• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

Jawmuncher

I don't mind Nemesis. Chris and Nemesis should be a decent team. But Nemesis beating out Wesker is odd as hell. Especially when we have RE5 chris.

Wesker about to be joining Vergil in DLC land. Since capcom knows fans will pay.

Lulubop

I was just given permission to share this.

Arthur
Chris
Chun-Li
Dante
Firebrand
Jedah
Monster Hunter
Morrigan
Nemesis
Ryu
Spencer
Strider Hiryu
X

Ant-Man
Captain America
Captain Marvel
Doctor Strange
Gamora
Hawkeye
Hulk
Iron Man
Nova
Rocket/Groot (this is how the character was named to me; I’m not sure if it’s just Rocket Raccoon with Groot assists or a redesigned character actually called Rocket/Groot)
Spider-Man
Thanos
Thor
Ultron

The Capcom side is missing a character, but it’s probably someone like Frank West.

JEDAH, THE GOAT CHARACTER

It's not bizarre at all... Marvel probably realized at the last minute that they have only 1 female in there and they didn't want yet another god damn Avenger in there but still wanted 2 GOTG reps so they went with Gamora. Imagine that cast without Gamora... pure sausage fest on the Marvel side.
I feel like Black Widow is the better pick

I'm not sure.

Capcom Loss
Akuma
Amaterasu
C. Viper
Felicia
Haggar
Hsien-Ko
Jill
Phoenix Wright
Trish
Tron
Vergil
Viewtiful Joe
Wesker
Zero

Marvel Loss

Dormammu
Ghost Rider
Iron Fist
M.O.D.O.K.
She-Hulk
Shuma-Gorath
Taskmaster

Cry with me.

Just what the hell....

First the overpriced SFV DLC now this. They can easily include all these characters in the base game but nope, they're gonna keep them out just so they can be sold as DLC for later SMH.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Watch those money grabbing a-holes saving all the new and best chars for DLC.

It's not bizarre at all... Marvel probably realized at the last minute that they have only 1 female in there and they didn't want yet another god damn Avenger in there but still wanted 2 GOTG reps so they went with Gamora. Imagine that cast without Gamora... pure sausage fest on the Marvel side.

I'd gladly give up Gamora for Star Lord and add in Ms.Marvel. But hey, Capcom knows better than us.

Skab

Actually, thats a good question. To those with sources, is there any chance these could change/be wrong/incomplete or anything of that sort, or is this 100% the final launch rosteR?

A reworked nemesis could be cool.

GUYS GUYS GUYS.

AIR DASHING NEMESIS...

Okay okay okay... I'm hype again.

Airdashing?

Morel like Nemesis with the time stone or space stone

KingBroly

Banned

Arthur
Chris
Chun-Li
Dante
Firebrand
Jedah
Monster Hunter
Morrigan
Nemesis
Ryu
Spencer
Strider Hiryu
X

Ant-Man
Captain America
Captain Marvel
Doctor Strange
Gamora
Hawkeye
Hulk
Iron Man
Nova
Rocket/Groot (this is how the character was named to me; I’m not sure if it’s just Rocket Raccoon with Groot assists or a redesigned character actually called Rocket/Groot)
Spider-Man
Thanos
Thor
Ultron

The Capcom side is missing a character, but it’s probably someone like Frank West.

I'm really surprised at how bad this roster is. And if Frank West is in the game, it's probably going to be from Dead Rising 4...ugh.

Next thing you know Capcom will charge for the DLC again in Mega Man 9/10 in Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 (assuming it's legitimate).

SaikyoBro

30 (possibly 31) cuts from the predecessor honestly sounds like a record number of cuts for a fighting game. Maybe from something like MK Armageddon to the new games has it beat, but that's the only one I can think of (and I think most people were actually happy about that, lol).

Eolz

Arthur
Chris
Chun-Li
Dante
Firebrand
Jedah
Monster Hunter
Morrigan
Nemesis
Ryu
Spencer
Strider Hiryu
X

Ant-Man
Captain America
Captain Marvel
Doctor Strange
Gamora
Hawkeye
Hulk
Iron Man
Nova
Spider-Man
Thanos
Thor
Ultron

This is really sad.
On both sides.

Blueblur1

Arthur
Chris
Chun-Li
Dante
Firebrand
Jedah
Monster Hunter
Morrigan
Nemesis
Ryu
Spencer
Strider Hiryu
X

Ant-Man
Captain America
Captain Marvel
Doctor Strange
Gamora
Hawkeye
Hulk
Iron Man
Nova
Spider-Man
Thanos
Thor
Ultron

Gamora? Monster Hunter character? Nemesis? Firebrand!?!?

lol those choices are whack

Neonep

I will say this. If they can release 2 characters a month for about 4-5 months straight then we might be able to salvage this.

Also no Luke Cage, Daredevil, Iron Fist, & Jessica Jones. That is just a missed opportunity with the Defenders coming out on Netflix August 18th.

Given that my entire Umvc3 team (Nova,Spencer,Hawkeye) is back its a bit hard for me to be that disappointed... but yeah that is definitely a lot less than I was expecting/hoping for.

So neoxon was like what 1/8 on characters he expected in only getting nova right? No ms marvel, no star lord, no doc ock, no miles moraes

Edit: wow no dormammu that surprises me

Baleoce

Arthur
Chris
Chun-Li
Dante
Firebrand
Jedah
Monster Hunter
Morrigan
Nemesis
Ryu
Spencer
Strider Hiryu
X

Ant-Man
Captain America
Captain Marvel
Doctor Strange
Gamora
Hawkeye
Hulk
Iron Man
Nova
Rocket/Groot (this is how the character was named to me; I'm not sure if it's just Rocket Raccoon with Groot assists or a redesigned character actually called Rocket/Groot)
Spider-Man
Thanos
Thor
Ultron

The Capcom side is missing a character, but it's probably someone like Frank West.

What the actual shit lol. Only 4 female characters..

If they can release 2 characters a month

Not happening lol

oh come on you guys see what they're doing right? they're reusing a lot of assets and then any new graphics they need is just cheap mobile phone crap. they want $$$. you know how you get $$$ nowadays? They're gonna milk you all dry for DLC while putting together a cheap game. I gurantee you they have capcom employees on this thread going "Damn they're going to pay a crapload for the X-men characters in January when we do XPACK or whatever"

Negaduck

Actually, thats a good question. To those with sources, is there any chance these could change/be wrong/incomplete or anything of that sort, or is this 100% the final launch rosteR?

Airdashing?

Morel like Nemesis with the time stone or space stone

Box them in!

Gotta remember the stones when you look at the leak list. Some really silly and dumb things are possible.

KingBroly

Banned
I will say this. If they can release 2 characters a month for about 4-5 months straight then we might be able to salvage this.

Also no Luke Cage, Daredevil, Iron Fist, & Jessica Jones. That is just a missed opportunity with the Defenders coming out on Netflix August 18th.

Game of the Year Edition purchase written all over this.

No Felicia, no Cammy, no Venom or Squirrel Girl. It's just...bland

SaikyoBro

Iron Fist and Dormammu are the two strangest exclusions to me on the Marvel side, I really don't understand what could have happened there.

Dahbomb

30 (possibly 31) cuts from the predecessor honestly sounds like a record number of cuts for a fighting game. Maybe from something like MK Armageddon to the new games has it beat, but that's the only one I can think of (and I think most people were actually happy about that, lol).
Marvel 3 had more cuts from Marvel 2.

Top Bottom