• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hypochondria?

XX6JnyI.png

CrapSandwich

former Navy SEAL
That's a must-read. Some key points:

• "From mid-March to mid-September, U.S. total deaths have reached 1.7 million, of which 200,000, or 12% of total deaths,"
About 2.9 million deaths expected this year in the US before the pandemic appeared (USA Today deaths per year for the doubters).
  • "Surprisingly, the deaths of older people stayed the same before and after COVID-19."
  • "In fact, the percentages of deaths among all age groups remain relatively the same."
  • "This trend is completely contrary to the pattern observed in all previous years. Interestingly, as depicted in the table below, the total decrease in deaths by other causes almost exactly equals the increase in deaths by COVID-19. This suggests, according to Briand, that the COVID-19 death toll is misleading. Briand believes that deaths due to heart diseases, respiratory diseases, influenza and pneumonia may instead be recategorized as being due to COVID-19."
  • “All of this points to no evidence that COVID-19 created any excess deaths. Total death numbers are not above normal death numbers. We found no evidence to the contrary,” Briand concluded.
  • "When asked whether the public should be informed about this exaggeration in death numbers, Dharmasena stated that people have a right to know the truth. However, COVID-19 should still continuously be treated as a deadly disease to safeguard the vulnerable population."

This is mind exploding stuff. Of course we know that defining a cause of death usually isn't as simple as it would be with a gunshot victim due to compounding factors and chains of causality. For example, someone dies of a sepsis infection and cause of death is listed as such. Is that really the cause? Or was it the alcoholism that led to the sepsis? Or the divorce that led to the alcoholism? Maybe that's too abstract an example. But here in the case of covid, it appears that the misclassification of deaths has to be absolutely massive.

Anyways, here's the archive of the article if anyone wants to read:

diffusionx

Gold Member
Yep, saw that, just came here to report that The Ministry of Truth seems to have gotten to them, but you beat me to it.

They just outright deleted it, without specifically refuting a single aspect of the content. We're headed down a dark path as a society.
Reminds me of this:

Dentist website wrote in 2016 an article about how masks weren’t useful, but was deleted this year not because of new evidence or studies but because of the “climate.”

you can still find the article reprinted but that was the original source.

If you read the article you will note it is a handy summary of the history and science of mask wearing over the course of decades leading to the conclusion in the headline. Note this is what they call science, self censoring and deleting articles that go against their narrative.

Last edited:

sinnergy

Numbers are seriously going in the right direction only 2400 deaths a day in the USA ! Keep fighting the good fight ! Together you will manage ! Imagine it would have been 4800 deaths a day ! You guys aren’t there . All thanks to following the simple rules , don’t travel for thanksgiving for example, wash our hands often and work from home if possible. Great 👍🏻

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
Numbers are seriously going in the right direction only 2400 deaths a day in the USA ! Keep fighting the good fight ! Together you will manage ! Imagine it would have been 4800 deaths a day ! You guys aren’t there . All thanks to following the simple rules , don’t travel for thanksgiving for example, wash our hands often and work from home if possible. Great 👍🏻
Nobody traveled for Thanksgiving, they all went to countrywide BLM protests. The virus doesn’t spread at BLM protests.

Last edited:
H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Outdoor protests do indeed have far less potential for infection then sitting indoors around a table.

The protests may be outdoors but they do tend to involve a lot of screaming into the faces of police officers while not wearing masks. That kind of thing is probably a fairly large infection vector.

Saruhashi

Banned
Outdoor protests do indeed have far less potential for infection then sitting indoors around a table.

Explain.

I sit at home with 8 family members from 3 households. We don't attend if we have symptoms.

I go to a protest where I encounter 100s if not 1000s of individuals. Shouting, chanting, brushing against each other where the crowd has a "bottleneck". I have no control over who attends etc. No control even over how people travelled to the protest.

I have less risk attending the protest? Let's hear the logic there.

The protests may be outdoors but they do tend to involve a lot of screaming into the faces of police officers while not wearing masks. That kind of thing is probably a fairly large infection vector.

Maybe but there are no rises in positive tests in the weeks following the protests in a place like Philadephia.

Cases should have skyrocketed early June but they did not.

Saruhashi

Banned
Your canadian statistics means nothing to us

Canada is like country with just a...38 m people ? In such a huge areas?

Such statistic is irrelevant to a densely populated country

Its not irrelevant since the statistics regarding demographics, specifically age, look to be the same across a range of geographical regions.

Since the beginning of this we knew that the most vulnerable people were those over a certain age.

Focusing on this specific age groups would have narrowed the scope of attempts to prevent deaths.

Its been 9 months now and we are still look at all these deaths every day wondering how to prevent them when we know exactly who is most likely to die.

At times it feels like we are wilfully ignoring deaths in nursing homes etc and pretending like some kids having a house party are all going to die and take the rest of us out with them.

Saruhashi

Banned
We will be ok. I’m not going to whine about people seeing their families because it might make my job harder. I hope people don’t get sick. I just don’t think whining about people getting together with family is a good idea.

I think people don't appreciate or understand the case by case personal circumstances other people are faced with.

I wonder how many people have just spent their last Thanksgiving sitting alone at home away from family because of this situation. I wonder how many families will look back and think they should have just rolled the dice with Covid because grandma died anyway and we just left her to die alone because it was "the right thing to do".

There should have always been an attempt at balance here. Try to protect those who are most vulnerable but also do not take away people's freedoms.

If people want to take the risk then that's on them. If others are scared then let them isolate and support them in that decision.

Media is focused on fear and judgement when they should be focused on information, reassurance and education.

Shit, once people get into those high 80s and 90s years they probably don't have a lot of living left to do.

I wouldn't want to have to live with not visiting family and then down the line it turns out this was the last opportunity. Though I would also not want to live with potentially infecting them either.

Theres no good solution, really. Can we really blame those who have decided just to travel?

Last edited:

Lupingosei

Banned
At least the whole Corona thing has shown us something. If we face something like the Spanish flu again, we are fucked. We are talking 100+ million deaths worldwide.

We always thought the WHO and the states would be able to handle something like this, but even with something like Corona they failed. (except Taiwan, Korea, and Japan)

The emperor wears no clothes.

Techies

Not if you live in the EU or US.
I'm 99% certain Covid19 is seasonal at this point. So instead of one person infecting one other person on average per day. It's closer to 1 person infecting 1.05->1.10 a day.

And this starts at Autumn. Only thing that counters it would be herd immunity to keep it at 1:1, otherwise:

You can expect New York to hit 7k cases by December per day.
Hopefully people will wake up soon and see this pattern, because not only does it mean not locking down during Spring/Summer, it would also mean one could scale Field Hospitals ahead of time.

Hey look, I'm capable of predicting the future !!! 6938 cases as of today.

cryptoadam

Banned
Hey look, I'm capable of predicting the future !!! 6938 cases as of today.

Ya but if NY had no Jews they wouldn't have any cases.

Hopefully Cuomo can work on that. Maybe some trains or camps where they concentrate. He already did a great job with the elderly.

diffusionx

Gold Member
It is incredible how I go on twitter and see replies to blue checks and it is constant kvetching about masks and shit.

Even while the fake case counts are going up basically everywhere, people are still clinging onto their faith in the almighty mask and other religious symbols of this.

cryptoadam

Banned
It is incredible how I go on twitter and see replies to blue checks and it is constant kvetching about masks and shit.

Even while the fake case counts are going up basically everywhere, people are still clinging onto their faith in the almighty mask and other religious symbols of this.

Its amazing.

Why don't people just stay home whats the big deal. Oh my god can't people just like watch netflix and borrow their dads BMW!

Its interesting how COVID is kind of becoming a scarlet letter in a way. Only those evil wrong thinkers who don't wear masks and spend time with their family catch it. Like COVID is some sort of karmic punishment for not following the 10 commandments of the RONA.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Its amazing.

Why don't people just stay home whats the big deal. Oh my god can't people just like watch netflix and borrow their dads BMW!

Its interesting how COVID is kind of becoming a scarlet letter in a way. Only those evil wrong thinkers who don't wear masks and spend time with their family catch it. Like COVID is some sort of karmic punishment for not following the 10 commandments of the RONA.

Yea, it's basically become that, if you get sick with the COVID, it is because you angered the gods, like in Ancient Greece.

It's just become such a weird thing. Even with the vaccine how does a society that has become so completely unglued function after this? My only hope is that the vast majority of these people are NPCs and would forget about it about 20 minutes after CNN stops talking about it.

Last edited:
Yea, it's basically become that, if you get sick with the COVID, it is because you angered the gods, like in Ancient Greece.

It's just become such a weird thing. Even with the vaccine how does a society that has become so completely unglued function after this? My only hope is that the vast majority of these people are NPCs and would forget about it about 20 minutes after CNN stops talking about it.
Of course. Science is god now. It's omnipotent. Science knows when you misbehave. So of course if you disobey its edicts, passed down by the "expert" priests, you are subject to science's wrath, in this case, COVID.

cryptoadam

Banned

Actually thats exactly what they are.

Look what happened over the summer with the BLM stuff.

As soon as TV man and Uncle Jack told them that "racial justice" was more dangerous than COVID, they forgot all about the RONA and gathered in the 10's of thousands. And they even did the reverse shaming where instead of gathering in groups your a grandma killer, now if you DIDNT gather in groups your a black man killer.

And now those same people who went out and protested and scolded your for silence is violence, are doing the opposite.

GF dies=Go out and protest or else you are spreading the dangerous racism virus
After that=Stay home and don't meet anyone or else you are spreading the dangerous grandma killer virus.

sinnergy

Remember when this thread had useful information instead of conspiracy theories 🤣🤡

anyway lock downs are thrown out there left and right ! Good luck LA, obey the rules and stay save .

Joe T.

Remember when this thread had useful information instead of conspiracy theories 🤣🤡

The PCR test “is unable to determine, beyond reasonable doubt, that such positivity result corresponds, in fact, to the infection of a person by the SARS-CoV-2 virus”, said the Lisbon Court of Appeal.

r_Lit20kUoG_tnNa-XmSVfGAh7KnVWJnVcjjWcZ3Rqk.gif

Are [some of] you guys done with the conspiracy theories? Like it or not, vaccination is the only solution going forward.

Some of the research isn't peer-reviewed yet so best not to draw conclusions yet. We all know what happened with the hydroxychloroquine hype, turn out to be ineffective and have some serious side-effects.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Are [some of] you guys done with the conspiracy theories? Like it or not, vaccination is the only solution going forward.

Some of the research isn't peer-reviewed yet so best not to draw conclusions yet. We all know what happened with the hydroxychloroquine hype, turn out to be ineffective and have some serious side-effects.
How is it a “conspiracy theory” if all the things discussed are objective fact? Literally the only refutation the coronabros have about the bogus PCR tests, the misuse of data, the total devastation of small businesses, the rise in bogus case counts even with high mask usage, the inflated mortality rate, the skew of deaths, the talk about great reset, is “it’s a conspiracy theory!”

Last edited:

WoJ

I've wondered this too, but I really think it is as simple as the fact that most people have the memory of a goldfish and as soon as we/they stop being told COVID is the end of the world people will forget. Me personally, my masks are going into the trash the second these stupid mandates go away. I know a lot of people have a similar mentality. I could care less about social distancing anymore. I don't go out of my way to get close to people (I hated people before COVID). But walking past someone on the sidewalk for 2 seconds isn't going to cause one of us to get COVID, now or ever unless I sneeze on them. So I've stopped trying to walk around people.

There's also a lot of money at stake. The entertainment industry is hemorrhaging money and there are a lot of rich influential people there. At some point those people will get tired of losing money and push leaders to pull back restrictions so they can make money.

For example - the NBA came out a couple of weeks ago and said that they basically won't make it through the 2021-22 season with the inability to pack arenas because of how much their business model relies on stadium revenue. It's the same in other sports and entertainment venues. The NHL has talked about pushing the start date of their season back farther basically because they can't afford to run a season with no fans in the stands.

I personally don't care about either of these sports, but I have little doubt that these things will come into play and suddenly case counts will either nose dive or not be reported on. If there is a spike in COVID, it will be compared to a bad flu season. From a psychological standpoint you can't pack arenas for of people with masks either because people are scared or because people like me want nothing to do with the experience of being in an arena for a concert or sporting event wearing a mask for three hours.

Money talks, and eventually will take over. These rich influential people in entertainment will only want to hemorrhage money for so long. With a vaccine coming out it's going to be hard to keep the charade going much longer.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
The elite, most powerful people on the planet: we must use this coronavirus to implement the great reset

peasant rabble: the most powerful people on the planet are using the Coronavirus to implement the great reset

coronabros: the idea that the most powerful people on the planet are using coronavirus to implement the great reset is a conspiracy theory

seriously what’s the matter with you people

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
I do think it's a bit strange that we are throwing everything we can at covid patients (zinc, vit b, c, d, remdesivir, azithromycin, convalescent plasma, etc) and we don't really know how effective any of it is, if any of it works at all. The only thing we don't give them is plaquenil, largely for political reasons. It would be a shame, and by that I really mean disgraceful, if we find out in the future it does have benefits for those suffering from covid. We all need to do our jobs and tone down the political rhetoric and stay as objective as possible to prevent things like this from happening.

Loki

Count of Concision

Has anyone else noticed the beginnings of a discrediting campaign against all non-Pfizer vaccines? Coincidentally, Pfizer is by FAR the largest company producing a vaccine, and it is also the only one (I believe) using the mRNA delivery method. In the last several days I’ve seen articles on how Astra-Zeneca’s vaccine efficacy data may be incorrect and now the above re: Moderna. AZ’s vaccine is much cheaper, too, and doesn’t require expensive and sensitive handling/storage techniques. Yet I haven’t seen anything in the MSM about how dubious Pfizer’s methodology was for determining efficacy, the paltry size of their sample groups, or any concerns about the heretofore unused mRNA delivery method. It’s almost like they want all roads to lead to Pfizer. For “some” reason...

EDIT: And large companies like Amazon/Walmart who have made out like bandits during this crisis should DEFINITELY be forced to pay into a relief fund for small businesses. But that will never even be explored or mentioned.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
I do think it's a bit strange that we are throwing everything we can at covid patients (zinc, vit b, c, d, remdesivir, azithromycin, convalescent plasma, etc) and we don't really know how effective any of it is, if any of it works at all. The only thing we don't give them is plaquenil, largely for political reasons. It would be a shame, and by that I really mean disgraceful, if we find out in the future it does have benefits for those suffering from covid. We all need to do our jobs and tone down the political rhetoric and stay as objective as possible to prevent things like this from happening.

This is, unfortunately, what real "science" looks like. We just have to see how it goes. The fact is, this is a new thing, and we are trying to work it out. It is why this idea that only CNN-approved "experts" are "science" is so abhorrent, they don't know any more than any other person, and in fact, they might know quite a bit less than a doctor actually dealing with patients on a day to day basis.

What happens during and after the great reset?

We live in pods, own nothing, and eat insect paste for sustenance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom