and which might've gotten scrapped.
Since the cat's already this much out of the bag, I don't see how it'd hurt if Ryce came forward with what he knows differently. He went from agreeing with me from what he did know about at least, to doubting me entirely, which is quite the turn I must say.
If there's anything he knows that conflicts with what I know, I don't see how it'd hurt to shoot something down that I heard about that's since changed. It doesn't hurt my ego any.
But if he refuses to, then I guess I'll have to ask and see what did myself."

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I am expecting:

*4 character reveals (nothing surprising, just characters we all know were going to make it in)
*Some changes/additions to the Infinity Stone system.
*Control scheme finally unveiled.
*Release date.
*Additional game play mechanics explanations and game play videos.
*Some info about additional info about content and modes.

Way too much. E3 is coming, yo.

I'm guessing a small preview from the already announced characters and how the game feels to play.

sephi22

Got to stop thinking of things in previous marvel terms, Karst. Theyre not just gonna drop a character in without adjusting them for the new system.

apology for poor english
when were you when dormammu zoning dies?
i was sat at home eating prinkles when yipes ring
'zoning is kill'
'no'

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I don't know anyone's opinions on MODOK. I really hope that he would come back because I really find his moveset very appealing and unique.

7ySrMqM.gif

He managed fine without assists before MvC1.
I'm more just laughing at how bad the game is going to be without assists.

Got to stop thinking of things in previous marvel terms, Karst. Theyre not just gonna drop a character in without adjusting them for the new system.
I'm sure they will make him more shitty and boring.

Like Dahbomb mentioned, Wolverine was great in the games that came before assists, anyway.

I know Karst hates the new direction, but come on.
It's not a new direction, it's SFxT with Marvel characters. We already know where this road goes.

If you've already made up your mind to dislike the game, then just leave and stop shitting up the thread.
I'll definitely dislike the game within the context of the Marvel series legacy, but I will buy and play it if it has characters I enjoy playing. Feel free to put me on ignore. I bet I'll play this game longer than most of the "hype posters" that fill these things.

There's also a part of me that hopes they will reconsider and make the game TvC 2.0 instead of SFxT 2.0.

sephi22

I bet I'll play this game longer than most of the "hype posters" that fill these things.
Shrekt. You a real one, Karst. Your Dorm OT in SRK was pretty good back in the day.

I don't know anyone's opinions on MODOK. I really hope that he would come back because I really find his moveset very appealing and unique.
A lot of MODOK warriors in the 2017 marvel scene. I always loved his playstyle and moveset but I couldn't really learn him proper because he had really weird buttons because of his limbs and you really needed to be precise with the stubby air kicks in long combos. Jamming bomb is one of my top specials in 3 and he's the character I most wished I could play.
I think his looks/personality didn't help his popularity. If we don't get Doc Ock, I hope we get Spider Body MODOK. He looks kinda cool.

If you've already made up your mind to dislike the game, then just leave and stop shitting up the thread.
What have you heard/seen that you've made up your mind that you like it? I share the same concerns as Karst based on everything we've been told. :/

Also, won't pretend that I'm not expecting the worst based on what we've seen + SFV. That way, even a minimal amount of care put in this game will happily surprise me.

Based on literally a min of footage.

You're starting to sound like the MVC2 guys that said MVC3 was going to be trash.
To be fair, who could blame them after seeing how Capcom mutilated everyone's favorite robot.

Shrekt. You a real one, Karst. Your Dorm OT in SRK was pretty good back in the day.

A lot of MODOK warriors in the 2017 marvel scene. I always loved his playstyle and moveset but I couldn't really learn him proper because he had really weird buttons because of his limbs and you really needed to be precise with the stubby air kicks in long combos. Jamming bomb is one of my top specials in 3 and he's the character I most wished I could play.
I think his looks/personality didn't help his popularity. If we don't get Doc Ock, I hope we get Spider Body MODOK. He looks kinda cool.

What have you heard/seen that you've made up your mind that you like it? I share the same concerns as Karst based on everything we've been told. :/

Also, won't pretend that I'm not expecting the worst based on what we've seen + SFV. That way, even a minimal amount of care put in this game will happily surprise me.
Haha, thanks. :) I wish I had that kind of free time now.

There's a difference between waiting to see how a game will unfold and saying the game sucks off the bat.
The design decision to remove assists sucks. The game might be enjoyable overall, but not as a Marvel title. It destroys my favorite aspect of the game, which is team-building.

FSLink

Banned
There's a difference between waiting to see how a game will unfold and saying the game sucks off the bat.

Yep. Nothing wrong with being skeptical, I sure am, but there's other games in the SAME SERIES that didn't even have assists and they were fun as hell to play.

And it ending up being SFxTK 2.0 wouldn't even be a bad thing... SFxTK from a gameplay standpoint was pretty damn fun to me, it was everything else surrounding it that was complete garbage IMO.

To be fair, who could blame them after seeing how Capcom mutilated everyone's favorite robot.

I'm talking about the E3 footage way before Sentinel was even announced. Nearly every MVC2 player said the game was trash and would never be a good game because it had "baby mechanics".

The design decision to remove assists sucks. The game might be enjoyable overall, but not as a Marvel title. It destroys my favorite aspect of the game, which is team-building.

Understandable.

Yep. Nothing wrong with being skeptical, I sure am, but there's other games in the SAME SERIES that didn't even have assists and they were fun as hell to play.

And it ending up being SFxTK 2.0 wouldn't even be a bad thing... SFxTK from a gameplay standpoint was pretty damn fun to me, it was everything else surrounding it that was complete garbage IMO.

Yeah, I felt as though SFXT 2013 was a damn good game. It's unfortunate that the damage was already done at that point. Had the earlier issues not been present, there's no telling how better well-received that game could've been.

MvC wasn't a Marvel game?
MvC had assists.

I'm talking about the E3 footage way before Sentinel was even announced. Nearly every MVC2 player said the game was trash and would never be a good game because it had "baby mechanics".

Understandable.
Their mistake was judging game speed by a demo reel.

To be fair, Sanford still says MvC3 sucks, lol. I think MvC2 flows better.

Anyway, there are 3 characters that could make me hype for this game:
Jedah
Rathalos
Nina

MrCarter

One thing I don't like is the fact they are re-using assets from MvC3 (unlike SFV which is using completely new models) but I'm still excited to what they do with the new characters.

FSLink

Banned
One thing I don't like is the fact they are re-using assets from MvC3 (unlike SFV which is using completely new models) but I'm still excited to what they do with the new characters.

I'm okay with it if it means the initial roster will be larger than usual due to it. If we're getting a small roster then it'd be super disappointing.

Well, I didn't really liked SFxT but with only early footage, we can't really say that it will be it's "succesor"

With this new info it will be more clear... maybe lol

Top Bottom