• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

prag16

Banned
On a similar note, our elected officials are supposed to represent the will of the people. At least here in American they are supposed to. Those of you who champion lock downs and think this is no big deal, do you actually believe government reflects the will of the people, or is it up to the government to tell the people how to live their lives? Because if the people who elected you want to get on with their lives and do not care about COVID, then the elected officials aren't doing their jobs with lockdowns and mandates.

I'm sure you will just disagree and say the pleebs don't know what is good for them.
Eh the relentless media fearmongering campaign has a supermajority of 'the people' scared shitless (or at least going along with the draconian bullshit quietly), at least in all blue states.

ManaByte

CNN has obtained leaked documents from China.

HAHAHAHAH the "source code" is just HTML.

ClZhJWu.png

Last edited:

bigsnack

Newsom is going to lock down all of CA again:
There is absolutely no fucking way I’m doing that full lockdown thing again. The other side of our neighborhood got C19 in this latest surge. Out of 8 people, only one developed severe symptoms and he is diabetic and obese. One gal I know has it and she had the eye pain and headaches like me, but nothing else. With the vaccine close, and with already having the virus in January, I’m done. I cannot believe that we are still in this loop with all of the data that has been released.

Last edited:

ManaByte

There is absolutely no fucking way I’m doing that full lockdown thing again. The other side of our neighborhood got C19 in this latest surge. Out of 8 people, only one developed severe symptoms and he is diabetic and obese. One gal I know has it and she had the eye pain and headaches like me, but nothing else. With the vaccine close, and with already having the virus in January, I’m done. I cannot believe that we are still in this loop with all of the data that has been released.

Newsom tends to punish the state whenever he’s caught not abiding by his own edicts.

Nymphae

Banned
Covid is fake and gay change my mind

After retrieving data on the CDC website, Briand compiled a graph representing percentages of total deaths per age category from early February to early September, which includes the period from before COVID-19 was detected in the U.S. to after infection rates soared.

Surprisingly, the deaths of older people stayed the same before and after COVID-19. Since COVID-19 mainly affects the elderly, experts expected an increase in the percentage of deaths in older age groups. However, this increase is not seen from the CDC data. In fact, the percentages of deaths among all age groups remain relatively the same.

The reason we have a higher number of reported COVID-19 deaths among older individuals than younger individuals is simply because every day in the U.S. older individuals die in higher numbers than younger individuals,” Briand said.

When Briand looked at the 2020 data during that seasonal period, COVID-19-related deaths exceeded deaths from heart diseases. This was highly unusual since heart disease has always prevailed as the leading cause of deaths. However, when taking a closer look at the death numbers, she noted something strange. As Briand compared the number of deaths per cause during that period in 2020 to 2018, she noticed that instead of the expected drastic increase across all causes, there was a significant decrease in deaths due to heart disease. Even more surprising, as seen in the graph below, this sudden decline in deaths is observed for all other causes.

This trend is completely contrary to the pattern observed in all previous years. Interestingly, as depicted in the table below, the total decrease in deaths by other causes almost exactly equals the increase in deaths by COVID-19. This suggests, according to Briand, that the COVID-19 death toll is misleading. Briand believes that deaths due to heart diseases, respiratory diseases, influenza and pneumonia may instead be recategorized as being due to COVID-19.

6b057424-a047-49bd-96b5-c0a65cbce88a.sized-1000x1000.png

The CDC classified all deaths that are related to COVID-19 simply as COVID-19 deaths. Even patients dying from other underlying diseases but are infected with COVID-19 count as COVID-19 deaths. This is likely the main explanation as to why COVID-19 deaths drastically increased while deaths by all other diseases experienced a significant decrease.

127227729-391337328651515-1715792511547962413-n.jpg

Last edited:

This is the most ridiculous and obvious suppression of important data I’ve seen so far. That and the delays/edits of the Dutch mask study. Why does anything that goes against the “covid is going to kill millions” narrative get suppressed for spreading misinformation? This wasn’t misinformation. It was information inconvenient to the narrative.

This is the suppression of facts. It’s right in everyone’s face.

prag16

Banned

I've seen claims "debunking" this, stating that per the CDC the actual excess deaths are 300,000+. Isn't this article also using CDC data? Which is it...

diffusionx

Gold Member
Eh the relentless media fearmongering campaign has a supermajority of 'the people' scared shitless (or at least going along with the draconian bullshit quietly), at least in all blue states.

To what extent this is true I have no idea; for all I know all the lockdown karens I see all over social media are bots - especially after reading that article about how the UK is planning to conduct psychological warfare on its own citizens.

Anecdotally speaking I don't know a single person who is still fully on board all this stuff. It has gotten too absurd. It is like this is a big MKULTRA campaign to destroy the sanity of the population.

Last edited:
To what extent this is true I have no idea; for all I know all the lockdown karens I see all over social media are bots - especially after reading that article about how the UK is planning to conduct psychological warfare on its own citizens.

Anecdotally speaking I don't know a single person who is still fully on board all this stuff. It has gotten too absurd. It is like this is a big MKULTRA campaign to destroy the sanity of the population.
The conspiratorial part of my brain says this is their plan to enact all the climate change policies they’ve had such a hard time getting people to sign on to. I don’t believe that entirely, but my mind will go there from time to time.

The issue I’ve had with this virus is the politicization of it. All for the sake of saying orange man bad.

Loads of evidence to suggest lockdowns don’t work and non medical grade masks not being effective.

Just take your vitamins, keep hygienic and social distance.

Don't work? What planet do you live on. Every country that had a (semi) lockdown saw the numbers drop.

Don't work? What planet do you live on. Every country that had a (semi) lockdown saw the numbers drop.
Of course they work in the short term. There are consequences to lockdowns though. The problem is you cannot reopen with spiking again. Even the vaccine is probably 2-3 months away from making any impact, assuming they start doing it in the next two weeks. So unless everyone plans on doing this stuff until February, which seems unsustainable, I don’t think lockdowns are productive.

Last edited:

prag16

Banned

Unfortunately the majority of my town is still damn near "fully on board" with this. The selectman just announced that they're making the local mask rules stricter. You can't be on town property without a mask, period, ever. This technically includes alone on a hiking trail in the woods 2 miles from another human being. Tons of Karens lodge complaints constantly about people on walking paths or at parks/playgrounds without masks, even if familes are 100ft apart. It's madness.

Unfortunately the majority of my town is still damn near "fully on board" with this. The selectman just announced that they're making the local mask rules stricter. You can't be on town property without a mask, period, ever. This technically includes alone on a hiking trail in the woods 2 miles from another human being. Tons of Karens lodge complaints constantly about people on walking paths or at parks/playgrounds without masks, even if familes are 100ft apart. It's madness.
Damn that sucks. Nobody gives a shit where I live. People are supposed to wear masks inside at all times. At my gym the employees barely wear one most of the time. Nobody else wears one after they walk in and get their temperatures checked. Cases are up. But they’re up everywhere.

diffusionx

Gold Member

The degradation one hits home for me. I am a fully functioning adult who has been in control of my own life since college, yet I get told to stand in circles like a little child and get chastised by random karens if I am not fully in compliance of these random, petty, inconsistent rules. Like the circle is an impenetrable force field for the COVID virus. I walked into a cafe the other day, a quite large one, and was the 2nd person in line, probably 8 feet away from the first person in line and a good 15-20 feet away from the person at the cashier. The woman behind the counter yelled that I have to wait outside like I’m in the USSR because only 2 customers can be allowed in... I just turned around and left. I think this constant humiliation is quite intentional.

Last edited:

Leyasu

Banned
Huh? I have seen evidence where the lockdowns just delay the inevitable. Numbers drop temporarily were never stable after that.
Numbers were never stable because the strategy was wrong in the west.

Lockdowns were too relaxed and not long enough because suppression of the virus was never sought. Just stopping the hospitals from getting swamped was the "ordre du jour" .

