• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The DBFZ pushback is brilliant. You play DBFZ a few days before MvCi comes out, then you play MvCi and realize how shitty it is only to return the game.

The funny thing was that I almost put in Aya Brea from Parasyte Eve (or a villain from the series) on there but then I remembered it wasn't a Capcom game LMAO!

I am surprised that's not a meme on GAF yet. That game is such a blatant RE clone.
Parasite Eve is a turn-based RPG, isn't it?

JayEH

I would wage that it's going to be same for this gen too.

Even outside all of the games happening it's great to be seeing even all the developers working together too. I think it's the best time to be playing fighting games right now.

If you aren't a capcom fan.

Jawmuncher

I would wage that it's going to be same for this gen too.

Probably not from Capcom's Side of things.

We had

Street Fighter 4 (Plus 3 Updates to it)
Marvel vs Capcom 3 (With one Update)
Street Fighter X Tekken
Tatsunoko vs Capcom

Then a ton of ports of older games
MVC2
MVC1 & MSH
Jojo
Darkstalkers
SF3
SF2 Turbo
SF2 original
(Probably missing a few)

Compared to

SFV
SF2 Final Challengfers
MVC:I

I don't even think they've ported any fighters this gen yet (Outside the payed for SF4 exclusive on PS4). Hell they haven't even relisted MVC 1 and 2 despite claiming good relations with Marvel.

Parasite Eve is a turn-based RPG, isn't it?

PE1 is, yeah. PE2 isn't. That's the one comparable to RE.

hJJ7Wty.jpg

New Marvel Universe poster.

It's hard to believe that SFxTK had 32 characters created from scratch in addition to 20 or so SFIV ports.
The majority of the TK characters were pretty much SF headswaps.

Hell Marduk's body was compared to Gouken/Oni's (they share a body) and it was 1:1 the same.

J-Tier

There are far more interesting and deserving characters than Ant-Man and Ghost Rider...even in the "famed-MCU" they're hawking.

Ghost Rider isn't even in the MCU.

I think Maximoff and Romanova deserve to be in those slots before those two if we're going with the MCU-push nonsense.
Ant-Man shrinks, grows and controls ants. He's just as interesting and deserving. You just don't happen to like the character. However, he's one of my most wanted characters.

Remember earlier when I said I didn't like how Laura played in MvC3? Well I went back to give her a shot and it turns out I actually have a lot of fun with her. It's really fun and tricky to keep up with her really fast pace, and it's definitely worth it because she feels like she has such great synergy with Logan.

jill_pn03_01_thumb.jpg

My gut says this is one of our DLC characters.. only she will be named Black Widow this time, and have a few new moves.
Oh yeah, I remember when Capcom gave two completely different characters the exact same moveset.

JK no I don't.

Dahbomb

Black Widow is not going to be like Jill at all.

Jill is kinda super human in the way she is portrayed in Marvel 3.

I feel Black Widow if she is in the game will be more tech oriented. She would be like a faster RE character with grappling hooks, tasers, guns and CQC stuff. Not to most unique or interesting moveset but they can give her some new mechanic like she can alter the voltage of her shockers based on meter at hand.

DR2K

Banned
Remember earlier when I said I didn't like how Laura played in MvC3? Well I went back to give her a shot and it turns out I actually have a lot of fun with her. It's really fun and tricky to keep up with her really fast pace, and it's definitely worth it because she feels like she has such great synergy with Logan.

Oh yeah, I remember when Capcom gave two completely different characters the exact same moveset.

JK no I don't.

Capcom is trying to save the planet by reusing old materials.

I'd rather they base black widow off of MVC3 Jill and bring back MVC2 Jill.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
jill_pn03_01_thumb.jpg

My gut says this is one of our DLC characters.. only she will be named Black Widow this time, and have a few new moves.
I'm okay with this. MvC3 Jill was dope.

The discussions over the last few days have really made me miss MvC3. It's crazy to me how jam packed it was with characters that play nothing like each other, for better and for worse (i.e. characters not having proper OTG tools, being underpowered), but it's still wild to me that even that game had a strong backlash at the time for just not being MvC2.

