• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's 'Spider-Man' sold a record 3.3 million copies in the first three days of its release

Iced Arcade

Absolutely loving the game. spend the first bit just collecting the backpacks and landmarks. well deserved praise.

I don't think I would put it above the Arkham games though (well besides the god damn tank missions in knight)

Last edited:

MP!

These distinctions were always a bit fuzzy. (Remember "second party"?) But I see what you're getting at. The coupling seems even a little tighter than Bayonetta-Nintendo here.
Yeah I mean this was def. a partnership between sony and insomniac for sure... I'm just saying the stats can always be misleading when you fudge the numbers the right way. in this case remove the words "first party" and spiderman is no longer the fastest selling anything. Game's awesome... though .. seems to deserve all the praise... Its just odd to me they consider this a first party endeavor

Last edited:

Spid214

Neo Member
It would be criminal for them to scale down to Ratchet and Clank after this.

Plus the last game had a ton of issues for me. Insomniac is not suited for those kind of games anymore.
LOL Ratchet and Clank PS4 was Insomniac most successful game ever now being top by Spider-Man. So I think the chances are pretty high we will get more Ratchet and Clank. People also forget that Insomniac has 2 studios one being in North Carolina.

WaterAstro

LOL Ratchet and Clank PS4 was Insomniac most successful game ever now being top by Spider-Man. So I think the chances are pretty high we will get more Ratchet and Clank. People also forget that Insomniac has 2 studios one being in North Carolina.
Both studios had worked on the same game together as they did for the latest R&C and Spiderman.

Honestly, studios just need to retire their old franchises and work on new things. Bring them back up when people are nostalgic.

royox

Swinging around NYC in this game makes you feel like you are spiderman. For a fan like me it's a blast

thelastword

Banned
Spiderman will have about 3 weeks of coverage in the NPD for September, not only will it be number 1, it will decimate position number 2 and break many a records at that....Can't wait for what appears to be the most interesting NPD so far this year....

Spiderman will have about 3 weeks of coverage in the NPD for September, not only will it be number 1, it will decimate position number 2 and break many a records at that....Can't wait for what appears to be the most interesting NPD so far this year....
5 weeks.
The Friday release date is in September tracking period week 1.

So 4 Full weeks + the fist 2 days

thelastword

Banned
holy crap. congrats to all parties involved

yes it took batman to get to this point, but this MIGHT be the catalyst to kickstart a ton of other AAA development of comic (and other media) IPs.

just like the superhero trend in movies...i'm better we're gonna see more AAA games using already established franchises and less original.

good bye Ryse/Sunset Overdrive hello Superman/Xmen
Well perhaps it's time for Insomniac to realize where it's bread is buttered, great success on Ratchet and Clank and now crazy success on Spiderman, perhaps Ted will reconsider being acquired...I mean they've sought out other partnerships, but their Sony partnerships clearly nets them more coin ( Spartacus Reference) ;)

In any case, I'd love to see more super hero games, give me a Storm game (whydon'tyou) and I'd love a sequel to Wolverine 2009....

5 weeks.
The Friday release date is in September tracking period week 1.

So 4 Full weeks + the fist 2 days
Ehhh! Money...........Even more tracking time eh!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Well deserved!

One of the most pure fun to play games I’ve played in a while.

All the years that Activision had the Spiderman license and all they had to do was put a competent studio behind the game. Somebody over there must be kicking themselves.

Now can Sony go out there and get the Bond license and put an A-tier studio like Naughty Dog behind it please!

Last edited:

Enzo88

I beat the game, totally deserves all the sales.
It`s in my top 5 this year and the best super-hero game since Arkham Asylum in my opinion.

Dibils2k

I bet Xbox players wish they had supported Sunset Overdrive this well. Now it looks like Insomniac will become synonymous with PlayStation again.
i mean its not fair comparing a new IP to one of the biggest IPs in the world lol but it would have been interesting to see how Sunset Overdrive would have done if it was PS exclusive, i dont think the bad word of mouth on Xbox at the time helped

bigedole

All of the positivity will probably lead to me getting the game when the discounts come in for Black Friday probably. I haven't played Dad of War yet either, waiting for the same thing I guess...

Ixiah

Banned
But its an Single Player only game, Players dont want these kind of Games !
At least thats what EA keeps telling me.......

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I would like to add 2 more. Aaron Greenberg and Major Nelson.

They will be the Three Amigos come XO18 in Ciudad de México!

i-tre-amigos

Last edited:
Top Bottom