• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

kirblar

MvC 2 character is male, not from X-Men or F4 so these are the options:

Blackheart
Venom
Thanos
War Machine
Captain Commando
Nash
Anakaris
Dan
Dhalsim
Guile
Hayato
Jin
Ken
SonSon
Zangief
It's Venom. (unless they're being real weird about how they're crosspromoting this.) His solo book has a variant cover and now that we know it's 14, we know some characters are getting 2+.

Only Q is if any of the S1 DLC characters got a cover as well. But the first 14 should be easy to figure out.

Jawmuncher

All hopes lie in DLC now.

4 fucking newcomers.
That means 2 for capcom and 2 for marvel.

I'm expecting the worst case scenario now. However this leak happening when it did makes it seem like we'll know the whole roster by E3 at this point.

7Th

Learned some new details over the weekend. I'm going to try to keep it vague and not confirm any characters specifically to avoid ending up on Eventhubs or whatever.

- 28 character launch roster, I know all of them but 1 for sure and I think I might know who the last one is.
- No Ace Attorney, Viewtiful Joe, Final Fight or Okami characters. No Ms. Marvel, no X-Men or F4 to speak of.
- Of the remaining cast there's one returning MvC2 character, nine characters coming back from 3 (ten if the last character is who I think it is) and only four more newcomers.
- I know of one DLC character besides Sigma and he's coming back from MvC2, not sure if he's scheduled for this year or next year.

There's definitely some cool surprises left but I get the impression most people are going to be disappointed.

I hope this game is a massive fucking failure that teaches Capcom to not do this shit again. I can't believe they're doing this despite recycling animations from 3.

Blueblur1

MvC 2 character is male, not from X-Men or F4 so these are the options:

Blackheart
Venom
Thanos
War Machine
Captain Commando
Nash
Anakaris
Dan
Dhalsim
Guile
Hayato
Jin
Ken
Zangief

It's totally going to be Thanos

My money is on War Machine because no one but Marvel would care about War Machine being in the game. (I don't buy the excuse that Capcom makes all the character decisions.)

JazzmanZ

My speculation

1.Captain America
2.iron man
3.Hulk
4.Thor
5.Hawkeye
6.Rocket/Groot
7.Spider-man
8.Venom
9.Black panther
10.Captain Marvel
11.Ant-Man
12.Dr.Strange
13.Ultron
14.Starlord

1.Ryu
2.Chun-li
3.Strider
4.Chris
5.X
6.Dante
7.Spencer
8.Wesker
9.Arthur
10.Morrigan
11.Jedah
12.Nemesis
13.Frank west
14.Akuma

I hope this game is a massive fucking failure that teaches Capcom to not do this shit again. I can't believe they're doing this despite recycling animations from 3.
Yah that's what I'm thinking, paying for new characters for dlc will look terrible at launch...

ZeroCDR

No way this shit is real. This game will be eviscerated out the gate, even worse than SDFV

I'm guessing they're banking on Marvel hype to push the game out the door early and then have a lot of DLC waiting the bank, especially 3's veterans. It feels super scummy but I suppose they do need to be rebalanced for the new systems, which still takes a lot of time surely.

This is frustrating beyond belief.

Like, I'm going to be tremendously let down by this roster, having to pay a lot more for less than what MVC3 gave me content-wise...

But on the other hand, over time the game could grow to massive proportions... but that suppport could get kneecapped if the game flops.

This is the truest form of the monkey's paw.

Lulubop

It will absolutely kill its legs unless the DLC is amazing.

But then people are going to be even more pissed that it's gated by being DLC.

People are super critical about Capcom in general, but especially when it comes to DLC. If this is true, they're sending out the game to die and completely obliterate any positive reputation they have.

But then people are going to be even more pissed that it's gated by being DLC.

People are super critical about Capcom in general, but especially when it comes to DLC. If this is true, they're sending out the game to die and completely obliterate any positive reputation they have.

That's absolutely true, and Capcom is terrible with their DLC schedule.

KingBroly

Banned
Learned some new details over the weekend. I'm going to try to keep it vague and not confirm any characters specifically to avoid ending up on Eventhubs or whatever.

- 28 character launch roster, I know all of them but 1 for sure and I think I might know who the last one is.
- No Ace Attorney, Viewtiful Joe, Final Fight or Okami characters. No Ms. Marvel, no X-Men or F4 to speak of.
- Of the remaining cast there's one returning MvC2 character, nine characters coming back from 3 (ten if the last character is who I think it is) and only four more newcomers.
- I know of one DLC character besides Sigma and he's coming back from MvC2, not sure if he's scheduled for this year or next year.

There's definitely some cool surprises left but I get the impression most people are going to be disappointed.

Yeowch

That's a Hype Killer

Anth0ny

Venom is returning MVC2 character and Thanos will totally be DLC from MVC2.

Hoping Daredevil is one of those newcomers.

I don't see what's disappointing about that. Marvel 3 had a god tier lineup, friends.

SaikyoBro

Someone end the suffering and just put it out there, somehow. The world needs to just rip the band aid off

If my source were in a position where that would be a good idea I would do it in a heartbeat. :[

The idea posting these details was more to prepare you guys for what's coming and hopefully soften the blow, if it were possible to tell Gaf the whole roster without the whole internet setting on fire I would do it. For now just try to keep your expectations in check, I guess.

7Th

Fuck "buying the game so that it doesn't flop and it keeps getting support"; Capcom shouldn't be rewarded for their bullshit. Let it all burn to the ground.

MoxManiac

So far, we have 8 confirmed marvel characters (2 new), and 6 confirmed Capcom characters (1 new) not counting Sigma.

I would say Dr. Strange and Spidey are locks for returning characters. Dante too, probably. No Haggar is ridiculously dissapointing..

I'd actually be really happy if Nemesis and Ghost Rider returns, but I'm probably in the minority.

Spinky

...Huh.

...........Huh.

.......................................Huh.

This sounds like garbage.

opricnik

Banned
Marvel Side
1-Iron Man
2-Spider Man
3-Rocket Rack with Groot
4-Star Lord
5-Venom
6-Ultron
7-Dr Strange
8-Black Panther or Daredevil
9-Black Widow
10-Thor
11-Hulk
12-Hawkeye
13-Captain America
14-Captain Marvel

wow so boring , like hawkeye,widow etc so boring

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
In a world where KoFXIV started off with a MVC size roster (50 +4 more months later), I really would expect Capcom + Marvel together to be able to get close to that.

Ultimately, it depends on how complex the characters feel within gameplay. You can get 3 characters worth out of 1 slot, if they're developed well (like the cast of Neo Killer Instinct). Though the reportedly simple move list don't suggest this yet, sadly.

But it's just... Odd. You'd think MVC would be the series where they could just go wild with roster numbers and such out of the gate, in order to sew some good will with the consumer base. The graphic style isn't all that special, and there's a lot of animation / derivative model reuse already.

Why serve up a roster that's similar to many other companies single-IP titles? Capcom feels like they're depending WAY too heavily on fighter DLC making their games feel like what they should start off at, one year later.

Can either of you at least confirm if the marvel half is all mcu or not? I know venom falls into a weird cloud since sony is making a venom film that sounds separate from the mcu but I'd count him as one for the sake of convenience.

7Th

Marvel Side
1-Iron Man
2-Spider Man
3-Rocket Rack with Groot
4-Star Lord
5-Venom
6-Ultron
7-Dr Strange
8-Black Panther
9-Black Widow
10-Thor
11-Hulk
12-Hawkeye
13-Daredevil
14-Female-someone who is not on fox

wow so boring , like hawkeye,widow etc so boring

You didn't even put actually confirmed characters like Captain America or Captain Marvel on your list.

Ryce

Genuine question

Is there anything you've seen of the game so far that's actually made you excited or is it all one huge bummer
I'm personally really, really bummed. It feels like Street Fighter V all over again -- the "game as a service" model with tons of DLC and a shoestring budget base game.

Top Bottom