Right now MvC:I feels like a weaker package to me than MvC3 despite having so much more feature-wise, but it really does all come down to the characters for most, and it's pretty cut and dry from the way people talk about it. Either x y and z are in and I buy it, or they're not and I don't. I don't think I've ever picked up a versus game and the characters I ended up playing are those that I gravitated towards first (except Iron Man).

EDIT: Also missing Bengus. I hope Bengus or Shinkiro or someone is drawing Arcade Mode endings at the very least.

bb0cda3131a9a587eea7121b66b70ce3--marvel-cyclops-marvel-heroes.jpg

I can understand not wanting Sam or Ultimate Spider-Woman, but what's wrong with the rest?
That's Anya, not Ultimate Spider-woman

-Don't care about Squirrel Girl but wouldn't outright hate it,
-don't care about Gwen and don't think she'd bring anything interesting,
+Karnak would be okay I suppose,
+Punisher is okay,
+Falcon I wouldn't be opposed to anymore,
-you know how I feel about Sam :p,
+Elektra is fine,
-Jessica is....ehh...maybe?,
+War Machine is great,
+Medusa maybe,
+Daredevil definitely,
-is that Kid Kaiju? I don't know who that is,
-Nick Fury would be bland in my opinion unless they did nutty things with LMDs or calling in SHIELD stuff,
+Anya...maybe? She's not really the Spider-girl/woman I like (Mayday, Jessica, Julia, Mattie) but eh, I don't know much about her powers currently
+Is that Gorgon or Hercules? Either one would be fine
+Vision I could see being fantastic
-Not too crazy about Drax, though I'd be open to it.
+Crystal, absolutely
+Cool with shehulk returning
-I've never cared about any of the Nuhumans
-Black Widow seems super bland to me
+I guess Star Lord would be okay if they went with his classic element guns
+Fine I suppose for black bolt
+cool with Iron Fist returning
+cool with Ant Man making it in
+Definitely Wasp
+I'm iffy on Luke Cage but I could see some cool things done with him.
+Miles....I'd 100% take Miguel O'Hara and a few other Spiders over every single non-Parker one in this image but...sure, fine I guess
+Only because I can't say no to Lockjaw :p

Anth0ny

I'm okay with this. MvC3 Jill was dope.

The discussions over the last few days have really made me miss MvC3. It's crazy to me how jam packed it was with characters that play nothing like each other, for better and for worse (i.e. characters not having proper OTG tools, being underpowered), but it's still wild to me that even that game had a strong backlash at the time for just not being MvC2.

Right now MvC:I feels like a weaker package to me than MvC3 despite having so much more feature-wise, but it really does all come down to the characters for most, and it's pretty cut and dry from the way people talk about it. Either x y and z are in and I buy it, or they're not and I don't. I don't think I've ever picked up a versus game and the characters I ended up playing are those that I gravitated towards first (except Iron Man).

EDIT: Also missing Bengus. I hope Bengus or Shinkiro or someone is drawing Arcade Mode endings at the very least.

bb0cda3131a9a587eea7121b66b70ce3--marvel-cyclops-marvel-heroes.jpg

The backlash for Marvel 3, what I could remember, was:

-damage output is so high, babby's first bread and butter combos do 50% /gimmedisgoddamnmic
-it has less characters than marvel 2, therefore FUCK THIS
-I'm born in the 90s and it doesn't have cyclops or venom, therefore FUCK THIS
-FUCK THIS X FACTOR SHIT
-FUCK THIS DARK PHOENIX SHIT WE NEED A PATCH

looking back it's actually hilarious just how spoiled we were. Marvel 3 is infinitely more polished than Marvel 2, the voice acting is god tier, the character choices were far more diverse and better at representing Capcom and Marvel's history than Marvel 2 (despite the number of characters being lower)... the game will be remembered as a masterpiece.

Marvel Infinite looks like it's not receiving anywhere CLOSE to the same love. There's an element of weirdness and pessimism surrounding this game's pre-launch cycle that just wasn't present with Marvel 3, even with those complaints I listed above.

who's the girl hero on far left that can stretch like Mr Fantastic??

(and who is the dame with the long red hair??)

Ms. Marvel and Black Widow, you can see the Widow symbol on her belt

Unless you mean the REALLY long hair, in that case that's the Queen of the Inhumans, Medusa

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Any chance of Venom being in MvCI? Venom would totally get me to buy MvCI

Neoxon

He's probably in the base roster, seeing as Season 1 is supposed to be all newbies.

who's the girl hero on far left that can stretch like Mr Fantastic??

(and who is the dame with the long red hair??)
Ms. Marvel & (assuming you mean the woman in purple) Medusa. If you're referring to the red-haired woman up front, that's Black Widow.

That's Anya, not Ultimate Spider-woman

-Don't care about Squirrel Girl but wouldn't outright hate it,
-don't care about Gwen and don't think she'd bring anything interesting,
+Karnak would be okay I suppose,
+Punisher is okay,
+Falcon I wouldn't be opposed to anymore,
-you know how I feel about Sam :p,
+Elektra is fine,
-Jessica is....ehh...maybe?,
+War Machine is great,
+Medusa maybe,
+Daredevil definitely,
-is that Kid Kaiju? I don't know who that is,
-Nick Fury would be bland in my opinion unless they did nutty things with LMDs or calling in SHIELD stuff,
+Anya...maybe? She's not really the Spider-girl/woman I like (Mayday, Jessica, Julia, Mattie) but eh, I don't know much about her powers currently
+Is that Gorgon or Hercules? Either one would be fine
+Vision I could see being fantastic
-Not too crazy about Drax, though I'd be open to it.
+Crystal, absolutely
+Cool with shehulk returning
-I've never cared about any of the Nuhumans
-Black Widow seems super bland to me
+I guess Star Lord would be okay if they went with his classic element guns
+Fine I suppose for black bolt
+cool with Iron Fist returning
+cool with Ant Man making it in
+Definitely Wasp
+I'm iffy on Luke Cage but I could see some cool things done with him.
+Miles....I'd 100% take Miguel O'Hara and a few other Spiders over every single non-Parker one in this image but...sure, fine I guess
+Only because I can't say no to Lockjaw :p
But Ms. Marvel's one of the actually interesting Nuhumans.

-damage output is so high, babby's first bread and butter combos do 50% /gimmedisgoddamnmic
-FUCK THIS X FACTOR SHIT

looking back it's actually hilarious just how spoiled we were. Marvel 3 is infinitely more polished than Marvel 2, the voice acting is god tier, the character choices were far more diverse and better at representing Capcom and Marvel's history than Marvel 2 (despite the number of characters being lower)... the game will be remembered as a masterpiece.

Marvel Infinite looks like it's not receiving anywhere CLOSE to the same love. There's an element of weirdness and pessimism surrounding this game's pre-launch cycle that just wasn't present with Marvel 3, even with those complaints I listed above.

I also remember the LMHS format getting alot of backlash, lots of bitching about Sentinel cr.H, and lots of bitching about no X.

When UMVC3 first released, everyone was convinced that Wesker was top tier, Phoenix was unplayable, Doom was the new Mags, Magneto was Storm-tier, and Vergil was mediocre because he was too meter reliant. Also we had years of underestimating Zero for having "no damage" and Morrigan was near the bottom of the tierlist until Chris G started bodying everyone in NY with her.

MVC3 was amazing and I prefer it to MVC2. With a few balance patches/updates, it would have been the best fighter this decade. It's been one hell of a ride.

I imagine we won't really have an idea of what "end-game" MVCI looks like until late 2018 at earliest.

-FUCK THIS X FACTOR SHIT

You also missed fuck TACs and fuck DHC glitch (though some people liked that). The former leading to inifnites and the later being removed in UMvC3. Also trash netcode and no spectator mode in Vanilla Marvel. Not to mention hype about an actual story and then we got no animated endings, basically nothing.

MvC2 online had GGPO at least right? (the rerelease on xbox live/psn)? Also Vanilla MVC3 netcode was unplayable and UMvC3 netcode was trash/passable. I actually will enjoy being able to play this marvel game online with rollback netcode...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom