• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
They only mainly did that to celebrate the release of GOTG Volume 2.

Yeah it still makes no sense, they should have showed Rocket before E3 and then show some completely new chars there... i swear they better not save Rocket gameplay which nobody cares about for E3.

Neonep

I think this game is going to have a base roster of 40. They still have a bunch to reveal especially for the Capcom characters. Still can't believe this game is coming out in September.

Yeah it still makes no sense, they should have showed Rocket before E3 and then show some completely new chars there... i swear they better not save Rocket gameplay which nobody cares about for E3.
I wish they did some character announcements for May. Marvel/Capcom are apperently in no rush to show off the whole cast.

Capcom should start creating character exhibition videos with Combofiend detailing the characters. This was something they did with Seth Killian back in MVC3 and it was awesome. Surprised they haven't done anything like this yet.

J-Tier

They just announced on the CB2017 stream that infinite will be playable at e3 and ceo 2017
Nice! Kinda regret not buying an E3 ticket now since it's only about a 30 min drive away.

Not being able to participate in the conferences was what kept me from buying them.

Nice! Kinda regret not buying an E3 ticket now since it's only about a 30 min drive away.

Not being able to participate in the conferences was what kept me from buying them.

Pftt... I wish I was that close... This is E3's first year they are allowing the general public to attend as well. Sucks I cant go.

I wonder if there will be any major graphical upgrades at CEO/E3? Perhaps a healthbar change?

Can't wait to see watch pro people play the game. Think they might hold a side tourney at CEO? I see it highly likely for EVO

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
E3 and CEO are back to back. Wonder if they'll just have everything announced at E3, have a build with them playable at CEO, and then maybe a teaser at CEO Finals.

Please give us official artwork at E3. Please give us silhouettes so we can have a guessing game again. That's the stuff that made pre-release MVC3 so much fun. We got all of the characters leaked the day UMVC3 was announced, but Lupinko's crazy hints up to that point was some of the most fun I've ever had when it came to an upcoming game reveal.

We need more stuff like that.

J-Tier

Please give us official artwork at E3. Please give us silhouettes so we can have a guessing game again. That's the stuff that made pre-release MVC3 so much fun. We got all of the characters leaked the day UMVC3 was announced, but Lupinko's crazy hints up to that point was some of the most fun I've ever had when it came to an upcoming game reveal.

Yeah. It was seriously fun, nothing I've experienced (game discussion related) was as fun as those times.

shaowebb

Here's hoping we get more news soon. The gameplay news was a big load off my mind when it hit. There will be some great shenanigans here. Now I'm ready for cast to be revealed finally. Cmooooooooon Daredevil.

Neonep

there wont be a delay, they just announced the release date a few weeks ago.
I wouldn't be surprised if there was a delay though, we have what, 4 months until launch and there is still a shit ton we don't know about this game. Hell if the alternate Marvel characters are a good indication they haven't even unveiled half of the roster.

The time frame when they announced this game isn't all that much different to RE 7. That was announced at E3 in June and came out in late Jan. This was announced in Dec at PSX and is coming out late Sept.

I miss the characters artworks after each reveal, those were really good.

Silhouettes would be nice too.

Weiss

Banned
I hope we gt actual character reveal trailers rather than just dropping them into videos with their name in highlights.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
! I'll be at CEO! :D

I hope that you are willing to take some notes for us! :D

Please give us official artwork at E3.

I second this. I would love to have official artworks per characters so I can use them for OP. It's weird for me to take a screenshot of video for banners.

Yep, this is pretty much a lock for Sony's conference.

Hopefully we would see some surprise characters there!

I'm honestly surprised they haven't shown Spider-Man yet.

Maybe they are saving it for Japanese event or Spider-Man MCU movie.

I'm honestly surprised they haven't shown Spider-Man yet.

Back for MvC3, Spider-Man wasn't revealed for quite a while. Since Japan isn't that big into most Marvel properties, he was held off until TGS, which was months after they had initially started revealing characters. We had a bunch of people even questioning if he would be in the game. I suppose it seems silly in hindsight that there could have been a chance for such an omission, though we didn't get Mega Man in the end, so I guess there was some merit to worrying.

I was hoping for some Shinkiro's art but it seems that no artist is involved with Infinite, as far as we know at least.

I asked CPT_Damon if Shinkiro was doing art for Infinite and he said he has no idea if he is or not. Not that he'd give a straight answer on that since he probably can't. Hopefully we'll see a large Infinite poster with Shinkiro promotional artwork. That would seriously be awesome.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I wouldn't be surprised if there was a delay though, we have what, 4 months until launch and there is still a shit ton we don't know about this game. Hell if the alternate Marvel characters are a good indication they haven't even unveiled half of the roster.

again, that was our thought process when the game only had a "october" date. Not only did they just give a day, but they even bumped it up to septemeber.

the game will come out, in what state, well, thats another issue altogether.

Ryce

again, that was our thought process when the game only had a "october" date. Not only did they just give a day, but they even bumped it up to septemeber.
This game never had an October release date. We only heard the incredibly vague "late 2017" before the September 19 announcement.

Dremark

Banned
Back for MvC3, Spider-Man wasn't revealed for quite a while. Since Japan isn't that big into most Marvel properties, he was held off until TGS, which was months after they had initially started revealing characters. We had a bunch of people even questioning if he would be in the game. I suppose it seems silly in hindsight that there could have been a chance for such an omission, though we didn't get Mega Man in the end, so I guess there was some merit to worrying.

Megaman is an important part of Capcom's history, but he isn't comparable to Spiderman.

Honestly though it's hilarious looking back to when people thought Spiderman wouldn't be in.

J-Tier

I don't mind a delay, however, with such a specific date announced so close to that date--I don't think there'll be an issue.

Top Bottom