• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
It's a new tag team (2v2) crossover fighting game by Arcsys that features 4 universes:

Blazblue
UNIEL
Persona
RWBY

I don't know anything about RWBY but man that trailer was pretty hype. I'm looking forward to see what kind of the roster they are going to start with.

what
Yu looking like he's straight out of P4Arena too. The Recycle Mahvel.

I don't think there is any problem with that since it would save them some time to able to work on the newcomers. I welcome the roster with good numbers if they find it necessary to take a shortcut.

Zaverious

I don't know anything about RWBY but man that trailer was pretty hype. I'm looking forward to see what kind of the roster they are going to start with.

I don't think there is any problem with that since it would save them some time to able to work on the newcomers. I welcome the roster with good numbers if they find it necessary to take a shortcut.

I don't have any faults with it, I just didn't expect it is all. Game looks good.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Just when you some of people got excited thinking that my girl MORRIGAN lost her soulfist spam...think again.

take this haters SOUL FIST, SOUL FIST
.LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZrdvggzMJQ

MVCI: Morrigan's Bullet Hell Returns?!?!?

The nice thing is that restricting such a thing to a Stone, rather than single character, is that it gives the chance for a lot of characters to do things like this.

I really like how the Stone system is being well-used to bring DAT MAHVEL feeling to a larger portion of the cast. Just from this example, we should basically have Rekka-style mixups from non-project characters with multiple ground specials, SouSouSou from an army of projectile characters, and some disgusting things with beam users that'll look like boss battles in bullet-hell games.

McNum

I kind of want to see X use Boomerang Cutter in a Time Storm. The sheer amount of projectiles he'd be able to get on screen is going to be crazy.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The nice thing is that restricting such a thing to a Stone, rather than single character, is that it gives the chance for a lot of characters to do things like this.

I really like how the Stone system is being well-used to bring DAT MAHVEL feeling to a larger portion of the cast. Just from this example, we should basically have Rekka-style mixups from non-project characters with multiple ground specials, SouSouSou from an army of projectile characters, and some disgusting things with beam users that'll look like boss battles in bullet-hell games.
Yup, the stone system is a really well-measured response to X-Factor criticism, piecing out different bonuses and making people choose between them while still contributing to the team building aspect that is central to MvC. Reminds me in some ways of how the Focus Attack was designed around the downsides of the parry system in 3S.

I want some Gamora Gifs

She actually looks a lot better than I was expecting. Didn't care for her at all, but she looks fun.

Also:

giphy.gif

Love her wall jump.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
She actually looks a lot better than I was expecting. Didn't care for her at all, but she looks fun.

Also:

Love her wall jump.
Looks like some sort of jump or bold cancelling-esque thing she can do? (second GIF)

Hawkeye/Gamora is going to make for a neat harassment team.

Dahbomb

A lot of characters are capable of stuff like that including Zero. Even Chun Li can create a mini bullet hell, Time Storm is just good like that.

That's probably why chip is low in the game and we have stuff like perfect advance guard.

SnakeEyez

Combo must've not had much play time with Gammy compared to others, he was dropping combos left and right. Very bad showcase but I think her potential is good. Should've had a character trailer after the exhibition, ffs.

Lulubop

Combo must've not had much play time with Gammy compared to others, he was dropping combos left and right. Very bad showcase but I think her potential is good. Should've had a character trailer after the exhibition, ffs.

either let the supers hit or cut a trailers, I wanna see all of it. Bad showing.

The only thing keeping him out is Marvel. Oops I mean, no one probably heard of this Deadpool.

Who the heck is this Deadpool guy and why are you guys talking about the X Mans you mean that Inhuman knock off Fox has? Jedah made me pre order he looks awesome.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Yup, the stone system is a really well-measured response to X-Factor criticism, piecing out different bonuses and making people choose between them while still contributing to the team building aspect that is central to MvC. Reminds me in some ways of how the Focus Attack was designed around the downsides of the parry system in 3S.
I don't even think of it as an answer to Xfactor, as much as an answer to "My character is missing tools, and Capcom never gives it to them, after multiple revisions", but good point. I just love how even the basic stone use will allow a projectile to be slotted onto a grappler, or bonus air movement to help a character with crappy natural movement options. I don't have to learn a character I dislike to give my character a solid OTG option, or to stop ranged assist pressure, I can just add it to the characters I already love playing.

It's a nice mutation, and it's one of the few things in this game that proves Capcom listens and responds sometimes. Should be quite fun to lab up with.

Yeah, I never understand why players jump away from the Hype-building hypers and stuff in these kind of demonstrations. LET JEDAH LAND HIS BLOOD SIGNATURE FCHAMP! We won't think any less of you from getting hit by it, lol. I'm here to see the awesome character intro, not be reaffirmed that you're a good fighting game player.

You know, with the introduction of the world's strongest weeaboo in Tekken 7 as DLC, I just realized that Capcom dropped the ball by not having Sodom in this game and revealing him along with Gamora.

Really makes you think.

When Seth Killian demo'd MvC3, his stuff often didn't work because the build he was demoing was not the current version of the game, and since fighting games in development are often changing things on a daily basis, he couldn't keep track of what worked in that version and what didn't. I would suspect something similar here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom