• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's ANT-MAN Trailer #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Sold me completely on Scott Lang's story but not so much Ant-Man...for now. We haven't even seen Yellowjacket in the trailer so I'm sure it'll be action packed in the upcoming trailers. So I dug it.

WillyFive

Bad trailer. Main actor seems terrible, not a lot shown that would make the movie seen any sort of interesting or different from other superhero movies, and we didn't even get a good sense of what Antman was supposed to be, other than he seems to get smaller and rides bugs.

Neoxon

It was an okay trailer, but it didn't get my blood pumping like Guardians, Winter Soldier, or AoU did.

Hopefully the 2nd trailer is better.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Bad trailer. Main actor seems terrible, not a lot shown that would make the movie seen any sort of interesting or different from other superhero movies, and we didn't even get a good sense of what Antman was supposed to be, other than he seems to get smaller and rides bugs.

You got it.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Should've waited till they had more CG shots done. That's what's gonna sell this movie, the sense of scale. But making all those microscopic environments probably takes a long time and they need to look amazing to be believable.

castlegar

After Guardians hitting it out of the park with such a unique and loud and weird trailer, this seems super disappointing. But still excited for Paul Rudd and the costume.

Hmm. I think it's interesting that people thought Guardians was a hard sell to audiences, but I was hyped for that film from the second I saw the trailer. This just feels... blah. Potential for disaster. The odd tone of the trailer (Serious? Funny? Bit of both?) left me kind of bewildered.

Whatever, I'll still see it opening day.

Pachimari

GjDORvV.jpg

Bring him!

Akahige

Another 1:85:1 MCU film I see.

I watched the trailer twice, I don't have much hype after it but I am still interested, I hope Douglas and Rudd chemistry delivers.

I like the look of the suit a lot.

After watching I feel exactly the same as I did prior to watching the trailer. Which is that I know nothing, and I'm not sure how to feel about this.

mikew3st

That was super underwhelming and I'm still looking forward to it, but I'm worried about what the general public thinks.

LaNaranja

I just figured that to sell ant-man they'd go in a little more off-angle.

I feel like the sappy buildup that lead to the "huh", should have been followed up with more jokes or something.

Yup. Even just a change in song after the "huh" into something more lighthearted and goofy would have done wonders. The actual shrinking stuff looked cool, but Douglas saying generic words and the generic music made the whole thing feel way more generic than it should have been.

I just don't get it. Why does he need to shrink down to the size of an ant? Where's the fun in that?
He's usually used in situations where stealth is needed. He can also become a giant, but I don't know if they're using that in the movies or not.

guek

Banned
I think the Marvel pedigree is actually working against this one at the moment. It's definitely a tease but not in a good way. Could have been better for sure.

On a somewhat related note, I guess this is yet another excuse for Marvel-haters to come crawling out of the woodwork.

j.rob

The trailer does not excite me.

But I have faith. Guardians taught me otherwise.

Oh who am I kidding? I fucking love me some Marvel. Day 1.

Lunar15

I feel like the issue is that, if you look at the really successful marvel movies lately, they haven't felt like the dozens of origin stories that audiences sat through for years. The trailers for The Avengers, Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy, etc. moved away from that.

This looks straight up out of that origin story era, and it plays up to it more than it subverts it. I guess I just kind of expected them to subvert it at some point, which they almost did, but then didn't follow through.

WillyFive

Hmm. I think it's interesting that people thought Guardians was a hard sell to audiences, but I was hyped for that film from the second I saw the trailer. This just feels... blah. Potential for disaster. The odd tone of the trailer (Serious? Funny? Bit of both?) left me bewildered.

The trailer's editing did its best to make it seem like the main character was funny....but there was nothing funny there.

That would have been so much more stylish if Edgar Wright was directing... :/

edit: Also the concept trailer they showed like 2 years ago was way cooler. This just seemed like generic superhero trailer.

Still sad Edgar Wright isn't behind this.

This looked better than I was expecting . . . but I'm still holding onto plenty of reservations.

Gravidee

This is how it always is. People are underwhelmed by the teaser and then are hyped up when the longer trailer comes along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom