• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Masayori Oka (Heroes) to produce Mega Man film

Arkeband

Banned
How anyone could defend the Death Note adaptation with a straight face is frustrating. It is literally the epitome of manga-to-movie, disrespecting source material by turning a property with an established fanbase, lore, and characters into something worse. It's not even "so bad it's good", it's just utter filth moviemaking. Plot holes, awful audio, bad CGI, horrible script, meaningless tripe. It had absolutely nothing to say.

Whether that's Wingard's fault (it is) or Masi Oka's, they both share responsibility for the pile of shit they created. I normally wouldn't have much faith that a westernized Mega Man movie would work, but Oka being attached actually somehow makes me even less optimistic after Death Note.

PSqueak

Banned
badboxart-megaman-sfxt-gif.gif

You know, this makes me think...i wonder if the artist who did the bad box megaman 1 art knows the legacy and iconic status of their creation.

How anyone could defend the Death Note adaptation with a straight face is frustrating. It is literally the epitome of manga-to-movie, disrespecting source material by turning a property with an established fanbase, lore, and characters into something worse. It's not even "so bad it's good", it's just utter filth moviemaking. Plot holes, awful audio, bad CGI, horrible script, meaningless tripe. It had absolutely nothing to say.

I think it had something to say, just that you didn't like what it was saying.

Eh.. I don't know, live action doesn't look promising. If it's animated, then I probably would be intrigued to watch it. Either way I'll keep my eye out for it.. If it does go live action hopefully it won't turn out like the DBZ film.

I assume this guy is really big on games, as one year at E3 I was in an interview at Square Enix's stand and they temporarily paused my interview so the developers of whatever game it was (some Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts spin-off of some description - it was years ago) could go out and meet this guy, ha.

Top Bottom