• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
The more I see of the Marvel Characters the more I cringe at how hard Marvel is forcing Capcom to make these characters in line with their cinematic universe. Which is fine in some instances, but Hawkeye looks like freaking Johnny Cage in spandex with doucher sunglasses on. I want fem Thor dangit!
Also, what the heck did they do to Chuns face? She looks hella derpy. lmao.
Game looks good though. Looks like it plays like a true Mahvel game. Just don't understand the decision to go back to 2v2.

cringe?

the only reason you are getting this game is because of the mcu

and fem thor will come, for $7.99 bet

SAQWtcQ.jpg

Hilarious

The art direction for this game is awful damn the humanoid characters all look awful except for Captain Marvel and Ryu. Chris and Chun's skin shader or the lighting needs some serious work they look like vampires. Either this is gonna have an insane amount of characters or Capcom had no money to spend on this.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Any word on official videos in the next few days?

I really need combofiend to walk us through a match like he did with SF5 to get a sense of the mechanics.

Protome

Really not digging the art style at all. It looks pretty sterile and low budget.

But goddamn the gameplay looks fun, so who cares.

Does anyone have any idea about the "auto-combo" message that keeps appearing when Hulk does air combos in the video?

I hope it does not imply that auto-combos do exist now in Marvel (not that I mind since the mechanic is also present in other fighters)

Dahbomb

Does anyone have any idea about the "auto-combo" message that keeps appearing when Hulk does air combos in the video?

I hope it does not imply that auto-combos do exist now in Marvel (not that I mind since the mechanic is also present in other fighters)
Probably works like Persona 4 where you tap L repeatedly and get a canned combo. These usually aren't optimum combos so they are usually there to get new players some level of damage when they connect with a hit.

Ryce

Hawkeye looks absolutely nothing like his MCU counterpart
Hawkeye I believe is based on the avengers assemble cartoon design.
Yeah, Marvel has been using vaguely MCU-inspired character designs in comics and cartoons for several years now. The characters in MvCI aren't directly inspired by the movies -- they're inspired by the contemporary versions of these characters across all media.

NotEasy

Gameplay looks solid, I'm curious about the simple inputs(not my thing), the hud looks garbage but I'm sure they will improve it and the art really turns me off. I'm hyped though, give me Venom and Wesker!

Durden77

That time stone shit with Chris made me fucking hype.

There is reason for concern, but I am officially hype now. The gameplay look fun and I already wanna fuck with the possibilities I see. All the edges can get cleaned up and I hope they do, but the gameplay looks neat. I dig it.

Weird that it looks like almost every low attack OTGs now. Ugh I want the game so bad already.

Finally found a video with 1080p60

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2qwkgDtr20

Still hating the UI but at least it looks fun to play.

One thing that really bothers me that the last game did that's persistent here: character's mouths not animating during speech. In Infinite they at least animate during Hyper cutscenes, which is an improvement, but seeing the static mouths when characters call out move name is super-annoying to me.

*edit*

Actually, it seems I was mistaken. The mouths still don't animate at all, even during Hyper cutscenes.

One thing that really bothers me that the last game did that's persistent here: character's mouths not animating during speech. In Infinite they at least animate during Hyper cutscenes, which is an improvement, but seeing the static mouths when characters call out move name is super-annoying to me.

*edit*

Actually, it seems I was mistaken. The mouths still don't animate at all, even during Hyper cutscenes.

I remember early Marvel 3 being like that when it was first shown off at E3. The mouths didn't even move when they were talking during their victory animations.

Coda

The one thing visually I really like so far is the background effects when infinity stones are activated. I bet in person it looks really dynamic and impactful. The stages need work though and also some variety. I'm guessing we've only seen Marvel stages so far?

barik

It looks like Ultimate, but clunkier, uglier, with no assists, and shorter combos... but with hard tags in them. Capcom, are you guys feeling okay?

Someone pointed out in a past thread that in the comics Hawkeye hasn't looked like the UMVC3 version for over 15 years.

Kind of amazing how someone's comic book hipster cred can be ruined in a moment like that... :)

The one thing visually I really like so far is the background effects when infinity stones are activated. I bet in person it looks really dynamic and impactful. The stages need work though and also some variety. I'm guessing we've only seen Marvel stages so far?

Stages seem to be a mashup of Capcom and Marvel locations. The one most often shown is a mashup of Megaman X's city and Thor's Asgard.

Harpoon

Yeah, Marvel has been using vaguely MCU-inspired character designs in comics and cartoons for several years now. The characters in MvCI aren't directly inspired by the movies -- they're inspired by the contemporary versions of these characters across all media.

Yeah, I also expect Ant-Man's going to be using this design that he's been using in the comics and several video games for a while now, rather than look exactly like his movie costume.

k9knOSU.png

jon bones

That's not really a good thing to some people.

i imagine not to most FG fans, yeah

i've hung up my sticks now.

more interested in casual MCU solo stuff like injustice with easy moves

if you told me id say this 10 years ago id call you crazy, but hey at least if they do it right it will sell as much as nrs games

The UI I can get used to, though the 3D mugshots staring into space is dorky as hell. The general sound design is throwing me off though; the characters and music are too quiet. I can barely tell what Ultron is saying for example.

cringe?

the only reason you are getting this game is because of the mcu

and fem thor will come, for $7.99 bet

This. Though I still wish they made a few different choices when it comes to the aesthetics of the models.

JaneThor would be great!

The more I watch this the more I like it.

Yeah, I also expect Ant-Man's going to be using this design that he's been using in the comics and several video games for a while now, rather than look exactly like his movie costume.

k9knOSU.png
I want my Kamen Rider Ant-Man outfit. Wasp dlc or part his movelist is the real question.

McNum

I don't get why people are ripping on the UI so much. I love it. It's clean, readable, and displays a lot of information efficiently. It uses a big yellow NO icon when you can't call in your partner, the DANGER! warning pops in where the thing it's warning about happens, on the lifebar, and the hyper meter as well as the gem meter are condensed so you can glance both at the same time.

It's a massive improvement over UMvC3 where it was even confusing to see which character was A1 and which was A2. The original MvC3 UI was so much better. The huge X for X-Factor was nice, but... at the cost of readability.

Here they took the decent UI of Street Fighter 4, with the important information in the bottom corners and along the top, and adapted it for a tag team use, without going all crazy neon on it like SFvsTekken did. The health bar could use some halfway indicator, but that's not that important in the long run.

jon bones

I want my Kamen Rider Ant-Man outfit. Wasp dlc or part his movelist is the real question.

wasp alt dlc plz

This. Though I still wish they made a few different choices when it comes to the aesthetics of the models.

JaneThor would be great!

The more I watch this the more I like it.

jane thor alt dlc & Valkyrie as her own character (based off MCU, dont need another white blonde woman) plz

I don't get why people are ripping on the UI so much. I love it. It's clean, readable, and displays a lot of information efficiently. It uses a big yellow NO icon when you can't call in your partner, the DANGER! warning pops in where the thing it's warning about happens, on the lifebar, and the hyper meter as well as the gem meter are condensed so you can glance both at the same time.

It's a massive improvement over UMvC3 where it was even confusing to see which character was A1 and which was A2. The original MvC3 UI was so much better. The huge X for X-Factor was nice, but... at the cost of readability.

Here they took the decent UI of Street Fighter 4, with the important information in the bottom corners and along the top, and adapted it for a tag team use, without going all crazy neon on it like SFvsTekken did. The health bar could use some halfway indicator, but that's not that important in the long run.

For me it just looks over simplified and takes up way too much screen space making everything feel cramped.

Yukinari

The realistic artstyle is probably gonna bite this game in the ass later down the line. Marvel 3 still looks great to this day.

What im really worried about is if the stones will kill interest in the game or if you can turn them off.

mreddie

Timer Font looks too basic, they need to change that. Other than that, it's MvC.

They still got time to change the graphics. Backgrounds look lifeless though.

Coda

The realistic artstyle is probably gonna bite this game in the ass later down the line. Marvel 3 still looks great to this day.

What im really worried about is if the stones will kill interest in the game or if you can turn them off.

You definitely wont be able to turn them off, they're clearly a central part of the game's mechanics.

The more I see of the Marvel Characters the more I cringe at how hard Marvel is forcing Capcom to make these characters in line with their cinematic universe. Which is fine in some instances, but Hawkeye looks like freaking Johnny Cage in spandex with doucher sunglasses on. I want fem Thor dangit!

Wow... you say you want Fem Thor from the comics but complain about Hawkeye looking like he's looked in the comics since long before the MCU? Hawkeye's look in UMVC3 was outdated when that game came out. That's awfully inconsistent as a comics fan.

And Thor in this game also looks more like he does from the comics more than how he looks in the movies.

Now, if Spidey ends up looking more like Homecoming than the Amazing Spider-Man, then you're onto something... Or maybe they'll risk going for Miles Morales?

background.jpg

Marvel in MvC3 was mainly based off the Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon (with the same voice cast and even some color schemes for references) while for Infinite is taking cues from Avenger's Assemble series(voices and all I believe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom