• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Hype -1000.

I'm laughing (and crying) over here.

giphy.gif

SaikyoBro

Learned some new details over the weekend. I'm going to try to keep it vague and not confirm any characters specifically to avoid ending up on Eventhubs or whatever.

- 28 character launch roster, I know all of them but 1 for sure and I think I might know who the last one is.
- No Ace Attorney, Viewtiful Joe, Final Fight or Okami characters. No Ms. Marvel, no X-Men or F4 to speak of.
- Of the remaining cast there's one returning MvC2 character, nine characters coming back from 3 (ten if the last character is who I think it is) and only four more newcomers.
- I know of one DLC character besides Sigma and he's coming back from MvC2, not sure if he's scheduled for this year or next year.

There's definitely some cool surprises left but I get the impression most people are going to be disappointed.

Don't tell me that Howard the Duck is in the game.

I would like him.

I want someone completely out of left field like Howard.

Learned some new details over the weekend. I'm going to try to keep it vague and not confirm any characters specifically to avoid ending up on Eventhubs or whatever.

- 28 character launch roster, I know all of them but 1 for sure and I think I might know who the last one is.
- No Ace Attorney, Viewtiful Joe, Final Fight or Okami characters. No Ms. Marvel, no X-Men or F4 to speak of.
- Of the remaining cast there's one returning MvC2 character, nine characters coming back from 3 (ten if the last character is who I think it is) and only four more newcomers.
- I know of one DLC character besides Sigma and he's coming back from MvC2, not sure if he's scheduled for this year or next year.

There's definitely some cool surprises left but I get the impression most people are going to be disappointed.
Oh jesus, that sounds disappointing.

Jawmuncher

Regina Finally made it in.

This game is about to go in the fucking trash

kirblar

Oh wow no wonder the DLC pack is all newbies.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member

Profound sadness

Neoxon

Some surprising stuff, to be honest. So is the Champions cover for Nova? If so, would that imply Sam Nova?

JeTmAn81

The idea of a small (for MvC) starting roster is plausible to me. It was the same with SFV. I wonder how much money they save in development costs...

As things are currently I'll be fine with Hulk, Strider and Dante (presumably) in the mix.

JazzmanZ

Theoretically would you consider Venom a MvC2 returnee or a newcomer?

28 seems low
I'm cool with everyone on that list getting bounced except Ms. Marvel
HAYATO IS BACK PRAISE THE LORD

Also Dante is totally cut right

PSqueak

Banned

Seriously, guys, prepare yourself. The launch roster is a massive fucking disappointment.

I have never hoped something to be lies as hard as this.

Neoxon

The idea of a small (for MvC) starting roster is plausible to me. It was the same with SFV. I wonder how much money they save in development costs...
At least in SFV, they remade everything from scratch. Only 28 in a game that's reusing a ton of assets from UMvC3 is a huge disappointment.

KaYotiX

Banned
Damn... This game is sounding worse and worse.

Especially since we have some really great fighters out atm.

Keeping my expectations in check.

kirblar

28 seems low
I'm cool with everyone on that list getting bounced except Ms. Marvel
HAYATO IS BACK PRAISE THE LORD

Also Dante is totally cut right
MvC3 had 36+2 for 38.
MvCI has 28+6 for 34.

Considering it's 2v2, that's actually fine, they just better be supporting this game post-launch.

kirblar

no ms marvel man what
She could easily be S1 DLC.
At least now the sudden release date and Sigma (Despite being in the story mode) as a DLC character makes more and more sense now.
S1 DLC characters were playable in S1 Story Mode for SFV, might be a similar thing going on here, or Sigma/Ultron merge like 2 seconds into the story and you just never play as him.

Lulubop

Didn't the say the LDC characters were Newcomers?

SaikyoBro

MvC3 had 36+2 for 38.
MvCI has 28+6 for 34.

Considering it's 2v2, that's actually fine, they just better be supporting this game post-launch.

Yeah in terms of raw numbers it's not too bad but when you consider the work put into both games (3 had 38 characters made from scratch, this game is reusing assets and still falls WAY short, with tons of cuts and barely any newcomers) I think people have a right to be disappointed, we've come to expect more by 2017.

All that said obviously the idea was to rush the game out as quickly as possible and worry about filling in the blanks on the roster later, in a couple years hopefully we'll be looking back and laughing.

JazzmanZ

Meh I'm fine with this, i'm just here to enjoy a new Marvel vs. Capcom, and its already a miracle this game is being made in the first place

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
MvC 2 character is male, not from X-Men or F4 so these are the options:

Blackheart
Venom
Thanos
War Machine
Captain Commando
Nash
Anakaris
Dan
Dhalsim