• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

Well, I'd be surprised if they didn't have someone representing SFV. The candidates for that are FANG, Laura, Rashid, Necalli, and maybe zombie Nash. Out of those... Yeah, I'd guess they'd pick Rashid considering he was the big hero of SFV's story mode. Though I'd be happier with FANG, and not happy with Necalli.
Agreed, I DON'T want Necalli more than I WANT F.A.N.G

Rashid is the most likely candidate, he already has a ton of mobility which caters well to the Mahvel style plus he's gotten some decent popularity amongst fans.

Man, Amingo being mentioned reminds me I'll never get my mean green team of Amingo/Shuma-Gorath/Man-Thing.

Not that the chance of any of the three is particularly high.

Obscure dlc pack
Darkhawk
Superpro
Sleepwalker
Namorita
Night thrasher
Speedball

Why not just make that a New Warriors DLC Pack? :p

8644928.jpg

Minus Nova because he's going to make it in
hopefully

I-hate-u

Wishlist:

Capcom:

Dante
Vergil
Nero
Protoman
Wesker
Bison
Rashid
BB. Hood

Marvel:

Dormammu
Dr. Doom
Ms. Marvel
Sentinel
Cable
Star Lord

Zen Mu

The 4 characters I would love are all from the Marvel side:

MCU-
Black Panther
Yondu Udonta from GotG (could do some cool gameplay stuff with that arrow)
Comics-
Cloak & Dagger (as one character)
Ms. Marvel

As for the Capcom side; Just go nuts. There are so many fan favorites and obscure characters to choose from.

I wonder what other attacks X is going to get. Man, just imagine if he can get different moves depending on the gems. Who knows. Didn't one of the gems focus on elementals? Given his arsenal the sky's the limit.

Like I said in the other thread, I'm actually hoping his Armor may change depending on his Gem selection.

Imagine if you could go between the likes of the X2, X3, Gaea, Falcon, Shadow and Blade Armors, depending on which Gem. Oh, and of course, the Ultimate Armor could be reserved for a level three super, which consists of non stop Nova Strike spam~!

My hope for X, which I don't think will play out is, he'll have two primary super moves. One will be Armor Change and the other will be a standard hyper attack. The Armor change will give a different type of armor depending on the buttons used or motion, similar to Volnutt's weapon change special. For example First Armor will be QCB+LP/HP, Falcon Armor will be same motion but LP/LK, and Gaea Armor with HP/HK. Each one does the standard stat boost & move alterations for a limited time like all "buff" supers.

After that, there would be the standard hyper attack but would be different for type of Armor that you use, like unarmored X is Plasma Shot as we saw in the trailer, First Armor gives Charged Storm Tornado / Rolling Shield / etc., Falcon gives the Falcon Dive, and Gaea Armor does the Gaea Sphere (similar to Sentinel's Plasma Storm). After doing the special it would automatically end the armor mode and revert to unarmored X. Of course his level 3 would involve the Ultimate Armor using Nova Strike or Ultimate X from Command Mission doing a missile / beam salvo in a cinematic.

The 4 characters I would love are all from the Marvel side:

MCU-
Black Panther
Yondu Udonta from GotG (could do some cool gameplay stuff with that arrow)
Comics-
Cloak & Dagger (as one character)
Ms. Marvel

As for the Capcom side; Just go nuts. There are so many fan favorites and obscure characters to choose from.
I like you

batfax

Short answer is that "Earth-30847" (the Marvel Earth these games take place in), have almost always had moments when the various Marvel and Capcom settings have merged and intersected, giving each sides' heroes and villains reasons to seek common goals. MvC3's episode was apparently caused because Dr. Doom and Wesker decided to go after Galactus' powers for the lolz, among other things.

This would be the first time that the series had actually had full scale merging of various areas, I'd think.

Well, yeah, I know in-universe there's stuff like that (though it's been super loose without a proper story mode). I was thinking from a design perspective so it'd be easier to think of what to expect for further stage reveals. I can't think of obvious connections besides it just being cool.

Oh right forgot Date and Hideyoshi from Sengoku Basara. Again,Like Asura I never played their games but one's a six katana wieldin',motorcycle horse ridin', engrish spewin' bastard while the other is a villain and is big so 2 birds with one stone.

mrmickfran

Assuming the roster stays the same on the Capcom side:

-Throw away Trish, bring in Nero.

-Throw away Hsein-Ko, bring in Demitri.

-Throw away C. Viper, bring in RASHIDOOOOOO

-Change Zero into his MMZ counterpart which allows for more versatility.

-Throw in Bass Exe to represent both classic and Battle Network series, and he's also just a complete badass.

-Obviously bring in Gene/Asura.

-Bring a Monster Hunter rep if they're cool with it.

-For shits and giggles, add in Sissel.

I'm not really big on Marvel characters but a few that I would like to be in are: Black Panther, Daredevil, Blade, Loki, Black Widow and Venom. And if they're cool with X-Men, bring in Quicksilver and Scarlet.

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
latest

Onimusha representation would be dope

[QUOTE="D";226073120]
latest

Onimusha representation would be dope[/QUOTE]
Two eastern for Marvel.

This is also sadly why we won't be getting two Ace Attorney characters despite it being one of Capcom's most successful series.

So cool new characters I liked to see.
Marvel:
Black Panther
Luke Cage
Blade
Falcon
Spider-Man (Miles Morales)
Ms America
Ms Marvel
Groot
Antman
Star Lord
Vision
Winter Soldier

Capcom
Leon
Nero
Bass.exe
Jon Talbain
Jedah
Pyron
Akira
Date Masamune
Gene

My dream list would have to include:

Capcom side

Regina from Dino crisis, complete with T-rex ultra combo.
Rival school character
Monster hunter character
Mike Haggar
Trone Bonne
Asura
Lord Raptor

Marvel

Moonnight
The Punisher
Luke Cage
Deadpool
Daredevil

As well s the usual suspects we expect form their mainline stuff.

Errrr Silver Samurai anyone!!?
I can't tell if you're referring to some no name character that will never appear in this game because he's an E tier FOX property or if you misspelled a super cool potential Ace Attorney character that will also probably never appear in this game.

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
Errrr Silver Samurai anyone!!?

Silver Samurai would be dope too, if only Marvel wasn't so worried about juicing up their popular characters at the moment. If it weren't for that then I could name a bunch of characters I'd like to see, regardless of popularity/relativity today

Skab

Two eastern for Marvel.

This is also sadly why we won't be getting two Ace Attorney characters despite it being one of Capcom's most successful series.

Marvel doesn't get to decide what Capcom characters are in the game.

Also we had Phoenix Wright in umvc3 so I'm not sure why you say theyll never be in.

Also we had Phoenix Wright in umvc3 so I'm not sure why you say theyll never be in.
I think if you compare the number of Resident Evil characters in MvC3 vs Tatsunoko vs Capcom you'll see what I'm getting at.

And Tatsunoko vs Capcom almost had 2 Ace Attorney characters because anime.

I think his point is that Marvel vs. Capcom has always been aimed more at the western audience more than anything.

Just compare UMVC3's Capcom lineup to Tatsunoko vs. Capcom's cast. The former has a lot of mainstream and popular characters while the latter is filled with more obscure Japanese centric ones, like Saki Omokane and Soki.

amtrack

Neo Member
will phoenix have his new redesign as his main outfit or is that going to be an alt costume?

i feel like i answered my own question here but idk part of me thinks theyre gonna stick with the redesign

will phoenix have his new redesign as his main outfit or is that going to be an alt costume?

i feel like i answered my own question here but idk part of me thinks theyre gonna stick with the redesign
They'll need the redesign for when Maya gets replaced by Athena and Blackquill is an additional character.

Neoxon

Marvel did supposedly say no to Demitri due to Midnight Bliss.

Lettuce

I can't tell if you're referring to some no name character that will never appear in this game because he's an E tier FOX property or if you misspelled a super cool potential Ace Attorney character that will also probably never appear in this game.

Yeah im talking about the Silver Samurai who is in X-Men: Children of the Atom and Marvel vs. Capcom 2. There has been no confirmation that X-Men character will or will not appear in this game yet and if they dont that means you can kiss goodbye to Spiderman appearing in the game either then!

I'd rather they go with his current design since it looks slightly more appropriate for this sort of thing, though I am inclined to think they would go back to his original look due to the anime. If they do go with his original look though, I doubt his new look will be the alt costume, since its a bit too similar.

SephLuis

From another thread:

My guesses on the Capcom side :

Ryu
Chun-Li
Phoenix Wright
Wesker
Leon
Megaman X (or EXE)
Zero
Dante
Strider
Morrigan
Samanosuke (Onimusha)
Gene (God Hand) or Asura (Asura's Wrath)
Someone from Monster Hunter
Amaterasu
Frank West

Other possibiities:
Arthur
Viewtiful Joe
Spencer from Bionic Commando
Ryu from Breath of Fire

Just Capcom side because I do not know anything from marvel.

Zen Mu

So cool new characters I liked to see.
Marvel:
Black Panther
Luke Cage
Blade
Falcon
Spider-Man (Miles Morales)
Ms America
Ms Marvel
Groot
Antman
Star Lord
Vision
Winter Soldier

Man I forgot about M.A.C (Ms America Chavez), you could do some cool gameplay stuff with her portals. She's comin' up too, now that she's the leader of the Ultimates instead of Carol.

Anbec7

I would like to see Gene on this.
I mean X got it and I know he was kinda of popular.
Strange needs to return with some new moves and that's it!

So do we have any rumours going around so far?

Yo Heath, I love that you included a (very likely) rumors section, but you should probably add Ant-Man and Groot to that list because of Polygon, yeah?

Neoxon

I'm also gonna have to push for Miss America Chavez (since one of my friends would kill me if I didn't hype her up).

Top Bottom