• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Homecoming | Production Thread

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
https://www.instagram.com/p/BLFBBWLDRk7/

According to Tom Holland, filming has wrapped.

7ZlarKf.jpg

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://schmoesknow.com/schmoes-exclusive-spider-man-homecoming-villain-details/44783/

‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Villain Details Revealed

We can confirm that there will in fact be three different villains in this latest adaptation of the Web Slinger; Vulture, Shocker and someone who will be more of an antagonist towards Peter (instead of Spider-Man). It’s already pretty clear, based on set photos leaked at the beginning of September that Bokeem Woodbine is playing Shocker in the film. So, that leaves either Michael Keaton or Marshall Green as The Vulture. Folks seem to be most interested in seeing Keaton as the iconic villain, (because it would be amazing!), and it makes the most sense, although it is far from a done deal. We do know that whoever isn’t playing The Vulture will be playing the third antagonist in the film.

This third ‘villain’ is a non-super powered character who butts heads with Peter in his everyday life. He also may be the new someone Aunt May begins dating in the film, a guy that Peter does not approve of. Whether or not the guy is actually bad or its just Peter’s prejudices clouding his judgement remains to be seen. My bets are on a teacher who comes in, trying to fill in the father role he feels is lacking in Peter’s life.

We’ve also been told that there will be a surprise appearance from a character that is central to the Spider-Man mythos, one who will play a larger role in upcoming films. We just can’t confirm who it is at this time.

My guess...

amazing+spider-man+131+aunt+may+wedding+dr+octopus.jpg

Hot take: the character who's supposedly antagonistic to Peter and is dating Aunt May I guess is Miles Warren.

Unless she's just dating the Tinkerer (I guess) and that website is just unaware we already know he's in the movie, because we already know of three villains in the film. Do these guys actually know anything?

The "surprise appearance" is probably MJ, but there could be Osborn or Brock. I'm still sort of half leaning on Glover being Eddie Brock, but that's maybe wishful thinking. Whatever character he's playing is obviously important but he's the only top billed actor we have absolutely no hint at all of who he's playing. At least with Daly we have a picture of her on set (not that the picture helped show who she was playing).

I want this movie to be out now. My inner Spider fanboy can't take the anticipation anymore.

SpaceWolf

Banned
The ending tag is Vincent D'Onofrio staring out of the window of a high-rise building, he turns around and says, "it's all connected", then cut to black.

I'd pass out in the cinema.

This isn't going to happen, though. Vincent and his Netflix ilk aren't getting anywhere near a Marvel related silver screen.

Neoxon

Did any news come out of Comic Con?
Nope, most of the big Marvel Studios news would usually be at San Diego Comic Con.

Either way, we may get some news near the end of this year. Depending on how quickly Marvel Studios & Sony Pictures can get a trailer together, we may see something attached to Star Wars: Rogue One at the earliest (Guardians Vol. 2 will likely have its first trailer attached to Doctor Strange).

Quick

Banned
Germany?

A scene (opening?) happening directly after the airport fight in Civil War maybe, then flash forward to present day 2017?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Doubledecker tour buses in NYC exist.
But they dont drive around the Brandenburger Tor there.

Its right next to the Reichstag and the place where they incarcenated Bucky and the american embassy is als directly next to this place, I think this is going to be a flashback set inbetween Peters arrival in Germany and their trip to the Leipzig Airport

The Kree

Banned

Its right next to the Reichstag and the place where they incarcenated Bucky and the american embassy is als directly next to this place, I think this is going to be a flashback set inbetween Peters arrival in Germany and their trip to the Leipzig Airport

The Civil War airport fight didn't take place at an actual airport either. Signs and buildings and cars can be altered in post production.

People are going to love seeing Tony give Peter his suit. Just to nail it home that Peter didn't make his suit in the MCU

Quick

Banned
The Civil War airport fight didn't take place at an actual airport either. Signs and buildings and cars can be altered in post production.

It doesn't make sense filming in Germany, specifically close to a landmark. And there's generally some blue/green screens set up for post-production effects.

Unless you're seriously fucking with us now lol

The Kree

Banned
But they did. There where a lot of news reports that they where filming at the Leipzig airport and there were even setpics.
Its a place that exists and they were there.

http://m.lvz.de/Kultur/Fotostrecken-Kultur/Captain-America-3-Dreharbeiten-in-Leipzig

I'm aware that it's a real place, but most of it was not shot at that real place.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/behind-the-scenes-of-that-epic-airport-battle-in-192033678.html

The scene took 30 days to shoot — 27 on a backlot at Pinewood Studios in suburban Atlanta, and three additional at Germany’s Leipzig Airport, where the confrontation actually takes place in the film.

All told, the battle was fought on three different continents — shot in Europe and North America, then outsourced to Asia for some of the effects (in addition to ILM work done in both San Francisco and Vancouver). Deleeuw guesstimated there were at least 500 FX coordinators who had some hand in it over the course of post, in case you’re wondering why Marvel’s end credits scroll so long.

I'm kinda recalling a Spider-man comic from like the seventies where Peter went to France with Robertson to and ended up having to save Jameson from Cyclone as Spider-man and had to come up with some ridiculously zany scheme to throw them off his track.

But I choose to believe these Germany scenes are flashbacks to Civil War, because don't they take a school trip to Washington DC in this? Two trips seem unnecessary and Spider-man was just in Germany in his last appearance.

I wonder if Tony is funding Peters school and that's how they afford all these trips

So not only does he provide him his suit but his education as well

#itsallconnected

Top Bottom