• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Gameplay/Pre-Launch Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Shitty.

Not interested in 99% of the cast aside from Jedah. Gemorah looks cool but I assume everyone is going to hop in on her as she looks sick AF.

I hope Black Panther isn't a long wait...

Black Panther will be one of first two characters being released to the public, along with Sigma. We will find out soon within a week.

I'm betting him and Sigma will be out in November.

I'm pretty sure that it would be before November tho. So October is more likely.

Durden77

Shitty.

Not interested in 99% of the cast aside from Jedah. Gemorah looks cool but I assume everyone is going to hop in on her as she looks sick AF.

I hope Black Panther isn't a long wait...

He and Sigma will be playable at TGS the weekend of release, so they probably will be here soon.

I just can't justify spending $79.99 Canadian on this game.

I bought ultimate marvel vs cap com 3 back in july for the xbox one. Looks like I'll be playing that until for the next two year's when it's at least half price with all the characters include.

I'm just so fucking disappointed in this game in so many different ways. It makes me mad in how unappreciated capcom is of this licence.

Perineum

He and Sigma will be playable at TGS the weekend of release, so they probably will be here soon.

I hope it's a week or two after release at most.

I'm grinding Destiny 2 right now, have this coming up, then Evil Within 2 hits, and after that more holiday games like Xenoblade.

Going to be tough to squeeze in Marvel time after the first month for me. I'm purchasing the game to have fun in the lab and get pooped on online, as well as support Capcom (which made it REALLY hard with this game) so we see more versus games in the future.

Still hoping for a TvC2 or a Capcom vs Snk again.

FSLink

Banned
Day -7 MVCI Top 10 characters in the game right now (please don't take this seriously guys!)

Zero
Gammora
Captain Marvel
Nova
Chun Li
Ghost Rider
Ultron
Dormammu
Strider
Jedah
I think X is gonna be really good too, but he's definitely not gonna be great at the start, some of his stuff looks less straightforward.

To add to this, personally I think Day -7 Stones are:

Power
Reality
Time
Soul (for the lab monsters)
Mind
Space
Soul (for the non lab monsters)

I just can't justify spending $79.99 Canadian on this game.

I bought ultimate marvel vs cap com 3 back in july for the xbox one. Looks like I'll be playing that until for the next two year's when it's at least half price with all the characters include.

I'm just so fucking disappointed in this game in so many different ways. It makes me mad in how unappreciated capcom is of this licence.

Get it on Steam for $25 at CDKeys if you got a PC.

And yeah Capcom is dropping the ball in areas in this game, but I think Marvel's to blame too.

smurfx

get some go again
spiderman seems pretty good too. just wait until people start finding out more resets with him. is ultimate web throw a grab still?

Dahbomb

I don't want "top tier" predictions. I want "bottom tier unplayable" predictions! It's more fun to put people on blast for that later.
Chris and Ryu. You can put me on blast if any of these end up being top tier.

I don't know where the big bodies stand. I thought they would be OK in this game but after seeing damage potential and the way armor works... big bodies look like they might really struggle in this game but for different reasons than in Marvel 3... they seem like they can get rushed down easier by just characters doing box dash jump heavies and then get hit for equivalent damage. They don't have an insane amount of HP advantage or a damage advantage, nor is their defense that potent. Like I don't know why anyone would want to play a Hulk over Captain Marvel when Captain Marvel can just turn on Photon Absorber (though in reality, Captain Marvel shouldn't have a function like that to begin with).

Though if you count Thanos and Thor as big bodies... they are going to be fine. May not be the best characters but they should be good enough. I am mostly talking about Haggar, Hulk and Nemesis here.

Power
Reality
Time
Soul (for the lab monsters)
Mind
Space
Soul (for the non lab monsters)
Soul isn't the worst for sure.

The Soul Surge ability is one of the strongest in the game. It has a far range, good damage and heal also pretty safe. But more importantly it has enough hit stun where you can tag and get a combo from it. That's what makes it deadly, it's like giving everyone a Ghost Rider like poke that converts into damage. The healing is also quite significant.

The Soul Storm isn't that great when it's active but the potential double resurrection makes it powerful enough by itself. The resurrection combined with the Surge makes this a very powerful stone for high level play especially for teams that just want to play it slower.

Durden77

Hulk is one of the few characters I just am liking better in Infinite on all fronts.

I think he looks better, sounds better, his moves look cooler, his tools and general gameplay look more fun.

The only other returning character I can think of that I may be liking better all around in Infinite is Strange. But Hulk just looks like a straight improvement in everyway.

I especially love his new Gamma Quake. Shit looks awesome and I love his VA on it.

FSLink

Banned
Soul isn't the worst for sure.

The Soul Surge ability is one of the strongest in the game. It has a far range, good damage and heal also pretty safe. But more importantly it has enough hit stun where you can tag and get a combo from it. That's what makes it deadly, it's like giving everyone a Ghost Rider like poke that converts into damage. The healing is also quite significant.

The Soul Storm isn't that great when it's active but the potential double resurrection makes it powerful enough by itself. The resurrection combined with the Surge makes this a very powerful stone for high level play especially for teams that just want to play it slower.

...no shit dude, I just mean those are day -7 tiers because hardly anybody but the lab monsters is gonna get much use out of it until later on.

As far as predictions go for how it'll eventually end up:

Power
Soul
Reality/Space
Mind/Time

but that's just my predictions, and I still expect Mind/Time to be good later on anyway.

Dahbomb

Oh I read the list wrong then.

Mind is one of those gems where it may not be that good now because not a lot of characters can abuse meter that well but once they put Vergil in the game, he's going to be all about that Mind stone.

If Orbs was 3 bars then Strider would've used Mind stone too probably.

FSLink

Banned

Mind is one of those gems where it may not be that good now because not a lot of characters can abuse meter that well but once they put Vergil in the game, he's going to be all about that Mind stone.

I think the biggest potential for Mind Stone (DLC characters like Vergil aside) also depends on whether some characters can make great use of the double Lv3 you could get off of it, as well as if projectile characters like Hawkeye who would love more meter for Gimlet end up any good as the meta goes on.

I don't want "top tier" predictions. I want "bottom tier unplayable" predictions! It's more fun to put people on blast for that later.

Grapplers are usually safe to guess, but I think Nemesis, Haggar, Thor are gonna turn out okay. But Hulk isn't looking so great.

I agree with Ryu and Chris looking underwhelming too.

I'm also gonna guess Captain America, Ghost Rider (his stuff looks great now, but I think it'll be underwhelming later), Spencer for low/bottom tiers. Would love to be proven wrong.

Durden77

Mind stone I think will be a solid for characters with transformation supers. X, Zero, Morrigan, Firebrand, ect. But I can't tell if the fact that every surge gives a free level 3 is going to be detrimental to it or actually help it...

Dahbomb

I don't think Mind Stone is worth much just for single lvl1 installs. You can get like max two activation on your install with it, maybe some meter burn elsewhere.

What you need is like a lvl3 install. Firebrand is the only character with a lvl3 install and he ALSO has a lvl1 install. Firebrand can get maximum value from Mind stone. Like he can burn 4 bars instantly and then potentially get 2 lvl3 cinematic hypers.

Another character can use it well is Arthur. He has a lvl3 hyper that isn't cinematic which means he can do stuff like Gold Armor up LVL3, spam some Bracelet then use lvl3 again and tag that.

That's why Vergil would also be good with Mind Stone. He can do Devil Trigger + Spiral Swords + Blistering Sword instantly to burn 3 meter and then quickly build the meter back for another Spiral Swords + Blistering Sword session into a LVL3 if need be.

FSLink

Banned
I don't think Mind Stone is worth much just for single lvl1 installs. You can get like max two activation on your install with it, maybe some meter burn elsewhere.

What you need is like a lvl3 install. Firebrand is the only character with a lvl3 install and he ALSO has a lvl1 install. Firebrand can get maximum value from Mind stone. Like he can burn 4 bars instantly and then potentially get 2 lvl3 cinematic hypers.

Another character can use it well is Arthur. He has a lvl3 hyper that isn't cinematic which means he can do stuff like Gold Armor up LVL3, spam some Bracelet then use lvl3 again and tag that.

That's why Vergil would also be good with Mind Stone. He can do Devil Trigger + Spiral Swords + Blistering Sword instantly to burn 3 meter and then quickly build the meter back for another Spiral Swords + Blistering Sword session into a LVL3 if need be.

Could also see grapplers getting use out of it, especially if they are paired up with someone who can help them get in (and ideally someone who could make use of it too like Zero). Two level 3s from Haggar or Nemesis could be really good if they have good resets and setups into it?

Durden77

Wait wtf on the Bum stream they just said Ultron Sigma was unlockable in the same way that leak said.

Could be just talkin out of his ass, but he sounded confident in it. Like it was a fact.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wait wtf on the Bum stream they just said Ultron Sigma was unlockable in the same way that leak said.

what way and what mode can you use him in if thats true. But if it was true wouldnt they have him? Or are they just saying that because they read the leak?

Durden77

what way and what mode can you use him in if thats true. But if it was true wouldnt they have him? Or are they just saying that because they read the leak?

Have no idea about that. They don't have him because they said they're not playing story mode because of limitations. But Capcom may have given these players that they are giving early copies to some information, maybe even so they WOULDN'T spoil it because they knew there were secrets, and Scampy may have fucked up.

Scamby doesn't know anything.

Very possible. Just hoping it may have been what I just said above because he said it so confidently. Either way, Capcom is probably like "shut up SHUT UP SHUT UPPPPPPPP!!!!"

Best part about it was Scampy was all sayin "We're makin sure we don't spoil anything for Capcom! If you have anything to spoil keep it to yourself! They've been great to us! Btw Ultron Sigma is unlockable and here's how to get him. Make sure to keep story stuff to yourself until you get the game!". Lol what a dummy.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Not out until Tuesday. GAF rules won't allow an OT until the day before the game's release. This it pretty much the OT though.

BTW, who is making the OT?

day before, so monday.

Enzo is making the OT.

edit: if you are a complete Marvel noob that Sajam tutorial video is really good by the way.

Rhaknar

Expecting DBZ or functions in title

I really hope not, the game already gets enough shit as it is, as the OT will be (hopefully) for people that care about the game. It's not a coincidence that the people that ask for that stupid funcion title are the people that trash the game and arent even buying it.

Other game's OT even when they have joke titles its not jokes in detriment of the games.

Numb

I really hope not, the game already gets enough shit as it is, as the OT will be (hopefully) for people that care about the game. It's not a coincidence that the people that ask for that stupid funcion title are the people that trash the game and arent even buying it.

Other game's OT even when they have joke titles its not jokes in detriment of the games.

This is the FGC
They are the first in line to hand out Ls
A good title would be some reference to MvC1 with the Soul Stone shenanigans and 2v2.

Let's Go Crazy~

MVCi OT: SFxTekken 2

Rhaknar

I like the open world fighting game combo they made at house of crack. Or like GTA or whatever they said, because the combo system is so open.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

This is kind of where I'm at when it comes to the title. I don't think MvC4Women or f(x)-men are that detrimental really, but last thing you want is to encourage even more shitposting or drive-by complaining in an OT, which is what I'm most concerned about for f(x)-men.

There's got to be other good thread title ideas, right?

Open to suggestions from now until Tuesday.

Numb

"MVCi OT: SFxTekken 2"

Endorsed.

4n0YX.gif

Rhaknar

This is kind of where I'm at when it comes to the title. I don't think MvC4Women or f(x)-men are that detrimental really, but last thing you want is to encourage even more shitposting or drive-by complaining in an OT, which is what I'm most concerned about for f(x)-men.

There's got to be other good thread title ideas, right?

Open to suggestions from now until Tuesday.

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite |OT| Open World Fighting Game
Marvel vs Capcom Infinite |OT| The GTA of Fighting Games

because GTA is open world... and has no female playable characters :3

save the x-men jokes for OT 2 or 3 when they DO return imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom