• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

That infinity storm sounds useless if infinity storms still give you a free level 3.
Unless it's unlimited meter in the storm and you get to keep 4 bars out of it.

Or maybe it's exclusively for when they add Dark Phoenix
I don't know what having a free LVL3 has to do with anything.

You can burn all the meter you have right now, turn on Infinity Storm with Mind gem, then burn 4 meters and then burn a LVL3. The burst damage that you can do would most likely wipe out one character.

People thought chip was hella toned down in this game and they are right but now we are seeing stuff like Time and this gem where the chip set ups would wipe out a whole character if they were in Marvel 3.

We also don't know of any other properties of the Storm. Maybe your meter gain is accelerated during the Storm as well.

Skilletor

I don't know what having a free LVL3 has to do with anything.

You can burn all the meter you have right now, turn on Infinity Storm with Mind gem, then burn 4 meters and then burn a LVL3. The burst damage that you can do would most likely wipe out one character.

People thought chip was hella toned down in this game and they are right but now we are seeing stuff like Time and this gem where the chip set ups would wipe out a whole character if they were in Marvel 3.

We also don't know of any other properties of the Storm. Maybe your meter gain is accelerated during the Storm as well.

Combofiend also said that getting a level 3 during the storm wasn't final.

Ryce

Your source is working on trailers. He's either an editor or just a cutter.

How do I know? He saw the Gamora bit where she activated the stone surge, but didn't notice that Gamora's custom combo super had a unique super flash before she started. He assumed that the Mind Storm was her custom combo, but what he saw wasn't far enough completed that the part when the actual Storm flash comes up didn't make clear what it did exactly.

TLDR: Your source's mistake makes his exact position clear and kills his anonymity. Tell him to stop assuming shit and stay on the low for now.
I can safely say that my source has nothing to do with making the trailers.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Damn I need this game NOW. New stage looks dope.

Changes to Spiderman, Frank looks interesting. Gamora looks dope.

Look forward to more info tomorrow?

Lulubop

Gamora looks absolutely fithy in a good way.

Mayor Mike Haggar has like wind trail effects on his special moves. Looks cool.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I hope Haggar has some new shit

I wonder why we didn't even see more with Haggar's stuffs in the video? From what we saw, we didn't see Haggar and Nemesis getting their introduction so I presume we might get two more marvel characters tomorrow or so. Also they didn't really show that much of Nemesis and Haggar so they probably tried to hide something in the battle (like their counter team).

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Happy to see a lot of people happy that mayor Mike is back. Def the best mvc3 character.

We came from a quite long way with Mike Haggar, starting with this gem from MVC3 hype train.

AVFRd4E.jpg

I can't emphasize enough that I'm freaking happy that we are getting Haggar back once again.

Skab

I hope Spider-Man didn't lose maximum spider in favor of that new level 3. (which i like, but it feels wrong for him to not have MS)

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I hope Spider-Man didn't lose maximum spider in favor of that new level 3. (which i like, but it feels wrong for him to not have MS)

I think he still have the move but they didn't shown it in the trailer. I meant Zero still have all three hypers from MVC3, and they didn't bother to show one or tow hypers in MVCI trailer.

Haggar doing Haggar shit was hype until even the final tournament

YESSSSS! I always rooting for the team with Haggar in it. I'm totally biased! :p

That's right.

I was looking for that GIF but I'm glad that you found it. Also I'm glad that I found old leak picture of Mike Haggar during MVC3 hype train,

PSqueak

Banned
That infinity storm sounds useless if infinity storms still give you a free level 3.
Unless it's unlimited meter in the storm and you get to keep 4 bars out of it.

Or maybe it's exclusively for when they add Dark Phoenix

Think about this:

>You have 3 lvls of meter
>LVL 3 with character A
>Tag into Character B
>Infinite storm
>LVL 3 with character B
>You have 2 lvls of meter remaining.

Vs

>You have 3 lvls of meter
>LVL 3 with character A
>Tag into Character B
>Instant LVL 3 with character B burning your infinity stone
>You have 0 Lvls of meter remaining

I don't see him losing a level 1 for a level 3. Especially since Strider Hiryu, Chun Li, and others have kept all their supers and they just added a new one. I think only Nova lost his, probably because that thing led to so many bugs and glitches in Ultimate (and probably Speed tackle + Tag being too easy to escape free from)

Eh, maybe just the latter

sinkfla87

:(

:(

Is that the same day they'll announce F.A.N.G buffs and a new Chaos Legion game?

Speaking of FANG, is it wrong that I want him in MvCi? LOL. Keep some moves from SFV but give him some new moves as well. Imagine his D, U poison ball attack being doubled (4 bouncing on screen) and the ability to put poison clouds in air. I just want a good FANG :(

Speaking of FANG, is it wrong that I want him in MvCi? LOL. Keep some moves from SFV but give him some new moves as well. Imagine his D, U poison ball attack being doubled (4 bouncing on screen) and the ability to put poison clouds in air. I just want a good FANG :(

As much as I would love F.A.N.G in a Mahvel game, I really gotta hand that torch over to Rashid to fill the role of an SFV rep.

That character is just P-E-R-F-E-C-T for this series.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Do we know how many alternate colors a character will have? Would be weird if Hien wasn't Hiryu's alternate color
Max' recent videos have Strider in his alt colours (I think I timestamped a match with two Striders a few pages ago). I think his current P2 alt is either his P4 or P6 alt from UMvC3.

But no, we have no idea about alt colours. This concerns me.

Max' recent videos have Strider in his alt colours (I think I timestamped a match with two Striders a few pages ago). I think his current P2 alt is either his P4 or P6 alt from UMvC3.

But no, we have no idea about alt colours. This concerns me.

yeah it was that video that made me wonder. They showcased the color variations in 3 earlier than here. Maybe there really will be some sort of color editor or something that they're keeping secret
probably not

from the .zip files it looked to me like we would have 3 color variations per costume but I don't know since it could just be me misinterpreting it

Anth0ny

color editor would be so hype but I feel like Marvel would have shut that down immediately

can't have a yellow spider-man because reasons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom