• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
I was hoping they'd switch it up from their soundtrack style that's been persistent through MvC 3, SF4 and SF5, but unfortunately it's the same type of music that all just feels like electronic noise over a barely recognizable character theme. I guess I just miss a good variety of jazz, rock, pop, funk, hip hop and electronic music that they used to have in games like the Capcom Vs Snk 1 and 2, MvC 1 and 2, Alpha series, SF3, etc.

I was hoping they'd switch it up from their soundtrack style that's been persistent through MvC 3, SF4 and SF5, but unfortunately it's the same type of music that all just feels like electronic noise over a barely recognizable character theme. I guess I just miss a good variety of jazz, rock, pop, funk, hip hop and electronic music that they used to have in games like the Capcom Vs Snk 1 and 2, MvC 1 and 2, Alpha series, SF3, etc.

Capcom cheaped on music ever since sf4 which is shameful

Khezu

Glad the DP thing was wrong.

I have always found DD motions significantly more frustrating then a Z motion.
Backwards Z's can stay gone though.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Glad the DP thing was wrong.

I have always found those significantly more frustrating then a Z motion.
Backwards Z's can stay gone though.

So you can't do dps on the player two side? So do you just sit there and eat incoming attacks if you are player 2? lol

People aren't actually giving Ryce shit, are they? Delete your account if you are

Next time I'd just make yall mfers wait.

Game looks like Marvel

Anth0ny

woo, breakdown video edited and rendered. came out to over 12 minutes.

now to just wait for the official gameplay release so capcops don't kill me

Skab

How come you ignore the tracks from games like mvc3 and sf5 that are not like that though? They're there, dude. Mvc3's ost was actually quite good.

I sincerely hope this is the case, because I was told point blank by someone who clearly attended the press event (they knew the release date, which characters were in the demo, and other gameplay details) that Ryu's Shoryuken was done with a down, down motion. That's a weird thing to be wrong about.
Maybe all he saw was easy mode in action?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Uh, no he's not?

No he isn't, I just checked.

I bet i got you there.

xazaFcK.gif

Speaking of that gif all 3 will probably be in the game.

Khezu

So you can't do dps on the player two side? So do you just sit there and eat incoming attacks if you are player 2? lol

No the motion is fine, but for w/e reason I have this odd pet peeve/issue with having both Z motions mapped to different moves.

No matter how much I play a game, and muscle memory I develop, 1/10 times I'm gonna dot the wrong move.

Don't have that issue with any other motion fireballs, charges, backforwards, it's weird.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
How come you ignore the tracks from games like mvc3 and sf5 that are not like that though? They're there, dude. Mvc3's ost was actually quite good.

Very, very few were like that in comparison to the majority. Some, like Ken's theme in SF5 mixed in a bit of great guitar but these themes did not stand out much at all. I used to see Capcom fighting game music be on people's top 10 all time lists, I still do on this very forum as well, but these people are not listing tracks from SF5 or MvC3, I can tell you that much. If you're into that type of electronic noise that's cool I guess but I've met people who used to legit hum the tunes to SF3, CvS 2 or MvC 2. They were that good.

I wonder if its more likely that old obscure Capcom games like Star Gladiator and Cyberbots will get a rep than Fantastic 4 and the Xmen......

Never thought I'd say that

I do feel like they could add some shaders and this would look a lot better. Something to give it a little more depth and color, and not feel so flat.

poodaddy

Gold Member
I'll second this post. The 90's and early 2000's were a golden age for fighting game music. The tracks were so meticulously crafted and eclectic man....now I always feel like I'm stuck backstage at a local dubstep show ran by high schoolers every time I play a fighting game.
What Capcom did to Akumas theme in SFV should be a capital offense.

I think SFV's music across the board is pretty great, though the themes for the DLC characters (save for Guile and maybe Balrog) are kind of ass. MvC3's best themes were the newcomer themes (especially the Ultimate additions; all of those were pretty fantastic) and a handful of the arrangements from the CPS2 games (Storm, Doom and Spidey's stand out in particular.)

vg260

I do feel like they could add some shaders and this would look a lot better. Something to give it a little more depth and color, and not feel so flat.

They need to ditch the chromatic aberration filter they seem to be employing. It's not as egregious as some of those Tekken still shots we've seen before, but enough to mess with the colors and crispness in that way.

bethore

A five minute video and not once we did see a two-on-one duo attack from MvC1. That was the one thing I was hoping for to be in this game when they announced it was going to be 2v2. The SFxT vibes is strong in this game.

PSqueak

Banned
I legitimately want Regina in just so we could see Jawmuncher's reaction.

Sexy Silvia or bust

Plot twist: Sexy Silvia is in but in the form of being a tandem character with Joe, she works in a similar manner to Twinzam V (from tech romancer) and how VJ2 plays in which there is one super that causes Joe and Silvia to tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom