• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coda

Strider's orbs looked really slow.

I have a feeling it'll be sped up, though.

I noticed that too. It's either because it would be really unbalanced if they were incredibly fast in this game or they'll speed them up a bit. I think because it's only 1 meter now they didn't want to make it overpowered.

Tirael

Really hope they wont charge for the DLC that puts stuff in these dead backgrounds.

Many people, including me, hate the people in the background of Street Fighter V stages. But you're totally right, the backgrounds need something to not looks so drab.

Harmen

I disliked the art during the cutscenes and early promotion, but I actually like it during the fighting gameplay.

I noticed that too. It's either because it would be really unbalanced if they were incredibly fast in this game or they'll speed them up a bit. I think because it's only 1 meter now they didn't want to make it overpowered.

Yeah, not wanting them to be OP makes sense.

From what I've seen from many of the normals, this definitely appears to be a return to the LP/HP, LK/HK scheme. I wanna see Legion now. I'm guessing Ragnarok will be his Lvl3 again. I'm good with this.

mas8705

Yeah I have no idea what reality could do. It clearly wont be the elemental shit from MSH.

Soul gem is resurrect a downed character, probably will have some other heal sort of thing.

My guess on the Mind gem is something meter related. Would be cool if it gave you something like parries though.

Part of me feels as though that the Soul Gem could actually work like how it was done T.J. Combo in KI where depending on the amount of Gauge he has before is taken down, he can regain a certain amount of life in order to hopefully pull through. Same thing could happen here where the Soul Gem could be used to regain a certain percentage of health for the fighter that gets downed and perhaps puts them on the sidelines until they get tagged back in.

Who know if that will be how it works, but it can probably be a good gem for those who might not see a need for the other 5 and want to have it as a "backup plan" should things go south for them.

Kyne

7xiEqgg.jpg

TreIII

Hmm, how do you feel if Mind Gem actually block your oppenent from using the meters.

Interface screwing is something I'd like to see.

Though more realistically, I'm thinking more to the tune of a Royal Guard parry/counter/reflect mechanic. For the more defensive-minded player.

RocBase

ok! this actually looks pretty legit! nice!!

that ui design though...did capcom fire all their ui designers from last gen?? between this and sf5 the aesthetic downgrade from their previous games is quite unfortunate

What is OTG?

Off the ground. It's when the enemy is lying on the ground but you use an attack that can hit them in that state and still continue/extend the combo. In most games, it's specific moves that can OTG and depending on the character, only to get a few hits in.

In this gameplay footage though, everyone was OTGing constantly.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Off the ground. It's when the enemy is lying on the ground but you use an attack that can hit them in that state and still continue/extend the combo. In most games, it's specific moves that can OTG and depending on the character, only to get a few hits in.

In this gameplay footage though, everyone was OTGing constantly.

Ah okay, thanks.

AdaWong

Word, you touched it? Give the deets on gems.

Also the mobile fighters you've been playing. I've been looking for a good mobile fighter with tri-jumps, air dashes, and the like.

I'm honestly serious. The gameplay and animation looks like the I2 iOS app. D:

Dahbomb

There are no two ways about it, the combination of bland artstyle and poor UI does make this game look like something you might see on phones.

Thankfully the game play itself is something that is not really phone quality.

Dahbomb

MVCI standard PS4 preorders finally went live on Amazon, deluxe edition nowhere to be found however.
Capcom still trying to acquire all of those Infinity Stones. Not easy when Thanos wants them too.

Man I REALLY REALLY want some of the pros to get their hands on Marvel Infinite for a day or two. Break this shit apart.

Coda

There are no two ways about it, the combination of bland artstyle and poor UI does make this game look like something you might see on phones.

Thankfully the game play itself is something that is not really phone quality.

It looks like a mobile game outfitted into a console game suit, not full on cheesy like a mobile game but somewhere in between. But what's most apparent is that the Marvel influence is strong with this one. It feels like the Capcom influence is low in this game but we still need to see a lot more about the game before making full on impressions/judgments.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
It looks less like a mobile game and more like the Marvel influence is strong with this one. It feels like the Capcom influence is low in this game but we still need to see a lot more about the game before making full on impressions/judgments.

it should be clear Marvel is driving the bus here

their first MCU related title since they started giving a shit

Capcom still trying to acquire all of those Infinity Stones. Not easy when Thanos wants them too.

Man I REALLY REALLY want some of the pros to get their hands on Marvel Infinite for a day or two. Break this shit apart.

Capcom always get leaked early so you already know. Plus e3 around the corner so the pros will stop by and fuck around.

specdot

The more I see of the Marvel Characters the more I cringe at how hard Marvel is forcing Capcom to make these characters in line with their cinematic universe. Which is fine in some instances, but Hawkeye looks like freaking Johnny Cage in spandex with doucher sunglasses on. I want fem Thor dangit!
Also, what the heck did they do to Chuns face? She looks hella derpy. lmao.
Game looks good though. Looks like it plays like a true Mahvel game. Just don't understand the decision to go back to 2v2.

Neoxon

The more I see of the Marvel Characters the more I cringe at how hard Marvel is forcing Capcom to make these characters in line with their cinematic universe. Which is fine in some instances, but Hawkeye looks like freaking Johnny Cage in spandex with doucher sunglasses on. I want fem Thor dangit!
Game looks good though. Looks like it plays like a true Mahvel game. Just don't understand the decision to go back to 2v2.
Even if they weren't lining up with the MCU, they weren't gonna use Jane Foster Thor in this game instead of Thor Odinson.

Skilletor

That's how Hawkeye has looked on the comics for years.

Coda

While personally I think the HUD needs work to make it less cheap looking, it really doesn't differ too much when you directly compare them to UMvC3's HUD which I personally liked. Let's just hope they clean it up before release.

GhostRider1

PSqueak

Banned

Someone pointed out in a past thread that in the comics Hawkeye hasn't looked like the UMVC3 version for over 15 years.

And Thor possibly was left Odinson for the sake of re-using assets.

I have no problem with either personally, i just knew that was the Hawkeye they were gonna use.

Dahbomb

2v2 makes more sense with this new tag mechanic where you are constantly and freely swapping characters in neutral, on pressure and in combos. Puts more laser focus on pair synergy.

You could make this system with 3v3 and probably add in assists but that increases complexity greatly.

Durden77

Models and general stuff look shitty but I'm not worries because those always get cleaned up. I am optimistic, it looks weird in some ways but cool in others. Obviously reusing a lot of assets from UMvC3 but I'm fine with that, kind of want that to a certain extent to be honest. Just happy to see gameplay finally.

Since the game has been announced it's been so quiet, but now that this gameplay is here, I can already feel the sleepless nights beginning. Les go time to get hype.

Also I'd say Ant Man is pretty much confirmed considering Marvel's agenda and him being removed from Hawkeye's super.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom