• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long would it take for Capcom to do that outline thing?

Chun Li's Schichesi Senkyukyaku (butchered that name I know) has to be unfinished...it looks so bland and uninteresting compared to every other game that uses the move.

Someone on twitter decided to edit in the hard shadows and outlines from marvel 3

while it looks way better surely there are other alternatives.

majority of the thread is complaining about reused assets and people want it to look like the last game lol

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Eh, don't sweat it. Same shit happens to me from time-to-time.

Yeh i know, been here long enough.

Someone on twitter decided to edit in the hard shadows and outlines from marvel 3

Someone needs to tweet this to every Capcom rep on twitter. This looks way better, i like the second pic the most.

PSqueak

Banned

majority of the thread is complaining about reused assets and people want it to look like the last game lol

Those two sentiments come from two different groups of people.

and "majority of the thread" is being too generous.

Gbraga

As someone who isn't really a Marvel fan aside from Marvel vs Capcom, it's hard for me to get excited about Cyclops and Psylocke in a game with no assists. :(

vg260

Frankly i'll be incredibly surprised if this shader doesn't make it to the final build.

If they just take off the filter they're using it should have a similar effect. Right now it's just blurring all the edges and messing up the coloring. It's a lame trick to lessen the visibilty of jaggies (like in Bloodborne), but it's better off having sharper edges it seems.

NeonZ

People complain about reused assets because most expect the character line up to be reset in spite of that. If we were just building up on UMvC3 with only a few losses I doubt there would be as many complaints.

NotLiquid

I wonder what possibility there is, however unlikely, that the easy mode setting might be what makes standard Gem usage not consume meter.

Probably not likely cause I don't see Auto Combo/Easy Hyper Combo prompts pop up that often. Guess it's sort of timed like assists?

Skilletor

People complain about reused assets because most expect the character line up to be reset in spite of that. If we were just building up on UMvC3 with only a few losses I doubt there would be as many complaints.

People are complaining about reused assets from the characters that were in mvc3, lol. We have no idea how big the roster would be.

It's a ridiculous complaint regardless. Every fighter reused moves. Guilty Gear went through amazing lengths just to make old moves feel the same in an entirely different engine.

cordy

Banned
C-XjbvAXsAAFT6R.jpg

Yeah I really fuck with the second pic. Looks like the perfect mix.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
It would be nice if Capcom would simply make the rendering style an option. It wouldn't be the first time, some versions of SFIV allowed for alternate rendering modes.

lupinko

I wonder if its more likely that old obscure Capcom games like Star Gladiator and Cyberbots will get a rep than Fantastic 4 and the Xmen......

Never thought I'd say that

Marvel already said any characters whose film rights belong to Fox will still be considered for this game. The Perlmutter and Marvel Studios spat with Fox does not affect this game.

Skab

Something like that edit should be feasible by the time the game releases.

Feasible? Sure.

It wont happen though. I really really doubt they would show the game off without any shaders if they intended for them to be part of the actual look to the game.

Dahbomb

That edit is damn good.

Someone went into UMVC3 and removed the black outlines on the PC version. I wonder if I can pull out that pic.

Pompadour

The re-used assets are fine, especially if people want a huge roster.

Aside from the faces, the models are a big step up and look pretty good. The models in MvC3 were pretty lackluster, understandably since it was a 3v3 fighter on last gen hardware running at 60 fps, but the art style really covered it up and made it look a lot better. MvCI looks like they haven't chosen a visual design yet even if this is obviously close to final.

Doesn't look bad... Well, it looks bad, but the gameplay seems alright. They severely need to throw on some kind of filter, or tweak the lighting, or literally anything to give the game some kind of visual pop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom