• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay.

Ripped sprites from other games never looked good. MvC2 looked like ass when it came out. 3D backgrounds were terrible and the game had like 1/10th of the animation of the games the sprites were ripped from.

It's fine that you think it looks better and prefer the look, but let's not act like MvC2 wasn't low budget and minimal effort by Capcom.

Let me elaborate.

The effects used in the video look bad, and not outspoken enough.

The 3d models are too "realistic" and not cartoony enough for my taste.

The UI is very very bland.

The voices sound terrible.

That's why I'm saying it looks like a cheap budget MVC.

MCV2 on Dreamcast did not look like "ass" when it came out. Sure the sprites had less animations, but there were also over 50 characters with cool animated backgrounds and assists.

Looking at a match of MVC2 versus what I saw in the OP, I'd rather play MVC2 over this any day of the week.

BossRush

I'm super nervous at how X hasn't said a word in any of the trailers so far.

Please don't make X silent. He's NEVER been silent.

Ryce also mentioned there would be 2-3 other controversial gameplay mechanics we would find out about. I wonder what that was. Auto combos? Combo breaker?

Skilletor

Let me elaborate.

The effects used in the video look bad, and not outspoken enough.

The 3d models are too "realistic" and not cartoony enough for my taste.

The UI is very very bland.

The voices sound terrible.

That's why I'm saying it looks like a cheap budget MVC.

MCV2 on Dreamcast did not look like "ass" when it came out. Sure the sprites had less animations, but there were also over 50 characters with cool animated backgrounds and assists.

Looking at a match of MVC2 versus what I saw in the OP, I'd rather play MVC2 over this any day of the week.

It did look like ass. Still does look like ass. The same shit that people are saying about this game about reusing assets was said about MvC2 when it came out.

But that's opinions. :)

I really don't care what you think about this game. I'm just saying that MvC2 was literally a cheap budget MvC, and it's funny to me that people who like that game use that as some sort of insult for this one.

Dahbomb

Ryce shouldn't be banned or even be to blame for it.

Considering all the other info that was correct this week, this one can be chalked up to press journo making an error in analyzing game play. Most of them aren't massive FG enthusiasts so they can make mistakes.

And then of course there is the whole telephone game when it comes to leaks.

I think now more than ever we should be patient for the game play details. It's almost all here now, we will know soon enough.

It did look like ass. Still does look like ass. The same shit that people are saying about this game about reusing assets was said about MvC2 when it came out.

But that's opinions. :)

I really don't care what you think about this game. I'm just saying that MvC2 was literally a cheap budget MvC, and it's funny to me that people who like that game use that as some sort of insult for this one.

But you get what I'm saying right? It's the style that makes it seem so cheap. I'm not saying it IS cheap..

We can agree to disagree, that's perfectly fine, but do you think this MVC looks good then?

MVC2 might have been cheap as in they cut corners but it didn't look or feel cheap, and the style was great. Especially with those awesome jazz tunes. I wanna take you for a ride!

Skilletor

But you get what I'm saying right? It's the style that makes it seem so cheap. I'm not saying it IS cheap..

We can agree to disagree, that's perfectly fine, but do you think this MVC looks good then?

MVC2 might have been cheap as in they cut corners but it didn't look or feel cheap, and the style was great. Especially with those awesome jazz tunes. I wanna take you for a ride!

Every successive Vs. game felt cheaper to me. I played them as they released and there was a severe dip in quality of visuals from CotA to MSH to XvS and on. MvC2 looked awful to me because it was obvious from playing every previous game how much animation was missing. Also, I hated those low poly 3D backgrounds. Again, looked far, far worse than everything that had come before.

I think this game looks okay. Not amazing, no, but certainly not terrible or like a mobile game. The voices kind of sound like they don't fit and were taken from MvC3 and timed for what they've shown here. Feels really early, which is concerning since the game is coming out in 5 months.

The gameplay, though? This gameplay has me more excited than I've been for a vs. game pretty much since XvS. I think the gameplay looks top notch.

Gbraga

Considering all the other info that was correct this week, this one can be chalked up to press journo making an error in analyzing game play. Most of them aren't massive FG enthusiasts so they can make mistakes.

I think now more than ever we should be patient for the game play details. It's almost all here now, we will know soon enough.

I don't think he's that innocent, no. He was clearly getting people worked up about it, and said there's much more to come in the dumbed down department. It's far more than just "hey guys, this is how it worked in a preview build, but could be changed, and isn't necessarily the official way to do it. SF IV had shortcuts, after all".

You don't bring the fact that there's even more dumbed down stuff unless you're stating it as a fact that this is an official change and the reason for that is to make it more casual-friendly.

I don't feel strongly about people getting banned, no need for that, but bs is bs, putting him on blast is fine, if it ends up actually being wrong. The Capcom dude could also be wrong, wouldn't be the first time. He's not a developer, after all.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Just make the goddamn graphics better and everyone will be happy.

Oh and Venom better be in the game.

Ryce

This is probably what happened. I apologize if I scared anyone. I was told a bunch of stuff that ended up being true and one thing that might not be, and I hope that's not ban-worthy. I like to think the big picture ("there was a press event last week and there will be new info this week") carries more weight than one little blunder.

Dahbomb

He wasn't wrong, there is definitely more "dumbed down" stuff in the game.

Stuff like auto combos and universal OTGs (from the look of it) definitely qualifies as such.

These "leaks" should always, always, be taken with a grain of salt. Even if the source is legit, information can get lost or misheard in the process.

Numb

giphy.gif

No one should be blaming Ryce. Blame the journalists who can't wrap their head around basic fighting game terminology. Most of the press is so painfully ignorant towards fighting games, it's absurd.

Nah, MvC2 has always looked like hot garbo, both from a technical standpoint and an artistic one.

So how is Capcom going to be handling new information with this game since it comes out in September. You think they'll go the snk or nrs route and have weekly trailer reveals, or just show stuff off at events during the summer?

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Not mad at Ryce. And like people said, it's either optional or just for the press build. Of course, as Skill said, the FGC's response was crazy.

Welcome to most players, you'll fit in just fine.

Been a fighting game fan/player since 92. I ADORE them but I'm just not good at them.

I will say turn around, even on GAF, is super funny. Yesterday the hate was on at full force, people shitting on others, and all kinds of ridiculousness. Now today everyone is all friendly lol.

Been a fighting game fan/player since 92. I ADORE them but I'm just not good at them.

Most people who are ass but have been playing a while are better than they think. Sometimes it's a simple fix like not mashing as hard, spacing better, etc. You'd be surprised.

Dahbomb

To be honest... releasing a list of characters and collectors editions months after going radio silent for months and not showing game play plus mechanics alongside is exactly what invites stuff like this to happen to begin with.

To be honest... releasing a list of characters and collectors editions months after going radio silent for months and not showing game play plus mechanics alongside is exactly what invites stuff like this to happen to begin with.

I'd say it invites leaks, but not the response those bring. That's purely on the community when they haven't been shown anything official. If people can't wait a few days before losing their shit, that's on them.

I'm no saint either, though.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
I will say turn around, even on GAF, is super funny. Yesterday the hate was on at full force, people shitting on others, and all kinds of ridiculousness. Now today everyone is all friendly lol.

Most people who are ass but have been playing a while are better than they think. Sometimes it's a simple fix like not mashing as hard, spacing better, etc. You'd be surprised.

Funny story. I currently play Killer Instinct and Street Fighter V. I play KI more and consider myself "better" at KI than SFV. Yet when I play ranked matches online in both, I win most of my SFV matches. Go figure.

Maybe because I've been playing SF since I was 12 maybe those mechanics/mind games/systems are just ingrained?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm not mad at Ryce. Whoever he got the info from was probably playing on simple.

The way the community responded before even getting any footage or word from Capcom is fucking pathetic, though.

Exactly, and people should hold back their toxic fangs back and calm down.

Innolis

I don't have a problem with the graphics but the animations look a bit stiff.

It seems anyone can OTG with a low attack now? Hopefully that's the case.

TreIII

I'm super nervous at how X hasn't said a word in any of the trailers so far.

Please don't make X silent. He's NEVER been silent.

Yeah, a friend and I were talking about how weird that is. Only thing we could think of is that there's a slim possibility a legal snafu of some sort is in the way. Maybe even the original actor had to be replaced, and they haven't plugged in the replacement's, yet.

...of course, it would be nice if they wanted to hold X's VA as a secret because there's more in store for the character beyond this game! (Kappa)

Jawmuncher

Y'all taking Marvel too seriously. If eventhubs is scouring threads and posting it , it's on them. I personally don't think it's an issue of not knowing the full details to an extent. What did the backlash of the input comment extend to? It extended to us knowing it ain't the only option in the game.

If anyone I blame capcom. Granted this gameplay leaked early. But realistically they should've had the preorders, articles, and gameplay all up the same day to answer as many questions as possible.

The way people act in here is why we never get leaks anymore

Nyoro SF

Capcom's messaging has always been awful. Fans seize all the missing narratives and things go wildly out of control. It's exactly the kind of thing you don't want happening but it happens over and over.

It's been like this for decades so I don't see it changing any time soon. It does result in a lot of fun reactions though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom