• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic_Viper

Probably a stupid question, but... Any hope for Defenders members?

This is the biggest missed opportunity imo. Yeah the X-Men are missed, but the Defenders would have been perfect for this game, especially with the Netflix series and Comic out. Atleast Iron Fist and Daredevil would have been awesome to play with, leave the other 2 Defenders as Story characters. How do they not have Iron Fist in this fighting game though lol, he fits perfectly and was playable in UMvC3 right?

Was Nova known to be in this before the new trailer? Hope he is playable!

BadWolf

This is the biggest missed opportunity imo. Yeah the X-Men are missed, but the Defenders would have been perfect for this game, especially with the Netflix series and Comic out. Atleast Iron Fist and Daredevil would have been awesome to play with, leave the other 2 Defenders as Story characters. How do they not have Iron Fist in this fighting game though lol, he fits perfectly and was playable in UMvC3 right?

Nova was revealed way back, there is plenty of gameplay footage of him on YT.

Zero-ELEC

Banned

He is known. He's in the OP.

zZxxJgx.png

This is the roster.

30 characters, only 6 of which are newcomers (yes Thanos counts).

Fuck that shit.

Like I said, the only reason I'm still on this train is because my ticket was half off.

I do have to say, tho, they definitely fixed Chun's face here. And this trailer seemed like it had the production value of an actual MCU trailer. The ensemble battle against the Symbiote monster looks crazy fun.

This game is a fucking roller coaster.

Keits

Developer
I think its super disingenuous to not call MvCi Thanos a new character.

Trailer was cool. Still waiting to see more actual matches between internal capcom players who know what they are doing.

Also, still no new info on the netcode.

JayEH

Everything about that new trailer looked better than what we've seen before. Better faces, lip-syncing, humor, action and just better editing overall.

Lol at the roster. Fuck you marvel. Fuck you capcom.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Most importantly, we know the featureset now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SWnncuYXCE

Some more details here:
Offline Modes and Features:

Story – puts players at the center of a fierce battle as heroes from both universes come together to stop Ultron Sigma, the combined form of two robotic villains.
Arcade – recreates the classic arcade experience. Keep winning to move forward and confront the final boss in an epic showdown of skills.
Mission – players can do various tutorial missions, or try their hand at advanced character-specific challenges.
Training – set up a training area with various parameters and hone skills to improve fighting abilities.
Vs. Player 2 – go head-to-head against another player locally.
Vs. CPU – play solo against an AI-controlled opponent.
Collection – the Dr. Light Database contains numerous unlockable items, including cut scenes from the story mode, character/stage information, concept artwork and character/stage audio tracks.

Online Modes and Features:

Ranked Match – battle other players online to advance in the rankings.
Casual Match – battle other players online without the results affecting the rankings.
Beginners League – a special league fought between players of Rank 14 or lower.
Lobby – search for or create a lobby where up to 8 players can engage in simultaneous player-vs-player matches.
Rankings – view the rankings of players from all over the world.
Replay Settings – configure replay settings and view replays.

- Standard stuff is all there.
- Beginner's League is a cool idea (although I feel like matchmaking systems should be able to handle this intrinsically).
- Lobby mode can handle simultaneous matches which is great and I'm happy this is becoming the new standard.
- Replay functionality is neat, wasn't sure we'd get them from them switching away from CFN
- Collection Mode sounds like it will have nothing of significance, basically just every other gallery mode, which is super disappointing

Quesa

Most importantly, we know the featureset now:

- Standard stuff is all there.
- Beginner's League is a cool idea (although I feel like matchmaking systems should be able to handle this intrinsically).
- Lobby mode can handle simultaneous matches which is great and I'm happy this is becoming the new standard.
- Replay functionality is neat, wasn't sure we'd get them from them switching away from CFN
- Collection Mode sounds like it will have nothing of significance, basically just every other gallery mode, which is super disappointing
Collection mode has voice samples too, FWIW.

Neonep

What Capcom needs to do now is go hard. Their should be streams and other things to keep the game in the news cycle. It comes out in 4 weeks. Hopefully we get them to actually talk about the game extensively at Gamescom next week and not just have the game playable.

sinkfla87

I think its super disingenuous to not call MvCi Thanos a new character.

Trailer was cool. Still waiting to see more actual matches between internal capcom players who know what they are doing.

Also, still no new info on the netcode.

The Netcode is going to be a massive deal breaker for me if it's shit.

JayEH

"I hate MVCI and I have no interest in playing it, but I showed up asap to hate on the video."

Lmao these comments.

Jawmuncher

Nice to see the face changed and the story mode is the best yet.

Roster being ass and only 30 can go get fucked though. Monster Hunter and Venom as DLC was my big nono. I can wait.

What Capcom needs to do now is go hard. Their should be streams and other things to keep the game in the news cycle. It comes out in 4 weeks. Hopefully we get them to actually talk about the game extensively at Gamescom next week and not just have the game playable.

We need character trailers, GOOD art released and good fanart highlighted, at least one special invitational tourney on a big streamer, an online beta, and promises of hidden surprises, ASAP.

Just those will draw people in.

Hire me Capcom

sinkfla87

Expect it to be. Or at least at a level comparable to SFV.

Yeah that's what I've been expecting pretty much and SFV netcode is not something I want to experience again so I don't know anymore... I mean the game does look fun and I want to play it. We pretty much knew the roster we were getting and I'm still disappointed haha. Max even called it and was right. :(

Jawmuncher

So that means we're just missing one capcom character. Which is either Grand master meio (Though they said he was an NPC) or someone else that probably doesn't even show up in the story.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
We don't even have confirmation of Venom DLC. He might be story mode NPC.
Yeah. Assumptions and expectations need to be kept in check.

Maybe you only see Venom briefly before he's turned into SymbioteHuge or whatever happens.

Maybe he's just a flashback.

Maybe "Venom" is just the name of the symbiote itself before it gets manipulated by MODOK.

Maybe "Venom" is just the designation given to when Haggar and Spider-Man fuse in order to take on SymbiotHuge.

sinkfla87

Yeah. Assumptions and expectations need to be kept in check.

Maybe you only see Venom briefly before he's turned into SymbioteHuge or whatever happens.

Maybe he's just a flashback.

Maybe "Venom" is just the name of the symbiote itself before it gets manipulated by MODOK.

Maybe "Venom" is just the designation given to when Haggar and Spider-Man fuse in order to take on SymbiotHuge.

Oh fuck, I can totally see Capcom doing something dumb like this hahaha.

Simultaneous matches? Aren't Skullgirls and GG the only games with this feature?

The newest KOF has it, too.

Jawmuncher

Since we know the starting roster. Looks like it's time to drag capcom and marvel about this base roster and it's lack of diversity.

Lulubop

I can't fuck this game, I'll watch it but that roster size and old characters I can't. All the new guys being paid doc, no thanks. Terrible. I'm salty.

DrArchon

Since we know the starting roster. Looks like it's time to drag capcom and marvel about this base roster and it's lack of diversity.

Seriously.

Too bad plenty of FGC people are still out there shouting "Shoot it into my veins!" And even the ones that are complaining are still going to buy it because it's the new Capcom fighting game.

The Capcom side of the FGC is honestly pretty pathetic with how much shit they willingly put up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom