• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

Yay Jedah

Boo this shit:
So, let's recap:
- 28 characters
- Only 4 females
- 7 newcomers
- No black, hispanic or middle eastern characters
- No X-Men, F4, Final Fight, Okami, Viewtful Joe, Ace Attorney characters
- Only 1 non-MCU character
- 1 male DLC character returning from MvC2
- 9 characters returning from MvC3
- Only 2 characters from SF(Ryu, Chun-Li) and 2 from RE(Chris, ???)

Did i miss anything?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Ant-Man
Captain America
Captain Marvel
Doctor Strange
Gamora
Hawkeye
Hulk
Iron Man
Nova
Rocket/Groot (this is how the character was named to me; I’m not sure if it’s just Rocket Raccoon with Groot assists or a redesigned character actually called Rocket/Groot)
Spider-Man
Thanos
Thor
Ultron

Gamora is a nice touch, but the lack of Black Panther & Ms Marvel is a real bummer

NotLiquid

Like, for a 2v2 fighter, 28 fighters isn't terrible. I felt even 32 characters was an optimistic guess on my part.

But god damn. These choices just reaffirm how this is the bare minimum. Jedah is the only interesting character immediately mentioned on the entire roster because he's an inherently unique character. Other than that, holy crap, it's so sanitized. Why couldn't you switch out one of these returning vets with Sigma?

Jawmuncher

I'm not sure.
Capcom Loss
Akuma
Vergil
Wesker

Marvel Loss
Deadpool
Doctor Doom

She-Hulk
Taskmaster
Cry with me.

I'll miss them
gjvpbmjft2ftmy4q1y.gif

Gamora over Star Lord or Drax is bizarre.

They had to do something or else we'd have 3 female characters in this.

I was just given permission to share this.

Arthur
Chris
Chun-Li
Dante
Firebrand
Jedah
Monster Hunter
Morrigan
Nemesis
Ryu
Spencer
Strider Hiryu
X

Ant-Man
Captain America
Captain Marvel
Doctor Strange
Gamora
Hawkeye
Hulk
Iron Man
Nova
Rocket/Groot (this is how the character was named to me; I’m not sure if it’s just Rocket Raccoon with Groot assists or a redesigned character actually called Rocket/Groot)
Spider-Man
Thanos
Thor
Ultron

The Capcom side is missing a character, but it’s probably someone like Frank West.

With all the lead up, that's actually not as bad as I was expecting.

I'm not sure.

Capcom Loss
Akuma
Amaterasu
C. Viper
Felicia
Haggar
Hsien-Ko
Jill
Phoenix Wright
Trish
Tron
Vergil
Viewtiful Joe
Wesker
Zero

Capcom Gain
Jedah
Monster Hunter
X

Marvel Loss
Deadpool
Doctor Doom
Dormammu
Ghost Rider
Iron Fist
M.O.D.O.K.
Magneto
Phoenix
Sentinel
She-Hulk
Shuma-Gorath
Storm
Super-Skrull
Taskmaster
Wolverine
X-23

Marvel Gain
Ant-Man
Captain Marvel
Gamora
Thanos
Ultron

Cry with me.
Seeing all the characters on the list makes me want to cry too...
They should have crazy plans for updates/DLC if they want the game to sell.

Weiss

Banned
I'm happy that Arthur and Firebrand came back, that makes me really happy, and Jedah is a pleasant surprise, but Nemesis instead of Wesker is dumb and I don't really care for any of the Marvel characters. Losing Ammy, Phoenix Wright and no Asura is also a dealbreaker for me.

Will pass until the complete edition comes out.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Capcom Loss
Akuma
Amaterasu
C. Viper
Felicia
Haggar
Hsien-Ko
Jill
Phoenix Wright
Trish
Tron
Vergil
Viewtiful Joe
Wesker
Zero

Capcom Gain
Jedah
Monster Hunter
X

Marvel Loss
Deadpool
Doctor Doom
Dormammu
Ghost Rider
Iron Fist
M.O.D.O.K.
Magneto
Phoenix
Sentinel
She-Hulk
Shuma-Gorath
Storm
Super-Skrull
Taskmaster
Wolverine
X-23

Marvel Gain
Ant-Man
Captain Marvel
Gamora
Thanos
Ultron

Cry with me.

Losing She-Hulk, Phoenix Wright, Mike Haggar, Wesker, and few characters sucks but someday I might find new mains.

Dahbomb

Gamora over Star Lord or Drax is bizarre.

It's not bizarre at all... Marvel probably realized at the last minute that they have only 1 female in there and they didn't want yet another god damn Avenger in there but still wanted 2 GOTG reps so they went with Gamora. Imagine that cast without Gamora... pure sausage fest on the Marvel side.

I'mma go ahead and cancel my preorder for now until the other characters are shown to get a good read on them. This is a disappointing list.
No Moon Knight/Ms. Marvel/Deadpool/Zero/Amaterasu just ain't right.

D-Man

I was just given permission to share this.

Arthur
Chris
Chun-Li
Dante
Firebrand
Jedah
Monster Hunter
Morrigan
Nemesis
Ryu
Spencer
Strider Hiryu
X

Ant-Man
Captain America
Captain Marvel
Doctor Strange
Gamora
Hawkeye
Hulk
Iron Man
Nova
Spider-Man
Thanos
Thor
Ultron

The Capcom side is missing a character, but it’s probably someone like Frank West.

I love Frank but no Phoenix Wright or Asura? What the hell, Capcom.

Jawmuncher

Should have replaced him with Regina.

Would've helped out the lack of female character problems they're having.

----

This DLC plan better be off the fucking charts. They need to be hitting hard and fast all the fan favorites and most requested ones.
I don't want to see DLC wasted on the likes of Patrick Tyler and such.

I can see Thanos/Jedah being my Day 1 team and Nemesis/Arthur the team I go back to for ranked. I'm beyond pleased. I'm sure if I hand picked the roster, that would be the only way I or anyone would be completely happy but I'm content with the on-disc characters.

Getting rid of Wesker and Vergil makes me proud, but the possibility of them existing as DLC gives me a bit of anxiety

BTA

I was really hoping for a more interesting roster on the Capcom side of things. I've sorta lost interest in fighters over the past few years but was hoping to jump back in soon; if anything, I guess I'll be going for SFV and/or Tekken 7 over this now.

So you don't see a problem with 2 Ghost N Goblin reps when there are more popular franchises like Ace Attorney that got completely left out?

Not really, no. And this is from an AA fan. Yeah I'll miss Wright, but I'm not gonna pretend that I had any particular attachment to him in UMvC3.

RedBoot

I don't mind Nemesis over Wesker (mostly because I love Nemmy), but the thing that bothers me is that it's Chris and Nemesis, who never met in the RE games, and as an RE Nerd I will be angry when they have a dramatic showdown in the story mode despite no prior history.

But god damn. These choices just reaffirm how this is the bare minimum. Jedah is the only interesting character immediately mentioned on the entire roster because he's an inherently unique character. Other than that, holy crap, it's so sanitized. Why couldn't you switch out one of these returning vets with Sigma?

Ha, maybe that should have been an alarm bell for us. One of the main two villains in the story mode isn't on the base roster.

Spade

I'm not sure.

Capcom Loss
Akuma
Amaterasu
C. Viper
Felicia
Haggar
Hsien-Ko
Jill
Phoenix Wright
Trish