• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Gameplay/Pre-Launch Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

yesss got a clip of the ridiculous strider tech

I still don't fully understand the new OTG mechanics for this game. We're limited to one OTG now per character (as in, something like doom bread and butter marvel 3 loops wouldn't work), but it looks like strider in this combo OTGs with bomb and then knocks the opponent back to the ground with sword, and then it loops a couple of times. It's weird but cool.

Yeah after seeing this I am not sure what the hell is going on with the OTG system in the game.

Other characters can't do stuff like that. Like based on that video you would think Ryu would be able to chain Tatsus like that as it creates a similar knockdown state but it doesn't.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yeah after seeing this I am not sure what the hell is going on with the OTG system in the game.

Other characters can't do stuff like that. Like based on that video you would think Ryu would be able to chain Tatsus like that as it creates a similar knockdown state but it doesn't.

its weird because Max was saying the stampede super didnt OTG, but it looks like it does there?

Maybe some moves don't have otg limits...

Dahbomb

There need to be hella guides about this game because if people like me and Karst are still confused about the mechanics, the casuals aren't going to learn shit.

Neoxon

Dafoe would be the greatest thing ever but that's never going to happen.

Mark Hamil would be nice, but that's only a bit more likely

Steve Blum's Goblin is pretty awesome. I'd want him to voice Goblin in here

How was the Ultimate guy? Never saw him.
They'd probably get Josh Keaton to voice Green Goblin, to line up with the current Spider-Man cartoon.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
So if you beat arcade mode you unlock the 3rd color for both characters regardless of who does the final blow.

Not all characters? I guess if we have to beat arcade mode again to unlock other color, with all characters so I guess it would be 30 times in total. Thanks!

smurfx

get some go again
Why is Strider getting a 50% damage combo off a fullscreen Gram
this reminds me of something i saw on kbr's stream. hypers do less damage the further you are away. close up to an opponent you seem to get way more damage then you should. thought it was kinda weird. i know sometimes you won't get most of the hits which makes a difference but this was such a huge difference.

I think it's because Gram causes a hard knockdown. It caused one in Marvel 3 as well, which is how Strider could do Gram, Satellite, release, wall cling, dive kick x gram x Legion.

The other stuff we are seeing is NOT OTGs. It's ground bounces. Your aerial series now causes a ground bounce with "j.S", which lets you relaunch. Everyone is still limited to 1 ground bounce outside of Power Stone surge.

Not all characters? I guess if we have to beat arcade mode again to unlock other color, with all characters so I guess it would be 30 times in total. Thanks!

Yeah I just double checked and I only got the third color for the characters I used in arcade mode. Which looks like I won't be getting many colors in this game unless there is a way to unlock them elsewhere.

Does the Power Storm actually make Level 3 hypers not scale? Does it still nullify pushblock?

They scaled for me but they still do more damage than they would without power storm. It also nullifies pushblock from what I've tested.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

you thought you would get them for all characters for beating it once? :eek:

Yeah I just double checked and I only got the third color for the characters I used in arcade mode. Which looks like I won't be getting many colors in this game unless there is a way to unlock them elsewhere.

what difficulty did you use? hopefully you can do it on the lowest so its faster

you thought you would get them for all characters for beating it once? :eek:

what difficulty did you use? hopefully you can do it on the lowest so its faster

I think it was the default I didn't see an option to change it from the brief amount of time I've spent in the menus.

Rhaknar

oh did we know that what determines if its the evil repression shinku shoryuken is if you do it under 20% health?

It actually does more damage than the regular one aswell, its not just a visual thing.

Neoxon

I apologize if this was already brought up, but the fact that Grandmaster Meio has been shown constantly kinda makes me doubt the possibility of him being in Season 1. Take Monster Hunter for example, she hasn't been shown in any of the promotional material yet she's all but guaranteed to be amongst the Season 1 characters. You'd think that Capcom would hold back on showing so much of Meio if he was actually in Season 1.

Maybe I'm over-thinking it as usual, but it's just something I noticed. Again, if I'm late to the punch on this, I'm sorry.

Dahbomb

I think it's because Gram causes a hard knockdown. It caused one in Marvel 3 as well, which is how Strider could do Gram, Satellite, release, wall cling, dive kick x gram x Legion.

The other stuff we are seeing is NOT OTGs. It's ground bounces. Your aerial series now causes a ground bounce with "j.S", which lets you relaunch. Everyone is still limited to 1 ground bounce outside of Power Stone surge.
I know about those ground bounces/spike but I am saying that Ryu has hard knockdown on Tatsu but when he does the second one they recover immediately. That is not the case with this Strider sequence.

Collectors edition Infinity Stones are actually Infinity Eggs and can't be removed from the box. Pre-Order Canceled.
H8RXJPZ.png

Jawmuncher

So if you beat arcade mode you unlock the 3rd color for both characters regardless of who does the final blow.

Thank goodness. Starting to think now that this'll count as beating arcade mode for both characters too for the "beat with all characters achievement"

Though if you want all the colors you still have to beat it 30 times total

Rhaknar

Thank goodness. Starting to think now that this'll count as beating arcade mode for both characters too for the "beat with all characters achievement"

Though if you want all the colors you still have to beat it 30 times total
Not necessarily, apparently you can unlock the colours by playing the character online too.

Rhaknar

in his latest stream Max is talking about leaks, says "cant trust leaks until they happen", his friend goes "unless its from reliable sources" and Max goes "uuh I have, I have some pretty good reasons to believe the video I made today, which is talking about Gill being the last Capcom character"

latest

Lulubop

in his latest stream Max is talking about leaks, says "cant trust leaks until they happen", his friend goes "unless its from reliable sources" and Max goes "uuh I have, I have some pretty good reasons to believe the video I made today, which is talking about Gill being the last Capcom character"

latest

Come on.

Rhaknar

The guy on Discord who got the game early just said the netcode is rollback.

speaking of online, someone asked Max "will you make Lobbies?" and Max has a strange reply, he goes, almost flabergasted "Not tonight but when the game is officilly out next week yes. Theres a... shit I cant talk about that. Uh yes we'll be playing...err...there is a...the online f... I wont be t... yes just tune in"

hmmm

edit: later on he goes "I have heard things that the netcode isnt delay based, that its rollback, but I havent tested it yet" to backup what Spino said.

Rhaknar

crying about Gill being DLC, in my opinion, borders on "ill just shittalk Infinite because thats the meme thing to do"

Dude hasnt been in a vs game, is from a beloved franchise (as in the 3 series, not SF as a whole), is actually a character that would fit Marvel, looks funky.

You can not like the character, but to think it would be a bad inclusion as a whole, come on...

I think it's bad getting in over a SFV character.

fuck SFV... unless its Necalli.

FIGHT ME LULU!

Discord dude said online is like GGPO because they are using PSN/XBLA servers and not Capcom's inhouse servers. So buttery smooth.

He also said because Capcom uses their Korean-based ones, that's kinda why SFV has shitty netcode. If they were to use Steam/PSN/basically have better servers, the netcode would be ace.

Rhaknar

Discord dude said online is like GGPO because they are using PSN/XBLA servers and not Capcom's inhouse servers. So buttery smooth.

He also said because Capcom uses their Korean-based ones, that's kinda why SFV has shitty netcode. If they were to use Steam/PSN/basically have better servers, the netcode would be ace.

that would mean they use Steam on...err...Steam.

edit: holy SHIT at Max's rig O_O no wonder his streams and shit are such high quality #superjelly

Yeah, i have no problems with either. Certainly better than getting stuck with the re7 guy or freaking Asura.

q7nqBUb.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom