• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.
OTHER PLACESCasesDeathsNotesLinks
Diamond Princess705436 serious, 10 recoveredSource
South Korea1,7661313 serious, 5 critical, 24 recoveredSource
Italy4531219 serious, 3 recovered Source
Japan207*413 serious, 32 recoveredSource
Iran14122Source
Singapore9307 critical, 58 recoveredSource
Hong Kong9224 critical, 2 serious, 18 recoveredSource
United States6006 recoveredSource
Thailand4002 serious, 15 recoveredSource
Taiwan3215 recoveredSource
Malaysia22017 recoveredSource
Australia23015 recoveredSource
Germany2602 critical, 15 recoveredSource
Vietnam16016 recoveredSource
UAE1302 serious, 3 recoveredSource
United Kingdom1508 recoveredSource
France1821 serious, 11 recoveredSource
Canada1203 recoveredSource
Macau1006 recoveredSource
Bahrain330Source
Kuwait430Source
Iraq60Source
Philippines312 recoveredSource
India303 recoveredSource
Russia202 recoveredSource
Spain1402 recoveredSource
Oman40Source
Nepal101 recoveredSource
Cambodia101 recoveredSource
Sri Lanka101 recoveredSource
Finland201 recoveredSource
Sweden20Source
Belgium101 recoveredSource
Egypt101 recoveredSource
Israel20Source
Lebanon20Source
Afghanistan10Source
Austria20Source
Croatia30Source
Switzerland40Source
Algeria10Source
Brazil10Source
Greece10Source
Pakistan20Source
North Macedonia10Source
Georgia10Source
Norway10Source
Romania10Source
Denmark10Source
Estonia10Source
TOTAL3,88661106 serious/critical

Cato

Banned
not really good news most of them will just not bother with the effectively part and ignore the beard cutting step, humans are stupid like pussies who buy ammo instead of more water for survival

I am counting on them not cutting their beards. That is the whole reason this is GOOD news instead of just being normal news.

Ma-Yuan

The Robert Koch Institute (Germany) who was downplaying this thing just 4 weeks ago now admits its serious says is more deadly then the flu (finally). They more or less advise the nonsense the media is spreading or the government.

Wwg1wga

❌❌Shocking video footage out of China shows a woman who is trying to escape the coronavirus quarantine falling to her death from a high rise building.

Last edited:
The Robert Koch Institute (Germany) who was downplaying this thing just 4 weeks ago now admits its serious says is more deadly then the flu (finally). They more or less advise the nonsense the media is spreading or the government.

Where in that video do they say this?

CJY

Banned
There is almost zero interest in any country being completely transparent about their numbers. Strong corporate lobbying will shut down information fast after an initial surge of information. The transparent countries are those that don't rely on tourism and have strong procedures and technology in place to combat this virus... Namely, Korea and Singapore. The countries less-equipped stay quiet.

Italy have agreed to subsidize taxes and bills for the time people are in quarantine. They have to follow through because they made it public. Imagine having to do that for the whole country. They'll be broke. US are fucked if there is a major breakout there. People will get their guns out to prevent themselves being quarantined. FREEDOM!!!

Mato

Second carrier has been found in Greece. Apparently the mother who was the first carrier has passed it onto her child. Multiple family members and friends are now checked. The kid's school has been shut down.

edit - and a 3rd one, this time in Athens.

Last edited:

Ma-Yuan

Where in that video do they say this?

Here is a summary.

Auch die Sterberate von ein bis zwei Prozent, von der nach aktuellen Zahlen auszugehen sei, sei hoch. Betroffen seien davon besonders alte und “hochaltrige” Menschen sowie Menschen mit komprimiertem Immunsystem. Zum Vergleich: Bei der “normalen” Grippe liege die Mortalität meist bei ungefähr 0,2 Prozent. Zudem gebe es auf absehbare Zeit keinen Impfstoff. Die gute Nachricht sei, dass in China aktuell gute und zahlreiche Studien unternommen würden, welche Therapien wirken.

Yeah, this is about to go out of control. I expect all the countries in that list to be in the hundreds, if not thousands, of cases in the next few weeks.

sinnergy

ATM there are no infections in my country (Holland), but the infected couple lived very close to our border (and my town) like 40km... :messenger_downcast_sweat:

But it is big news here, and people are worried ofc.
There is a local news site I follow,

I live in Holland also, but I bet it’s already here and infecting. As our government seems to be slacking. RIVM (Dutch CDC) says it’s only contagious when you have symptoms... all is fine otherwise 👍🏻 They must have not followed the news or the medical community.

I live near the German border.

Last edited:

D-Dude

I live in Holland also, but I bet it’s already here and infecting. As our government seems to be slacking. RIVM (Dutch CDC) says it’s only contagious when you have symptoms... all is fine otherwise 👍🏻 They must have not followed the news or the medical community.

I live near the German border.

I live very close to the border too. Friday is my last day for work, then I have 12 days vacation, including my gf. So, we will live as hermits :messenger_relieved:
I have stocked up for three weeks, after that we will see.

betrayal

Banned
I am aware that some prefer to see the world end as soon as new expected outbreaks have been detected somewhere in the world. But here are the current numbers as statistics divided into China and the rest of the world.
The statistics for China clearly show that the spread of COVID-19 is very well prevented, despite a general R0 value of 1.4 to 4 for this virus (general info about what R0 is: https://www.healthline.com/health/r-nought-reproduction-number). If the figures for China are correct, then China is on the verge of containing the outbreak and bringing the disease under control there. According to the figures from China, the R0 value currently tends to be less than 1, which usually leads to the extinction of the disease.

For the rest of the world there is a slight increase due to the many tests for COVID-19. Compared to China, the rest of the world has a better starting position than China. What they do with it will be seen and it will depend on the actions that countries take.

The WHO now assumes that China has passed the peak of the disease. This is slightly positive, even if the situation is still critical and everything can go to shit within a few days. But right now, this is were we are at.

New confirmed and recovered cases (worldwide):
ZSZXRll.png

Development of the number of infections in China and worldwide:
HUOC96K.png

Source: https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Last edited:

jts

...hate me...
I wouldn't have much of an issue with a stay-at-home period, as long as the government organized supplies distribution and masks and shit for people to come and get them.

As long as there would be a clear goal in mind of halting this virus, and after that new rules and habits could be introduced for travelling, trade and shit.

I just feel like the economy *can't* take the hit so the denial for a social overhaul will continue for as long as humanly possible.

sinnergy

I am aware that some prefer to see the world end as soon as new expected outbreaks have been detected somewhere in the world. But here are the current numbers as statistics divided into China and the rest of the world.
The statistics for China clearly show that the spread of COVID-19 is very well prevented, despite a general R0 value of 1.4 to 4 for this virus (general info about what R0 is: https://www.healthline.com/health/r-nought-reproduction-number). If the figures for China are correct, then China is on the verge of containing the outbreak and bringing the disease under control there. According to the figures from China, the R0 value currently tends to be less than 1, which usually leads to the extinction of the disease.

For the rest of the world there is a slight increase due to the many tests for COVID-19. Compared to China, the rest of the world has a better starting position than China. What they do with it will be seen and it will depend on the actions that countries take.

The WHO now assumes that China has passed the peak of the disease. This is slightly positive, even if the situation is still critical and everything can go to shit within a few days. But right now, this is were we are at.

New confirmed and resolved cases (worldwide):
ZSZXRll.png

Development of the number of infections in China and worldwide:
HUOC96K.png

Source: https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6
Because of abnormal actions 🤣 if unchecked this would wreck whole continents! But thanks for the positive note! The virus is a real danger, don’t down play it.

Last edited:

betrayal

Banned
yes charts will save us all

These charts only show what your numbers, which you or BNO publish, mean by and large. If you don't like the charts, write to BNO and tell them to publish other numbers or just post some numbers you came up with yourself.

You may not like it and that's bad news for you, but it looks like you and every registered NeoGAF member are very likely to survive COVID-19.

That would also be the case, by the way, if many millions would die from the virus in the next three months.

Last edited:
These charts only show what your numbers, which you or BNO publish, mean by and large. If you don't like the charts, write to BNO and tell them to publish other numbers or just post some numbers you came up with yourself.

You may not like it and that's bad news for you, but it looks like you and every registered NeoGAF member are very likely to survive COVID-19.

That would also be the case, by the way, if many millions would die from the virus in the next three months.

Don't waste your energy and save the drama for someone else. No human alive is immune to death, we will all die someday.
I don't have to make up those numbers.

The theme of this thread is to follow a very destructive force in Nature. It is no different than Hurricane season threads. It is just following how nature fucks with the everyday hubris of humans. You can downplay it but it does not mean you will avoid it even when chances are you'll die from something else.

Last edited:
information is power my friend.

Charts wont save us, but can provide us with knowledge we can use to make decisions.

Talking the truth while saying nothing at all, we all use infographics, polls, and charts to push our own narratives. That is hardly the height of wisdom, it is just another bullshit thing we all do in life.

Knowledge seekers speak from facts not absolutes.

We have been posting numbers and charts in this thread for over a month and most of us are clear headed enough to undersrtand we are not getting the truth of it just a glimspe. Not all the numbers but what they want to give us. You can't get on the I KNOW IT ALL train from half the story.

betrayal

Banned
Don't waste your energy and save the drama for someone else. No human alive is immune to death, we will all die someday.
I don't have to make up those numbers.

The theme of this thread is to follow a very distructive force in Nature. It is no different than Hurricane season threads. It is just following how nature fucks with the everyday hubris of humans. You can downplay it but it does not mean you will avoid it even when chances are you'll die from something else.

That's not what i was talking about. I have no problems with dying to whatever (stupid) reasons. But I find the panic-mongering exaggerated and doomsday scenarios absolutely out of place here.
The whole thread reads mostly like the end of the world and I'm sure there are more than a handful of people here who actually have more than a few fears. But the problem is that the thread, or rather the conclusions made from the available data, completely lose sight of the context and therefore these unrealistic conclusions are drawn.

Apart from that, this is not a regional event like the hurricane season, where 90% of the people have nothing to do with it and just post random shit and memes. This issue, COVID-19, can and will actually affect us all in some way (economically, through traveling, our health, ...).

Last edited:

betrayal

Banned
Talking the truth while saying nothing at all, we all use infographics, polls, and charts to push our own narratives. That is hardly the height of wisdom, it is just another bullshit thing we all do in life.

Knowledge seekers speak from facts not absolutes.

We have been posting numbers and charts in this thread for over a month and most of us are clear headed enough to undersrtand we are not getting the truth of it just a glimspe. Not all the numbers but what they want to give us. You can't get on the I KNOW IT ALL train from half the story.

The charts are based on all official figures published to date. These figures are certainly more likely true than statements such as "In China 1000 people die of COVID-19 every day", "The USA has no interest in testing for the virus" or "The government of xy is suppressing the truth".

Last edited:

nush

'Pro-China youtuber' turns against local government and Chinese coronavirus response, but not for the reasons you might think; I think I have to agree with him.

Iran has received 50,000 free testing kits from china.

"Turns against local government"

Front loads every country is rightly pointing fingers at China, and that's not fair.

The mildest criticism of China

Won't film in public in case he's overheard saying the "wrong" thing.

Continues to shit on more popular Youtubers.

Business as usual for the Youtuber Panda bears in China.

That's not what i was talking about. I have no problems with dying to whatever (stupid) reasons. But I find the panic-mongering exaggerated and doomsday scenarios absolutely out of place here.
The whole thread reads mostly like the end of the world and I'm sure there are more than a handful of people here who actually have more than a few fears. But the problem is that the thread, or rather the conclusions made from the available data, completely lose sight of the context and therefore these unrealistic conclusions are drawn.

Apart from that, this is not a regional event like the hurricane season, where 90% of the people have nothing to do with it and just post random shit and memes. This issue, COVID-19, can and will actually affect us all in some way (economically, through traveling, our health, ...).

Stop with the pretend logic. Most of us here are just troll posting and you should not be taking everything we post as what we are thinking or feeling IRL. You fail to understand human nature. Even your own flawed reaction to our reactions here is part of that nature.

We post here and act up like fools, post numbers, post 'just a flu' out of our own human Anxieties.

This is how we all cope with drama outside of our control, it does not mean we are fools but we are just sharing with others witnessing the same shit.

If this triggers you too badly the best I can tell you is to fuck off and let people have their release, you have no clue what someone might need to help them get through the fucking day. If it helps them to post in this thread let them be.

Who the fuck are you to say what is out of place? We are looking at a very unnatural event and reacting to it as humans do.

Let the politicians downplay and spin.

Last edited:
The charts are based on all official figures published to date. These figures are certainly more likely true than statements such as "In China 1000 people die of COVID-19 every day", "The USA has no interest in testing for the virus" or "The government of xy is suppressing the truth".

All of that can be true, and all of that can be wrong at the very same time. It depends on what the facts are and we will never really know that. If you want to play with half the data and call it the whole picture you are free to do so. But don't expect us to follow and step in line.

You are trying hard to push structure into chaos. You are wasting energy.

At least now I know you suffer from depression. I hope you have a good treatment plan.

Best of luck buddy.

Yes, fuck you too buddy /wink

see be honest, I respect honest. Dismissing someone because of mental health issues is always a mistake made by fools who think they are thinking clearly themselves.

Reactions: GHG

eot

Banned
First confirmed case in Vienna was admitted to the hospital 10 days ago, only tested positive today. Second case has tested positive, but they are waiting for more test results before declaring it a confirmed case.

First confirmed case in Vienna was admitted to the hospital 10 days ago, only tested positive today. Second case has tested positive, but they are waiting for more test results before declaring it a confirmed case.

Same in California was not tested due to 'The Charts'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom