• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then why is Italy being hit? Their diet is garlic based.

Oh dear! :messenger_open_mouth: (They're eating mostly cooked, non-activated garlic though. And as good as garlic is for you in general and as an antiviral agent, it's no immortality pill, of course. )

tenor.gif

Hero or Zero! :p

Last edited:

Liljagare

Nothing is under control , it’s save to say, WHO will call this a pandemic now and 1 week. For now Asia , but we can start preparing for the rest of the world . Or it should fizzle out don’t see that happening...

elderly and people with chronic disease should start thinking about boosting their health , with sport / eating / weight loss, to battle this. You should always do this btw.

give the body the tools To fight. I have seen first hand that someone in good health , beat the odds.

The virus also kills people with healthy immune systems and it does this by leaving influenza markers on it's host cell as it leaves it, mainly in the lungs.

Your own immune system can then go haywire and eat up your lungs cells, this also means that eventually, all sorts of regular bacteria and funghi spores has a better chance of also causing secondary infections.

This is the scary thing about viruses that like to propagate in your respitory system. There are indicators that it might actually be better, in this case, to have a slightly compromised immune system.

It seems the nr 1 thing with this new novel virus is, don't smoke, and don't live in a area that equals smoking with it's air quality, because your lungs might allready be compromised.

Last edited:
The only semi upside is we are getting Hopefully accurate records from the non asshole countries, so we should have a better grasp of what the virus is capable of.

Really the biggest issue lies in the secondary consequences of this. I feel confident in saying at least 90% of people should recover if they get this, and likely more. However if a large # come down with it at once, it's going to tax ANY medical system in ANY country and people will start dying when they shouldn't, and people will die of other things because all the resources are being taken up by flu victims. I don't even want to know how many people died in Wuhan from regular ailments in the past month.

People can't get their cancer treatment or dialisys or whatever.. It's a mess for people who don't even get the virus.

If countries can keep concurrent outbreaks in the hundreds we should be OK. If it gets in the thousands, God help us all.

Wvrs

In China the foreign teachers have been unable to work since the outbreak started and don't know when they will be able to work and the schools can't tell them. I'd prepare for that situation if I was you.

Will do. I'm employed by the government so there are provisions in my contract for situation such as this, worst case is I get 70% of pay for doing fuck all, most likely case if things get bad is that the kids don't come to school but I'm at my desk anyway just chilling.

Thankful I'm not employed with a private academy.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Early 40s in SK? Dude was probably healthy. We're fucked.
Might as well end it now right?

I mean since we are fucked, and the world is about to end and all?

Or, maybe, just maybe you are over reacting?

I hate to say this because I know it will trigger the fuck out of people, but healthy individuals in their 30s and 40s die of the flu too. It happens every year, and its caused by the cytokine storm. Looking at the data, I don't believe the percentages are wrong even if the numbers are artificially low. Look at the world numbers, the percentages mach the chinese numbers very well.

Or just ignore it and jump...

Think I am done with this thread, yall are starting to give in to panic.

If we enter our underground shelters for a few months we might survive the end

Yeah, I'm fucking done, all logic has left this thread. Have fun with your misery.

Last edited:

sinnergy

The virus also kills people with healthy immune systems and it does this by leaving influenza markers on it's host cell as it leaves it, mainly in the lungs.

Your own immune system can then go haywire and eat up your lungs cells, this also means that eventually, all sorts of regular bacteria and funghi spores has a better chance of also causing secondary infections.

This is the scary thing about viruses that like to propagate in your respitory system. There are indicators that it might actually be better, in this case, to have a slightly compromised immune system.

It seems the nr 1 thing with this new novel virus is, don't smoke, and don't live in a area that equals smoking with it's air quality, because your lungs might allready be compromised.
Doing sports and improving health will always give you better odds.

Last edited:

I hate to say this because I know it will trigger the fuck out of people, but healthy individuals in their 30s and 40s die of the flu too. It happens every year, and its caused by the cytokine storm. Looking at the data, I don't believe the percentages are wrong even if the numbers are artificially low. Look at the world numbers, the percentages mach the chinese numbers very well.

Yeah, I'm fucking done, all logic has left this thread. Have fun with your misery.

giphy.gif

and it continues

OTHER PLACESCasesDeathsNotesLinks
Diamond Princess634227 serious, 1 recoveredSource
South Korea60259 serious, 17 recoveredSource
Japan135*16 serious, 22 recoveredSource
Singapore8905 critical, 49 recoveredSource
Hong Kong7024 critical, 2 serious, 5 recoveredSource
Italy79218 seriousSource
Thailand3502 serious, 15 recoveredSource
United States3505 recoveredSource
Iran285Source
Taiwan2812 recoveredSource
Malaysia22017 recoveredSource
Australia22011 recoveredSource
Germany16014 recoveredSource
Vietnam16014 recoveredSource
UAE1302 serious, 3 recoveredSource
France1214 recoveredSource
Macau1005 recoveredSource
United Kingdom908 recoveredSource
Canada903 recoveredSource
Philippines312 recoveredSource
India303 recoveredSource
Russia202 recoveredSource
Spain202 recoveredSource
Nepal101 recoveredSource
Cambodia101 recoveredSource
Sri Lanka101 recoveredSource
Finland101 recoveredSource
Sweden10Source
Belgium101 recoveredSource
Egypt101 recoveredSource
Israel10Source
Lebanon10Source
TOTAL1,8842066 serious/critical

bitbydeath

If the flu was as deadly as the corona virus we would have died out a long time ago.

wow Italy is moving fast

Germany was early on and did not run away with 100 cases
France nope
UK nope

but Italy went in fast, what is going on?

Last edited:

sinnergy

wow Italy is moving fast

Germany was early on and did not run away with 100 cases
France nope
UK nope

but Italy went in fast, what is going on?
Symptoms cascade ... more than 3 weeks incubation does that ... when you have cases it’s often to late .. the other countries are lucky for now. And who says there are no infections in those countries or even mine (the Netherlands) this virus is hard to detect.

Last edited:

sinnergy

I seriously think they , world leaders do that on purpose, no body wants Hollywood movie stuff , panicking people , but my fear is, if you don’t educate your country they don’t have the tools to Lessen spread, like good hygiëne. And to show that your country is prepared, news bulletins, Amber like alerts with information on how to prepare. It now feels like we see it when it happens ..

to me this feels weird as we life in a world that makes it easy to educate with digital means.

Last edited:

Breakage

Woman is savagely beaten in Birmingham ‘coronavirus rage’ attack after stepping in to defend her Chinese friend from racist abuse

A woman was punched and knocked unconscious after she stepped in to defend her Chinese friend who was accused of carrying coronavirus.

Trainee lawyer Meera Solanki, from Solihull, was out with friends celebrating her 29th birthday at Birmingham's Ana Rocha Bar and Gallery on Frederick Street.

Miss Solanki was inside the venue with her friends including Mandy Huang, 28, who was visiting from London, when the group were targeted by a group of Asian men.

Miss Solanki said: 'I was having birthday drinks with a group of of girls and guys including Chinese friends.

'There were a group of Asian men inside the venue - one of them kept coming up to me and harassing me. He seemed to have a problem with me being an Indian girl with a multi-racial group of friends,' she told The Sunday Mercury.

Miss Solanki added: 'We tried to ignore him, even when he tried to spit at one of my friends.

'Towards the end of the night - there was just the three of us girls left including my Chinese friend Mandy.

She continued: 'The man came over again and was being aggressive so we left but he followed us.

For some reason he got really angry with her. He started abusing her calling her a dirty c****.

'He said 'take your f****** coronavirus and take it back home.'

Miss Solanki told how she was 'shocked and angry' and shouted at the man to stop while she tried to push him away.

'He punched me in the head, I hit the pavement and was knocked unconcious,' Miss Solanki said.

The only semi upside is we are getting Hopefully accurate records from the non asshole countries, so we should have a better grasp of what the virus is capable of.

Really the biggest issue lies in the secondary consequences of this. I feel confident in saying at least 90% of people should recover if they get this, and likely more. However if a large # come down with it at once, it's going to tax ANY medical system in ANY country and people will start dying when they shouldn't, and people will die of other things because all the resources are being taken up by flu victims. I don't even want to know how many people died in Wuhan from regular ailments in the past month.

People can't get their cancer treatment or dialisys or whatever.. It's a mess for people who don't even get the virus.

If countries can keep concurrent outbreaks in the hundreds we should be OK. If it gets in the thousands, God help us all.

Life is dangerous! :p

But yes, when things break down, it's a great opportunity to let go of that sense of control we tend to carry around and cling to. Liberate from the illusion and release the need for (imaginary) security. There is none to be found. Be free and at peace and allow the transient to "transiate". (I just made up a new word. Take that Oxford. :p)

Woman is savagely beaten in Birmingham ‘coronavirus rage’ attack after stepping in to defend her Chinese friend from racist abuse

A woman was punched and knocked unconscious after she stepped in to defend her Chinese friend who was accused of carrying coronavirus.

Trainee lawyer Meera Solanki, from Solihull, was out with friends celebrating her 29th birthday at Birmingham's Ana Rocha Bar and Gallery on Frederick Street.

Miss Solanki was inside the venue with her friends including Mandy Huang, 28, who was visiting from London, when the group were targeted by a group of Asian men.

Miss Solanki said: 'I was having birthday drinks with a group of of girls and guys including Chinese friends.

'There were a group of Asian men inside the venue - one of them kept coming up to me and harassing me. He seemed to have a problem with me being an Indian girl with a multi-racial group of friends,' she told The Sunday Mercury.

Miss Solanki added: 'We tried to ignore him, even when he tried to spit at one of my friends.

'Towards the end of the night - there was just the three of us girls left including my Chinese friend Mandy.

She continued: 'The man came over again and was being aggressive so we left but he followed us.

For some reason he got really angry with her. He started abusing her calling her a dirty c****.

'He said 'take your f****** coronavirus and take it back home.'

Miss Solanki told how she was 'shocked and angry' and shouted at the man to stop while she tried to push him away.

'He punched me in the head, I hit the pavement and was knocked unconcious,' Miss Solanki said.

Fucking white racist men!

/s

vpance

Forget consoles, I want this iMask.

dyson%20patent_0.jpg

AO%20mask.jpg

Earlier this month, we noted how Dyson patented a wearable air purifier that can also be used as headphones.

Now Ao Air's Atmos Faceware is the next generation of maks to block germs up to 50 times better than traditional masks currently on the market, reported AUT BioDesign Lab.

The company commissioned its own study (note: the research isn't published nor peer-reviewed) describes how Atmos Faceware is a much better solution against particulate matter than standard air filter mask certified by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health.

Ao Air claims Atmos Faceware is unlike traditional face masks because it doesn't require an airtight seal to be effective.

The new mask is considered an expensive choice and could be worn by the upper class while everyone else resorts to cheap 3M N95 masks. The new mask is expected to retail around $350-$400 this summer.

https://www.zerohedge.com/technolog...ce-build-next-generation-facewear-block-germs

cryptoadam

Banned
Wolrd war z here we come.

Israel has stooped travel from japan and SK. Bith countries are upset and called their ambassadors.

Next is finishing the giant wall around Israel to keep out the infected lol.

Wolrd war z here we come.

Israel has stooped travel from japan and SK. Bith countries are upset and called their ambassadors.

Next is finishing the giant wall around Israel to keep out the infected lol.

they are upset because they gave them no warning ahead of time planes of hundreds of people landed and was fueled and sent back to where they came from.

Just RUDELY done.

vpance

Of course it's a Dyson, it's supposed to look futuristic so they can put a 10x bigger price tag on it.

You're going to be lynched in poorer neighborhoods lol.

Poor neighborhoods will be a lost cause. I just need this when doing supply runs.

I can't keep up with Italy and South Korea

Three people are dead and 152 are infected with the novel coronavirus in Italy

So Italy just went ahead of Japan if you don't count the cruise ship

cryptoadam

Banned
they are upset because they gave them no warning ahead of time planes of hundreds of people landed and was fueled and sent back to where they came from.

Just RUDELY done.

Its getting crazy in the middle east. Afghanistan, Pakistan, Armenia and Turkey have closed their borders with Iran

A Korean delegation was in the West Bank, so the PA now shut down everywhere they went.

At least they aren't screwing around over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom