• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forward

You are reaching. I'll give you the knee move, but the uppercut isn't even the same arm/posture.

Thanos counts as a 100% new character in my book. His gameplay is not at all similar to MSH or MvC2 Thanos, and I've spent a LOT of time with both.

It is so similar, the only way to not call it similar, would be to call it identical. Which, given the position of the not-attacking hand, is not the case. But dammit if the posture of the attacking arm is not a close approximation. It is very clearly based on his Marvel Super Heroes sprite. As are the other two [posted attacks]. The emperor ain't naked, but he damned sure ain't wearing all new threads.

On the Marvel side Gambit, Cyclops, Cable and Psylocke are the standouts, which would all be great choices if they weren't... uh... literally banned from being in the game. I imagine if/when the mutant ban is lifted they'd probably want to prioritize all the X-Men characters from 3 first, which I think will probably end up meaning that they don't ever end up in the game. :[
The problem with Psylocke and Gambit is that they're 90s nostalgia characters that effectively don't exist today. Ignoring the ban, Marvel would much rather push newer X-Men faces like Laura and Neo-Jean than old, mostly irrelevant ones like Gambit or Psylocke.

Wolverine, Storm, Mags, Cyclops, and Deadpool are the only mutants that have much a chance of returning, and even then, all but the former and the latter are practically guaranteed to get visual redesigns.

Keits

Developer
It is so similar, the only way to not call it similar, would be to call it identical. Which, given the position of the not-attacking hand, is not the case. But dammit if the posture of the attacking arm is not a close approximation. It is very clearly based on his Marvel Super Heroes sprite. As are the other two [posted attacks]. The emperor ain't naked, but he damned sure ain't wearing all new threads.

I'll give you the knee and jumping hk for sure. The uppercut isn't at all the same. Its a front hand attack with a completely different arc and body movement.

Forward

I'll give you the knee and jumping hk for sure. The uppercut isn't at all the same. Its a front hand attack with a completely different arc and body movement.

It really, really just looks like the 2D sprite turned around in 3D, albeit slighty more rigid. That's the impression I get from it, anyway.

I have to see it in motion, I guess.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
He's also got the ground stomp. I think a couple of his crouching normals are the same.

I agree he's all new. Capcom tends to keep old animations of legacy characters as homage, imo. Makes a lot of sense with the team behind it.

yeah, I really like it how they would bring some old moves and upgrade it with better animations as you see with uppercut and crouch kick attack.

Sayad

It really, really just looks like the 2D sprite turned around in 3D, albeit slighty more rigid. That's the impression I get from it, anyway.

Nah the posture is very different:

MvC2: Left hand upper cut, left leg to the back(on it's toes) and right leg for balance
MvCI: Left hand upper cut, left leg for balance, right leg to the back(whole foot on the ground)

Seyavesh

yall are gonna see a lot of that thanos j.HK anyways. idk if that normal in marvel 2 was good but uh,
if people thought dolphin kick was bad i cant wait to see how folks react to that thing

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Exactly, they are going to make a huge leap from sprites to 3D so they are going to take their opportunity to update the animations but yet make it similar.

Nah the posture is very different:

MvC2: Left hand upper cut, left leg to the back(on it's toes) and right leg for balance
MvCI: Left hand upper cut, left leg for balance, right leg to the back(whole foot on the ground)

Nitpicky at finest because it's essentially same uppercut with better animation. I don't see anything wrong with Capcom upgrading the animation for old moves.

Keits

Developer

one of them is right arm attacking, left leg forward with a big twist in the torso. The other is left arm attack, left leg forward with no twist in the torso.

Nitpicky at finest because it's essentially same uppercut with better animation.

You are basically saying that these two are the same animation. Please stop :(

ep7r3OH.png

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
In case you didn't know, Spider-man has the Negative Zone as an alternate color. I really like that look so I'm happy.

That one image has been updated a bit, you can see it here. Some things still look iffy, inspiration-wise, though.

Man, Negative Zone alt looks freakily awesome. I wonder which alt colors from UMVC3 would come back in this game?

85LZDLX.jpg

Out of all colors, I think Iron-Spider have better shot.

You are basically saying that these two are the same animation. Please stop :(

ep7r3OH.png

I can't believe that you actually went there. Mainly I haven't really compare Thanos' uppercut to anyone else. XD

Thanos is a legacy character from old versus games so I have a feeling that some developers want to keep some of his old moveset intact and get rid of all (or most) moves that were powered by infinity gems (or stones). That's why he ended up getting new moves. I'm pretty satisfied with his revamped moveset since he look like a titan that can wreck thing pretty well. Anyway my point is he already have it in old game so it's more likely to be same move with brand new animation. It looks way better in MVCI tho.

Future Foundation, I'd say has zero chance to return since its a Fantastic 4 property, technically

Not sure about Big Time

Symbiote/Black Suit should return, maybe as an alt itself? I don't know.

Iron Spider will likely be its own alternate costume

New Spider-armor will likely not return

Herald is absolutely not returning.

Scarlet Spider might return as an alt.

Some I want to see are:

-Spider-Gwen over Spider-Man (Mask off or optional pls)
-Not sure if possible due to hitboxes, but a Symbiote Spider-man over Venom
-Obligatory Ms. Marvel over Captain Marvel
-Classic Gamora with the hood
-SFV Battle Outfit Chun-Li (Oddly enough I feel as if this will be her Premium in MvCI)
-Streetwise Haggar
-Dominatrix Morrigan (from her VSav winpose)
-SFV Prototype Ryu
-Reboot Strider
-Midnight Bliss Jedah
-Female Kirin Armor MonHun (assuming he/she isn't already wearing such)
-Superior Spider-man over Doc Ock (if he's DLC)

Edit: Added pics for all of them. Damn, that's a lot of work.
Shameless plug since we're talking about costumes again.

I'll miss FF Spidey :(
The problem with Psylocke and Gambit is that they're 90s nostalgia characters that effectively don't exist today. Ignoring the ban, Marvel would much rather push newer X-Men faces like Laura and Neo-Jean than old, mostly irrelevant ones like Gambit or Psylocke.

Wolverine, Storm, Mags, Cyclops, and Deadpool are the only mutants that have much a chance of returning, and even then, all but the former and the latter are practically guaranteed to get visual redesigns.
if only D:

Neoxon

Shameless plug since we're talking about costumes again.
I'm not sure if Marvel would go for that Gamora costume. Maybe her MCU (or GotG cartoon) outfit or Black Vortex Gamora would work. As for the likes of Spider-Gwen or Sam Alexander, I hope that they get alternate voices for those two if they happen (they're voiced by Laura Bailey & Logan Miller respectively in the recent cartoons).

On the Marvel side Gambit, Cyclops, Cable and Psylocke are the standouts, which would all be great choices if they weren't... uh... literally banned from being in the game. I imagine if/when the mutant ban is lifted they'd probably want to prioritize all the X-Men characters from 3 first, which I think will probably end up meaning that they don't ever end up in the game. :[

On the bright side, how much longer can Perlmutter possibly live?

Maybe the X-Men will be back when Marvel is ready to do an actual Marvel vs Capcom game a little while after he is gone.

Neoxon

On the bright side, how much longer can Perlmutter possibly live?

Maybe the X-Men will be back when Marvel is ready to do an actual Marvel vs Capcom game a little while after he is gone.
The X-Men are probably gonna be DLC going by the other rumors, so it won't be a long wait.

tribal24

Banned
i wonder if miles morales makes it in will he just be a alt costume or a actual new character. i want him to be a completely different character.maybe we can get majority of the spider family!

i wonder if miles morales makes it in will he just be a alt costume or a actual new character. i want him to be a completely different character.maybe we can get majority of the spider family!

Which ones? There are over a dozen major spider characters, not taking into account the less important ones

I'd say the order should be about...
1. Peter Parker, obviously
2. Miguel O'Hara
3. Jessica Drew (I don't really consider her a Spider character though)
4. Ben Reilly
5. Kaine
6. Miles Morales
7. Mayday Parker (call me bias, but she did have the longest running female solo series of all time coming out of a "WHAT IF" series)
8. Anya Corazon
9. Gwen Stacy
10. Julia Carpenter
11. Cindy Moon
12. Spider-man Noir
13. Spider-ham

and I have to stop there before I go too far. The first 7 I'm confident about their positions.

Personally I'd put Julia and Noir over some of the others, but they're not that important sadly.

Neoxon

Miles Morales was supposed to be his own character in UMvC3, so it's entirely possible that he could get in MvCI as DLC later down the road.

So...the game comes out next month no? Where is the hype? There is absolutely zero hype for this game on social media or on the net. Not looking good so far I tell you that..Even SFV had more hype than this.

Giga Man

Are the Deluxe Edition pre-order costumes actually exclusive pre-order items, meaning you won't ever be able to obtain them as purchasable DLC?

I'm gonna be really mad if I can never get Command Mission X.

JayEH

Are the Deluxe Edition pre-order costumes actually exclusive pre-order items, meaning you won't ever be able to obtain them as purchasable DLC?

I'm sure you can buy them later.

So...the game comes out next month no? Where is the hype? There is absolutely zero hype for this game on social media or on the net. Not looking good so far I tell you that..Even SFV had more hype than this.

They should be having weekly streams at this point.

Trace

Banned

I would assume they won't be pre-order exclusive, they'll just exclusive to the deluxe edition. Meaning you can buy the deluxe edition after launch and get them, but they won't be sold standalone.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
There really wasn't anything bad in the video...

Outside of understanding how low-key the budget is for a lot of CPT stuff. Really, most of the money goes into that prize pool.

Pompadour

Damn, so it cost $300,000 to fund production of the CPT DLC pack? I know that's the estimates for an equivalent for Marvel but I'm assuming they're using SFV's CPT packages as a baseline. That video gives quite a bit of perspective how much things cost when developing fighting games.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Damn, so it cost $300,000 to fund production of the CPT DLC pack? I know that's the estimates for an equivalent for Marvel but I'm assuming they're using SFV's CPT packages as a baseline. That video gives quite a bit of perspective how much things cost when developing fighting games.

but but mah lazyness

Sesha

Didn't a single character in SF4 cost like $1.5-2m to develop?

Dante83

Banned
I will be honest. If Capcom has been spending too much on E-sports and this capcom pro tour/capcom cup tourneys. Part of me feels that they are listening when it comes to feedback and have made great strides in being more open, another part of me feels that they could have saved up the money as well as the money from sony funding to make a better game with more content at launch, and they don't have to charge $$$ for extra DLC content that they have actually developed alongside the game. I think capcom is way too invested in this pro tour thing that they forget about making a feature-packed game and catering to all types of gamers. They learnt a hard lesson with the SFV launch, but they are still finding ways to go back to their old methods. I don't know how MvCI would be at launch in terms of content, but the fact that they announced DLC characters LONG before the game's launch is what makes me feel that they are back to their old tricks despite acknowledging their mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom