• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Doctor Strange | Production Thread

Bloomers

shiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeet

ironically I got some serious batman begins/ inception vibes from that.

but dat art direction...

shiiiiiiiit

Cf5PTlqWQAAmdBu.jpg:large

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I like the bending of the visuals, still, I would love when we see something more like this:

strange.jpg

But maybe they safe it for later as an eye candy.

True point. Must be really outspoken to be on the same level as Stark on the threat Scale.
Someone had mentioned it before, but they were targeting everyone from White House personnel and Stark to a random guy in a park. It's not just current threats, it's also people who they predict could become threats. Kind of like how in DoFP, Sentinels started killing people who might have mutants grandchildren generations down the line

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Yeah, the algorithm targeted a bunch of seemingly random people based on potential threat for various reasons. Here's the convo from Winter Soldier:

Jasper Sitwell: Zola's algorithm is a program for choosing Insight's targets.
Steve Rogers: What targets?
Jasper Sitwell: You! A TV anchor in Cairo, the Under Secretary of Defense, a high school valedictorian in Iowa City, Bruce Banner, Stephen Strange, anyone who's a threat to HYDRA. Now, or in the future.
Steve Rogers: In the future? How could it know?
Jasper Sitwell: How could it not? The 21st century is a digital book. Zola told HYDRA how to read it. Your bank records, medical histories, voting patterns, emails, phone calls, your damn SAT scores! Zola's algorithm evaluates people's past to predict their future.
Steve Rogers: And what then?
Jasper Sitwell: Oh, my God. Pierce is gonna kill me.
Steve Rogers: What then?
Jasper Sitwell: Then the Insight helicarriers scratch people off the list. A few million at a time.

Christian

I don't get it, guys, they said Stephen Strange in Winter Soldier! That can only mean he was a huge threat during that movie and since, right?!

Layell

I don't get it, guys, they said Stephen Strange in Winter Soldier! That can only mean he was a huge threat during that movie and since, right?!

Either the film takes place across a number of years so as to skip his training, or perhaps pre-accident Strange was a huge arrogant surgeon, and who could have somehow been a threat (not that Zola's algorithm could have possibly predicted something like the mystical Dr. Strange).

Cronen

It looks like Doctor Strange has an October release for the UK. When I saw Civil War last weekend, the trailer ended with a 'Coming in October' tag. Looking on IMDb, they have the UK date down as 28th October (not sure how accurate this is, though).

Marvel films seem to be following a tradition of releasing in the UK/Europe a week or two prior to the US release..which is perfectly fine by me!

Since Strange is the first production without the Creative Committee and Ike, I wonder if Feige is pouring in the money to finally get a good composer, cinematographer and better post house.

Top Bottom