• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMephistoX

Yea, he's been the biggest omission since forever.

Agreed doesn't give me much confidence for MODOK making it back in since background characters don't seem to be a priority. Hopefully they have a robust partnership DLC program in place: A Defenders pack would be awesome.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
We're complaining about the arcade mode having the standard number of arcade mode fights now.

I rest my case about dogpiling and people finding increasingly bullshit things to complain about.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Never caught that, but thanks for reiterating it for me haha. I could definitely see why that's valuable!

Sorry if I seemed a little abrasive, it's just this discussion happens every time someone brings Arcade Mode up in relations to a certain game *cough*SFV*cough* and the usual suspects love to imply people are using arcade mode as an excuse to rag on Campcom.

I mean, some people are, but there's also legit reasons!

We're complaining about the arcade mode having the standard number of arcade mode fights now.

I rest my case about dogpiling and people finding increasingly bullshit things to complain about.

Hey, to be fair, it's one person that didn't remember what the standard number was! Don't lump us in!

I object! I object!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

And you just opened your case for people to call you a capcom shill :kappa:

I will be honest, I rather see the series die than see this game succeed like this.

I bet you wouldn't say same thing for Dragon Ball GT? :p

SaikyoBro

I voted Phoenix Wright and Shuma-Gorath.

I almost voted Magneto but I don't feel good voting for X-Men/F4 until we have evidence they'd ever even be in consideration. I think not knowing is going to skew the results of a lot of these polls in more ways than one.

Neoxon

I voted Phoenix Wright and Shuma-Gorath.

I almost voted Magneto but I don't feel good voting for X-Men/F4 until we have evidence they'd ever even be in consideration. I think not knowing is going to skew the results of a lot of these polls in more ways than one.
Aren't they already leaked to be a "done deal" for DLC? Plus the X-Men part of the ban ended last October.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Aren't they already leaked to be a "done deal" for DLC? Plus the X-Men part of the ban ended last October.

Yup, I don't really get it when people vote for Wolverine and Doom since there are "leaks" about them potentially being in the game via DLC.

Bare bones is a bit of an exaggeration...

Well, he often shitposts here tho or being over-hyperbole. Once in awhile when the sun actually shine, he actually have some legit complaints tho. No offense, D2K

Maybe not barebones, but it seems anything but "content rich" from what we know so far.

Mission Mode has 10 missions like the previous game. Arcade Mode has no endings. Story Mode. Collection Mode lets you listen to sound clips and view art. I think that's it.

SaikyoBro

I mean yeah, they might as well be, but I'm still waiting on any kind of real confirmation before I get my hopes up. I'd be surprised if it doesn't happen within the game's lifetime but with so many other Marvel characters missing (Ant-Man, Daredevil, Black Widow, Punisher, Vision, Loki, etc.) I wouldn't be shocked if we don't see them before 2019. I don't want to say "my most wanted Marvel character is Wolverine/Magneto/Storm/Deadpool!" if there's a chance it's not even possible to see them in the next year. I'd rather give vocal support to characters that are definitely on the table at any given time, I'm sure Capcom will bring in the important Fox characters as soon as they're allowed to.

JayEH

Maybe not barebones, but it seems anything but "content rich" from what we know so far.

Mission Mode has 10 missions like the previous game. Arcade Mode has no endings. Story Mode. Collection Mode lets you listen to sound clips and view art. I think that's it.

Outside of no endings this is a good package on paper.

Neoxon

Didn't Capcom also mention tutorials within Mission Mode?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

apprently multiplayer doesnt exist in fighting games anymore, what a weird time we live in.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
They mentioned "various tutorial missions", but if it's anything like SFV's "tutorial"...

Did I remember it correctly that they said something about mission mode (or tutorial) would teach new players about team synergy? So I guess that's something. I felt that MVC3 actually lacked team synergy lessons since I have seen many new players not understand how to use their teams correctly and I always felt bad when I demolished them pretty bad even I held back.

I just remember that they added beginners lounge so I don't have to worry about that anymore.

apprently multiplayer doesnt exist in fighting games anymore, what a weird time we live in.

I'm talking about single-player content. The thing they've constantly alluded to throughout various interviews.

Didn't Capcom also mention tutorials within Mission Mode?

I don't recall. I remember Evans saying the cinematic story will serve as a "tutorial" to help players get accustomed to the system.

The Game Informer review said Mission Mode had 10 missions like MVC3.

then say "single player content", dont just say content.

If I'm specifically talking about modes restricted to one person, then it shouldn't need anymore clarification. You've seen me mention modes that aren't pertaining to 2 players constantly.

Multiplayer goes without saying. Capcom doesn't get cool points for including it. Seriously.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Story – puts players at the center of a fierce battle as heroes from both universes come together to stop Ultron Sigma, the combined form of two robotic villains.

Arcade – recreates the classic arcade experience. Keep winning to move forward and confront the final boss in an epic showdown of skills.

Mission – players can do various tutorial missions, or try their hand at advanced character-specific challenges.

Training – set up a training area with various parameters and hone skills to improve fighting abilities.

Vs. Player 2 – go head-to-head against another player locally.

Vs. CPU – play solo against an AI-controlled opponent.

Collection – the Dr. Light Database contains numerous unlockable items, including cut scenes from the story mode, character/stage information, concept artwork and character/stage audio tracks.

Online Modes and Features:

Ranked Match – battle other players online to advance in the rankings.

Casual Match – battle other players online without the results affecting the rankings.

Beginners League – a special league fought between players of Rank 14 or lower.

Lobby – search for or create a lobby where up to 8 players can engage in simultaneous player-vs-player matches.

Rankings – view the rankings of players from all over the world.

Replay Settings – configure replay settings and view replays.

I'm talking about single-player content. The thing they've constantly alluded to throughout various interviews.

then say "single player content", dont just say content.

Jawmuncher

Casuals - Medium players don't really play online. I know I don't. Only time I play MP is locally really. So it's not much of a selling point to me oddly enough.

SaikyoBro

I understand there being no endings and I'm not losing any sleep over it (the budget for that went to story mode this time around) but I feel bad for the people that wanted them.

It's pretty hard to look at SF/MvC the same way after the last 2 MK/Injustice games. I vastly prefer SF's characters and lore to MK's and I think Marvel and its character designs are way more interesting than DC's (and I really, really think Capcom's series have much better gameplay). But when one series is knocking it out of the park in terms of visuals and content and the other is coming forward looking like a budget title it's not like I can complain or be confused about why NRS is so much more successful. Last gen was the big fighting game renaissance that SF4 pioneered so it was easier to be more lenient with some of this stuff, but in 2017 the bar has been set much higher.

I guess Capcom just legitimately doesn't have the money to make games on that level of quality at the moment. Hopefully that changes by their next fighter, I'm really tired of seeing them getting their asses stomped like this.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
It would be awesome if they actually include party mode for MVCI too. 4 players would battle it out within 2 vs 2 mode.

Also I have another idea for local mode where people could pick two infinity modes for their battles, and it would rotate every time people use it, like they did Sigma Ultron in MVCI Story Demo.

MrCarter

Dude, come on. You're everywhere online so you have to be aware of all the garbage Larry "Logan Sama" Sanders spews on the internet. He calls people 'autists' and says shit like 'anime players swallow their own semen'. Fuck that guy and fuck Capcom UK for keeping his ass around.

I don't think Logan is as bad as he portrays to be. A lot of it is very crude humour (although some of it is harsh) but most of the time he seems like a genuine bloke who's done a lot for the competitive scene in the U.K. and knows his stuff when it comes to SF. In future, if there's anything that he can improve on, it's to learn how to regulate what he says to trolls on social media.

Rhaknar

Casuals - Medium players don't really play online. I know I don't. Only time I play MP is locally really. So it's not much of a selling point to me oddly enough.

you do realise you can play online with friends right? not just with randoms.

Fighting games are at their best when you play against ppl of similar skill, I understand relunctancy to go online against randoms that might be better than you, so just play with people you know? Thats what I do with fighting games, I barely touched ranked in SF4 or 5.

It would be awesome if they actually include party mode for MVCI too. 4 players would battle it out within 2 vs 2 mode.

Also I have another idea for local mode where people could pick two infinity modes for their battles, and it would rotate every time people use it, like they did Sigma Ultron in MVCI Story Demo.
That'd be fun to play with my wife and kids.

I guess Capcom just legitimately doesn't have the money to make games on that level of quality at the moment. Hopefully that changes by their next fighter, I'm really tired of seeing them getting their asses stomped like this.

I think the more pressing issue is that Capcom has been having to rush their games out to meet some arbitrary deadline. Both SFV and this game are suffering for it. If they could have more time to develop things, they could deliver a quality product easily.

Well, maybe not easily. But I think they could do it.

I understand there being no endings and I'm not losing any sleep over it (the budget for that went to story mode this time around) but I feel bad for the people that wanted them.

It's pretty hard to look at SF/MvC the same way after the last 2 MK/Injustice games. I vastly prefer SF's characters and lore to MK's and I think Marvel and its character designs are way more interesting than DC's (and I really, really think Capcom's series have much better gameplay). But when one series is knocking it out of the park in terms of visuals and content and the other is coming forward looking like a budget title it's not like I can complain or be confused about why NRS is so much more successful. Last gen was the big fighting game renaissance that SF4 pioneered so it was easier to be more lenient with some of this stuff, but in 2017 the bar has been set much higher.

Same here. I'm not a fan of MK/Injustice, but I appreciate what they've done with their games.

JayEH

I hope the training mode music is as hype as SFV and Marvel 3. Unless that got hit with the """"cinematic"""" hammer too.

Jawmuncher

you do realise you can play online with friends right? not just with randoms.

Fighting games are at their best when you play against ppl of similar skill, I understand relunctancy to go online against randoms that might be better than you, so just play with people you know? Thats what I do with fighting games, I barely touched ranked in SF4 or 5.

My friends died with the dinosaurs

SaikyoBro

I hope the training mode music is as hype as SFV and Marvel 3. Unless that got hit with the """"cinematic"""" hammer too.

Are there stage themes for sure? It's entirely possible they only have character themes.

This is so sad, everything I take for granted being in every other game I have to worry about being here.

Rhaknar

My friends died with the dinosaurs

then buy it on PC for peanuts and play with me instead of ps4 lol

Are there stage themes for sure? It's entirely possible they only have character themes.

This is so sad, everything I take for granted being in every other game I have to worry about being here.

dont we only hear character themes during the gem storms, and the rest of the time its stage themes?

It's assumed because Xgard has a stage theme.

That could just be a story thing, though.

dont we only hear character themes during the gem storms, and the rest of the time its stage themes?

We hear the character theme from 2P until someone uses the Infinity Storm. Then it either changes or remains as is.

JayEH

good point. probably only character themes. I'll have to find a good capcom character theme and always make them p2.

SaikyoBro

Nah, I believe they always play P2's theme and switch to whichever character activates an infinity storm (I preferred them switching on incomings like in 3 but whatever I guess).

Rhaknar

anyone happen to have that video of killerkai (I think?) doing combos on the story demo of all things? I cant find it on youtube for the life of me.

how the fuck did you find it so fast, or did you bookmark it?

thats some impressive youtube-fu if it wasnt bookmarked, I spent all fucking night at work last night looking for it >_<

That would've been perfect for this game. I like what DBFZ did with its individual 3v3 online, so seeing something like that here would've been cool. Oh, well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom