• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Doctor Strange | Production Thread

tomtom94

Looks like a TV movie.

In all seriousness, good to see that Phase III really goes after better cinematographic style.

It's Ben Davis, cinematographer for GOTG. In fact I think the reason he can't do GOTG Vol. 2 is because Feige insisted he do this instead.

BLACKLAC

ahxmQjj.jpg

Quick

Banned
I saw the latest Doctor Strange trailer before Suicide Squad in IMAX.

Shit looks dope, I'm really looking forward to how the visuals are gonna look in IMAX 3D.

Have they confirmed if the music in the trailers is from the soundtrack? I think since their inception (no pun intended brehs) they've been really lacking on the music front, especially compared to the shit zimmer pumps out for batman and superman and batman again lol. but man that music in the doctor strange trailer is so good.

i'm not even jumping on the giachinno bandwagon, he's great sometimes but i'm not the biggest fan, but if that's his music they did a damn good job hiring him for this. hopefully the movie utilizes the soundtrack well, like during the action beats and shit. it's my favorite thing about the second trailer. well that and the shot of the cape clinging to him. i've went back to the trailer a few times to hear it. get giachinno to do black panther's theme and the new spiderman one too while they're at it.

also that last joke was such a dick move in response to the appropriation comments haha. but i also think it's a clever line as well.

Fairly sure the trailer music is just trailer music.

dude waaaat?! it's fucking killer. that's a doctor strange theme right there, that mysterious elephant sounding horn as it progresses is so good. i hope you're wrong bro. the strings are very epic too.

edit: aww shit you're right, it's stock trailer music. disappointed. now back on the skeptical train on whether or not they get a good theme for him. oh well movie looks fun at least, but that's a big blow for me :( kudos to them for picking it for the trailer though. i've liked the music in the last two marvel trailers more than the ones they compose for their films lol.

Scott Derrickson on magic:
"Magic is magic in this movie. It's not something that's explained away scientifically. It's not something that's easy to define. As magic should be. Magic should be mysterious. There's mystery to magic and there's mystery to the tone of the movie. Mystery is a good thing."
Source.

Thank fuck.

BLACKLAC

Benedict Cumberbatch talks Doctor Strange
http://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/benedict-cumberbatch-talks-doctor-strange-4/
“Some bits made me think, ‘Wow. God. That’s what I’m part of,’” he told us, after watching the Inception-style city bending. “You have conceptual art that they show you, but you only really realise what you’re part of at the end of the process. That’s not to say I didn’t enjoy the effects while we were shooting, because a lot of them were real elements, whether it was sets that make a room miniscule, or the costume designs.”
Cumberbatch also spoke glowingly of the Big Cape Moment, glimpsed in the trailer, where Strange whips his signature red costume around his shoulders in flamboyant fashion: “It was wonderful to see that moment get a cheer. He’s really earned it by then.”

"Community's" Dan Harmon Wrote Additional "Doctor Strange" Scenes

http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...harmon-wrote-additional-doctor-strange-scenes

You can add another "Community" alum to the ever-expanding ranks of Marvel Cinematic Universe masterminds. As The Hollywood Reporter has learned, "Community" creator and writer Dan Harmon has contributed to the script for the upcoming film "Doctor Strange."

THR notes that Harmon, best known for the fan favorite NBC (and later Yahoo) sitcom "Community" as well as the animated series "Rick and Morty," was tasked with writing "some additional last-minute scenes" for the film's reshoots. Harmon was apparently brought onto "Doctor Strange" after principal photography had wrapped. One source told THR that his scenes were for "additional photography." Harmon previously wrote the screenplay for 2006's "Monster House" and did uncredited work on 2008's "Kung Fu Panda."

I approve of this message.

The Kree

Banned
I agree, that top image is great, but it looks a little too hellscape-ish. A little more color would have been cool.

Top Bottom