• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Daredevil debuting on Netflix on April 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMUSIX

I still find Legally Blind to be the most appealing. Directly references Matt...

I guess people like Red is the New Black because it references another Netflix show? Otherwise, we're banking on the red outfit to show up early. If it comes in episode 10, then Black is the New Black would be more fitting.

Nether!

Charlie Cox on a Daredevil Appearance in Civil War

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4FhMpDjojE

How many message board posts are linking to this video saying "actually it was Iron Fist in the Daredevil costume at the time!!!"

tumblr_l2lvyzeATz1qc073co1_400.gif

ALL OF YOUR FAVORITE SUPERHEROES ARE BRITISH!!!!!!!1111

Also the True Blood girl needs to dye her hair back to red.

bale and garfield etc. did a good job masking their accents

cox is so bad at it tho lol. Daredevil sounds super Irish in the promos so far. All I hear is Mr. Sleater from Boardwalk if he grew up in America in his 20s.

TheOddOne

Votes*:
Legally Blind:
Red Is The New Black:

*The rest of the suggestions had no more than 2 votes, so they were eliminated (Sorry guys, there were some really good ones in there!).

Also, “Marvel’s” has been removed from the OT title. So the winner is:

Daredevil |OT| Legally Blind

Bleepey

Why am I so sure Daredevil will be an enormous success for Netflix and Marvel? Quite simply, in Daredevil Marvel delivers one of the greatest live-action superhero origin stories ever made. It is in the same top-tier category of true superhero origin films along with Batman Begins, Iron Man, and Superman: The Movie. The episodes are like mini-movies, and taken together the first two episodes could have been released almost as-is — with only a few minor tweaks to add some cinematic sense of scale — and it would’ve been hailed as one of Marvel’s best films to date.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhug...evil-is-one-of-marvels-greatest-achievements/

thequestion

Is it weird that I'm far more excited for this than for Avengers: Age of Ultron or Ant-Man?

Same. Avengers 2 looks bland. Marvel U on Netflix is going to fucking rock. It's a wonderful opportunity to tell a more intricate story.

In the end, Avengers 2 will still be a fun watch.....I just hope it's more than robot fights heroes, robot wins. Our heroes rebuild and regain desire to fight. Heroes fight robot(s), heroes win...........................................but at what cost....

Netflix, bring on Punisher and wave 2!

Bleepey

That's great. Much better than Red is the new Black, it made no sense to me.

Red is the new black was extremely clever, it referenced:

Orange is the new black (another Netflix show)
The black ninja costume from Man without fear and the modern red costume
plus the whole x is the new black

the braile was best, maybe adding translations could have let us have our cake and eat it.

tomtom94

Think it was a reference to the netflix show Orange is the New Black.
That and the costume colours about sums up my thinking on that one.

This has been a very good thread for OT titles - Legally Blind is great even without the Braille, and I liked Public Defender as well.

Pachimari

Red is the new black was extremely clever, it referenced:

Orange is the new black (another Netflix show)
The black ninja costume from Man without fear and the modern red costume
plus the whole x is the new black

the braile was best, maybe adding translations could have let us have our cake and eat it.
I know that but still. It was very bland and still makes no sense with red being the new black if the black costume will be his main suit in Season 1.

Anyway, every single review makes me salvage for more.

Glad it wa Legally Blind. Red is the New Black sounded like it was trying a little too hard, especially since he's wearing the black costume. Lawyerness and Blindness are more interesting features than the color of his costume. It's also just a better pun.

Quick

Banned
Votes*:
Legally Blind:
Red Is The New Black:

*The rest of the suggestions had no more than 2 votes, so they were eliminated (Sorry guys, there were some really good ones in there!).

Also, “Marvel’s” has been removed from the OT title. So the winner is:

Daredevil |OT| Legally Blind

Perfect.

Bigfoot

Red is the new Black would be a better subtitle for season 2 if it happens, especially if he doesn't get his red costume until the end of this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom