• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

I remember how a few years ago, Niitsuma stated that if he was in charge of a new MVC game, he would try to bring back every character from at least the Capcom side.

Damn.

opricnik

Banned
Cant believe they didnt put their only new ip in years asura..
I cant believe they added nova instead of star lord..

no venom ,panther,daredevil,kingpin,mysterio,dock ock,ms marvel,moon knight

wow so fuckin bad

Lulubop

I would gladly pick BB Hood, Hsien Ko, Donovan, Anarkis or Sasquatch over Jedah.

Well good for you. Jedah fits a pla style niche that Capcom doesn't have and a better design than the rest of these characters. BB Hood, Hsien Ko and Anarkis have already been in a VS game, let some body new in. Also he's the big bad of a game, and not a rando jobber like Sas (even tho I'd love Sas too.)

TreIII

Even as a Monster Hunter fan, a Hunter was the last thing I wanted to see repping the brand on a roster of a game like this. Not when someone like Rajang could be a nice "big" char, or a Felyne Prowler as an opposite for Rocket.

Ah, well...hopefully, what we get is fun to play. But so many losses...

If no X-Men at launch was bad, now we get no Defenders...

Daredevil and Psylocke were my most wanted characters since Ultimate, it seems this won't happen anytime soon.

J-Tier

Companies like making money, I don't get the shock or anger here
You think they money they'll make from DLC will balance out with the initial purchases? I imagine making a quality product would result in a better profit. The word of mouth compounded with previous games having a poor reputation can't possibly be worth it.

Skab

Companies like making money, I don't get the shock or anger here

People still seem to have the weird idea that game companies are their friends and want to make games FOR them.

You think they money they'll make from DLC will balance out with the initial purchases? I imagine making a quality product would result in a better profit. The word of mouth compounded with previous games having a poor reputation can't possibly be worth it.

I'm willing to bet that the game still sells just fine, even with a disappointing starting roster.

BiggNife

Well good for you. Jedah fits a pla style niche that Capcom doesn't have and a better design than the rest of these characters. BB Hood, Hsien Ko and Anarkis have already been in a VS game, let some body new in. Also he's the big bad of a game, and not a rando jobber like Sas (even tho I'd love Sas too.)
Uh it's cool if you like Jedah I'm just personally disappointed with it

JeTmAn81

Disappointing roster, it lacks that spice of obscure picks like MODOK or Shuma. Everything hinges on gameplay, though, and roster issues can be ameliorated with DLC.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I remember how a few years ago, Niitsuma stated that if he was in charge of a new MVC game, he would try to bring back every character from at least the Capcom side.

Damn.

The only reason I actually want him back 6 months ago because I had a gut feeling we would see so many cuts.

GatorBait

This list really emphasizes how great and unique some of the UMvC3 characters were on the Capcom side. A lot of them not being included is just heartbreaking.

Viewtiful Joe
Amaterasu
Phoenix Wright
Vergil
Wesker

All such fun/interesting characters to play as. DLC plans better be massive for this... I want that crazy 50-character final roster!

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
I was just given permission to share this.

Arthur
Chris
Chun-Li
Dante
Firebrand
Jedah
Monster Hunter
Morrigan
Nemesis
Ryu
Spencer
Strider Hiryu
X

Ant-Man
Captain America
Captain Marvel
Doctor Strange
Gamora
Hawkeye
Hulk
Iron Man
Nova
Rocket/Groot (this is how the character was named to me; I’m not sure if it’s just Rocket Raccoon with Groot assists or a redesigned character actually called Rocket/Groot)
Spider-Man
Thanos
Thor
Ultron

The Capcom side is missing a character, but it’s probably someone like Frank West.

This list is "safe" as fuck. I am disappoint.

Dahbomb

People still seem to have the weird idea that game companies are their friends and want to make games FOR them
I can understand the first part being weird...

But the second part? Who the fuck is Capcom making this game for if not for their customer base? Capcom sure as shit isn't making a game that Capcom and Marvel want to play... they have to make a game that most people would want to buy and play.

If the reaction we see in this thread is what most of other people feel then Capcom has failed in this product.

I am one of the biggest VS fans out there along with being a HUGE Capcom fan along with being a fan of Marvel superheroes AND I like fighting games. I am dead center within the demographic of people who should be buying this game day 1.. this game does not excite me enough to put down $60 on it day 1. Like I actually have to pause to think about it. This roster is not a good look for Capcom at all and I am also one of those people who think game play matters more than roster. It does matter more.. but roster still makes a big chunk of what makes fighting games sell.

Anth0ny

Characters I played in Marvel 3:

-Wesker
-Sent
-Wolverine
-Doom
-Magneto
-Phoenix
-Vergil

; _____________________________________ ;

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Roster in it's current state shows a lot of diverse gameplay styles so I'm fine with that and it still looks like the game will be fun, so I'm definitely still in even if the demographics are not ideal (but we knew that would be the case, with MCU base and no X-Men/FF).

What's the word on Doom/Super-Skrull/Silver Surfer, though? Still likely the three for the first season pass?

officespace.gif

Dammit Capcom first sfv and now this? Stick with remasters that's all you done well this gen.

Arthur
Chris
Chun-Li
Dante
Firebrand
Jedah
Monster Hunter
Morrigan
Nemesis
Ryu
Spencer
Strider Hiryu
X

Ant-Man
Captain America
Captain Marvel
Doctor Strange
Gamora
Hawkeye
Hulk
Iron Man
Nova
Rocket/Groot (this is how the character was named to me; I’m not sure if it’s just Rocket Raccoon with Groot assists or a redesigned character actually called Rocket/Groot)
Spider-Man
Thanos
Thor
Ultron

The Capcom side is missing a character, but it’s probably someone like Frank West.
what a dumpster fire list.

opricnik

Banned
Will ant man look in size of human or small?

I guess his super move will be giant man . Will he turn to small while attacking ? Then like combine his moves small big thing?

Jawmuncher

That Capcom side is weak as fuck.

This is what absolutely destroys me. This is the main reason I come to these games.
That list is just so uninteresting. I'm really better off just playing UMVC3 still. More diversity on that capcom side, even when you look at the Vanilla list.

Roster in it's current state shows a lot of diverse gameplay styles so I'm fine with that and it still looks like the game will be fun, so I'm definitely still in even if the demographics are not ideal (but we knew that would be the case, with MCU base and no X-Men/FF).

What's the word on Doom/Super-Skrull/Silver Surfer, though? Still likely the three for the first season pass?

Don't expect any f4 or xmen until season 2

Arthur
Chris
Chun-Li
Dante
Firebrand
Jedah
Monster Hunter
Morrigan
Nemesis
Ryu
Spencer
Strider Hiryu
X

Ant-Man
Captain America
Captain Marvel
Doctor Strange
Gamora
Hawkeye
Hulk
Iron Man
Nova
Spider-Man
Thanos
Thor
Ultron

Yep, I'm out. Was going to go all out for the collector's edition, but nope, not worth it now. If anything, maybe it won't sell and I can pick it up anyway for cheap.

Strange timing as I just got an email from Marvel that I'll be getting a free pass to E3 (I got the offer as a Marvel Unlimited member, I entered thinking why the hell not). Do not sure how I'm supposed to feel right now.

Skab

I can understand the first part being weird...

But the second part? Who the fuck is Capcom making this game for if not for their customer base? Capcom sure as shit isn't making a game that Capcom and Marvel want to play... they have to make a game that most people would want to buy and play.

If the reaction we see in this thread is what most of other people feel then Capcom has failed in this product.

Perhaps poorly worded, but I meant that game companies do not have your best interests in mind, only theirs.

Zaverious

The fighting styles presented are fine. Nemesis being back is dope. I guess my main problem is that it's 28 characters. I expected a lot of veteran characters just not that few newcomers. If it was 32-36 cool but eh

Top Bottom