Europe came out too fast, opened everything and told everyone to go on holiday as things were fine. Unfortunately community spread was still happening. Even though the rates were drastically reduced. All it needed was a catalyst to start a second wave..... That came in September when most of the northern hemisphere opened all their schools, thus creating links between households on colossal levels, and that light community spread became a tsunami. Israel had already tasted that bitter pill in May, and had warned everyone about what happens when the schools open with on going community spread. Yet most of Europe had already spent hundreds of billions on pathetically managed lockdowns, and had no choice to but take that same pill.

Obviously schools need to open so that kids can go to school as they need to learn, and their parents need to be free in order to go to work. That is not the or in question, the question is when and how to it safely! Anyway, it is too late. Now that several vaccines are on the horizon, the west will speed-run it until they arrive.

Now before the usual suspects arrive. COVID has not been politicized in Europe, I don't post condemning the Orange god-king or his fluffy haired friend in Downing street. I don't give a fuck. I say it how I see it. Europe especially all looked away as China locked down province after province from the 23rd of January onwards. We were all in lockdown when Wuhan finally emerged after 11wks of strict lockdown with everything under control. Yet again everyone looked the other way and ended their lockdowns as quick as possible with no clear strategy for afterward or the message that "we must live with the virus" when they had just been shown the no, we don't have live with it.....

cryptoadam

Banned

Does anything say that these masks are just for show purposes than a bunch of people with mouth holes in their masks standing shoulder to shoulder.

I am going to make a new mask that is just a 2 strings attached together with a giant hole over the mouth and nose. As long as its a "mask" I am good right! Karens will leave me alone right.

sinnergy

Lockdowns were too relaxed and not long enough because suppression of the virus was never sought. Just stopping the hospitals from getting swamped was the "ordre du jour" .

Europe came out too fast, opened everything and told everyone to go on holiday as things were fine. Unfortunately community spread was still happening. Even though the rates were drastically reduced. All it needed was a catalyst to start a second wave..... That came in September when most of the northern hemisphere opened all their schools, thus creating links between households on colossal levels, and that light community spread became a tsunami. Israel had already tasted that bitter pill in May, and had warned everyone about what happens when the schools open with on going community spread. Yet most of Europe had already spent hundreds of billions on pathetically managed lockdowns, and had no choice to but take that same pill.

Obviously schools need to open so that kids can go to school as they need to learn, and their parents need to be free in order to go to work. That is not the or in question, the question is when and how to it safely! Anyway, it is too late. Now that several vaccines are on the horizon, the west will speed-run it until they arrive.

Now before the usual suspects arrive. COVID has not been politicized in Europe, I don't post condemning the Orange god-king or his fluffy haired friend in Downing street. I don't give a fuck. I say it how I see it. Europe especially all looked away as China locked down province after province from the 23rd of January onwards. We were all in lockdown when Wuhan finally emerged after 11wks of strict lockdown with everything under control. Yet again everyone looked the other way and ended their lockdowns as quick as possible with no clear strategy for afterward or the message that "we must live with the virus" when they had just been shown the no, we don't have live with it.....
Amen. Now watch them lynch you 🤣

diffusionx

Gold Member

The evidence that schools are a major transmission source for COVID is very scant. It may be true, but the evidence isn't there. Didn't some countries in Europe open up schools in the springtime as well? I have another theory as to why cases started rising in the Fall: because virus gonna virus. It is flu season, the virus is going to spread. I actually do not believe anything out of China regarding COVID, and I am sure the virus is spreading there as we speak, because it is flu season and they are of a similar latitude as us. China has not been forthright and I don't think you can believe anything they say about the measures taken at this point. I think the sentiments from that Chinese sociologist are widespread among the Chinese elite and are happy to see the west destroy itself over this virus.

Last edited:

ManofOne

Plus Member
This is not true to an extent.
I could give you example in Latin America and the Caribbean where lockdowns lasted 3 months. (Full lockdowns).

Most islands and provinces
saw 0 cases two months after the first case popped up in the United States. Regardless, cases began to immediately spike once reopening resumed.

Porous borders were identified as on of the many primary issues to its spread as illegal immigration from Venezuela created a problem

cryptoadam

Banned
The evidence that schools are a major transmission source for COVID is very scant. It may be true, but the evidence isn't there. Didn't some countries in Europe open up schools in the springtime as well? I have another theory as to why cases started rising in the Fall: because virus gonna virus. It is flu season, the virus is going to spread. I actually do not believe anything out of China regarding COVID, and I am sure the virus is spreading there as we speak, because it is flu season and they are of a similar latitude as us. China has not been forthright and I don't think you can believe anything they say about the measures taken at this point. I think the sentiments from that Chinese sociologist are widespread among the Chinese elite and are happy to see the west destroy itself over this virus.

China is locking down again.

Chinese authorities are testing millions of people, imposing lockdowns and shutting down schools after multiple locally transmitted coronavirus cases were discovered in three cities across the country last week.

Look we just have to listen to that Chinese sociologist who says NK handled it the best, they have ZERO cases.

Joe T.

Lockdowns were too relaxed and not long enough because suppression of the virus was never sought. Just stopping the hospitals from getting swamped was the "ordre du jour"

441301.jpg

We need to get over that cognitive dissonance. You said it yourself, "Europe came out too fast, opened everything and told everyone to go on holiday as things were fine. Unfortunately community spread was still happening."

What you're not catching is that those numbers are seasonal and were in decline before the lock downs ever started, otherwise it would have spread like wildfire when the lock downs were lifted. This was a (blatantly obvious) trick employed with masks as well, impose the measures right after numbers start dropping to give the public the impression they're working. This has been on display for all to see and many have picked up on it, but the mainstream news isn't feeding you this information - you have to piece the data together yourself.

The Quebec provincial government, for example, was very amateurish at pulling this off and made it easy to spot such moves, the "conservatives" reluctantly pushed into this madness and making laughable PR errors along the way that exposed this fraud for what it is. I have no doubt many others here have caught this happening where they live.

You're not seeing the full picture and that's the way the government wants it. That's what you should be seeing. They've hidden some very important facts from you since the very beginning and it doesn't take much effort to pull some of those up. Cut out the middle man because his interest has absolutely nothing to do with public health.

PCR tests with Ct values of 35+ and binary results are sold to you daily as a "gold standard," positive results falsely interpreted as infectious cases. Maybe it's different where you live, but both the governments and the news media lie to the public each and every day by reporting them as such. That's not educating/informing the public, it's intentionally misleading.

No one following this pandemic for more than a few hours can reasonably claim they're unaware of how those tests are being misused, but don't take my word for it - note Fauci at around the 48 second mark:

Leyasu

Banned

Israel already said in May and published their results saying that opening schools was a major driver in their second wave. You could argue that a virus is gonna virus in the autumn, I won't disagree. But, going by some of the studies published in various countries proving that children are just as capable as adults as spreading the virus.. Plus a virus is gonna virus so why would children have not part in this one when they do in others? Then curiously COVID exploded mid-september in the northern hemisphere. If you look at it with an open mind, then does seem possible right?

Also, in the UK, since their second lockdown, cases have fallen in all age groups except 5-12 yrs and 13-19yrs where they have continued to grow..... Curiously, school ages.

441301.jpg

We need to get over that cognitive dissonance. You said it yourself, "Europe came out too fast, opened everything and told everyone to go on holiday as things were fine. Unfortunately community spread was still happening."

What you're not catching is that those numbers are seasonal and were in decline before the lock downs ever started, otherwise it would have spread like wildfire when the lock downs were lifted. This was a (blatantly obvious) trick employed with masks as well, impose the measures right after numbers start dropping to give the public the impression they're working. This has been on display for all to see and many have picked up on it, but the mainstream news isn't feeding you this information - you have to piece the data together yourself.

The Quebec provincial government, for example, was very amateurish at pulling this off and made it easy to spot such moves, the "conservatives" reluctantly pushed into this madness and making laughable PR errors along the way that exposed this fraud for what it is. I have no doubt many others here have caught this happening where they live.

You're not seeing the full picture and that's the way the government wants it. That's what you should be seeing. They've hidden some very important facts from you since the very beginning and it doesn't take much effort to pull some of those up. Cut out the middle man because his interest has absolutely nothing to do with public health.

PCR tests with Ct values of 35+ and binary results are sold to you daily as a "gold standard," positive results falsely interpreted as infectious cases. Maybe it's different where you live, but both the governments and the news media lie to the public each and every day by reporting them as such. That's not educating/informing the public, it's intentionally misleading.

No one following this pandemic for more than a few hours can reasonably claim they're unaware of how those tests are being misused, but don't take my word for it - note Fauci at around the 48 second mark:

The numbers were not seasonal. The flu doesn't disappear then suddenly reappear by magic in the autumn. People still get the flu in the summer, just in smaller numbers. Why? Because most of the summer is spent outdoors and the schools are closed, and less people are in the office etc.. You get my point. Same with COVID. small spread in the summer because it was still there after the lockdown, which then exploded in September. That's all there is to it.

Yeah I don't know if I agree with your second paragraph. I would say in France it is the opposite, they are downplaying infection rates and don't report the figures for the new tests that you can get in a pharmacy over here. They will not test under 10yr olds full stop. If there are kids in schools positive, the schools are not allowed to inform the families of the other kids either.

North Korea has 0 cases, be like North Korea guys!

Anywhere is better than what is happening in the states right now. Sorry dude. Even with a large margin of error, you lot are still reporting eye watering infection rates daily, thousands dead per week, and I read last week that there is nearly 90k people in the hospital over there. I get no pleasure in writing that either.

cryptoadam

Banned
Anywhere is better than what is happening in the states right now. Sorry dude. Even with a large margin of error, you lot are still reporting eye watering infection rates daily, thousands dead per week, and I read last week that there is nearly 90k people in the hospital over there. I get no pleasure in writing that either.

I am in Canada. We have our own stupidity considering 96% of deaths are over 60, 90% over 70 and according to oour left leaning media CTV 98% of deaths are associated with LTCs. But somehow all these deaths from the elderly and in LTCs are the problem of the general population coughing and hacking on old sick people confined to homes that never go out.

My province has half the amount of patients in ICU as the peak and 1/3rd in hospitals as the peak. We were open from end of May and had flatlined cases until late September. Even more interesting is that in Montreal our deaths are pretty much flatlined even though our cases have been hovering around 200-400 for a month or so. Looks like to me we killed most of our elderly already (about 3600 first time around) so the virus doesn't have much to feast on.

Looks like at least where I live we are doing much better than France.

Leyasu

Banned
I am in Canada. We have our own stupidity considering 96% of deaths are over 60, 90% over 70 and according to oour left leaning media CTV 98% of deaths are associated with LTCs. But somehow all these deaths from the elderly and in LTCs are the problem of the general population coughing and hacking on old sick people confined to homes that never go out.

My province has half the amount of patients in ICU as the peak and 1/3rd in hospitals as the peak. We were open from end of May and had flatlined cases until late September. Even more interesting is that in Montreal our deaths are pretty much flatlined even though our cases have been hovering around 200-400 for a month or so. Looks like to me we killed most of our elderly already (about 3600 first time around) so the virus doesn't have much to feast on.

Looks like at least where I live we are doing much better than France.

We passed the the first peak weeks ago and are still at nearly 40k people in the hospitals.

This government are fucking dangerous in their stupidity and their bullshit will catch up with them once Macron is gone.

diffusionx

Gold Member

I really wish these articles were not so disingenuous... it’s not “pre and post COVID”, it is before and after the government decided it has the power to tell people who they can and cannot hang out with and where they can and cannot spend time. Because COVID is basically no risk to the men and women they are discussing in this article.

Last edited:

Joe T.

We were played, only way to get out of this mess is to admit it and learn from our mistake(s) - don't expect elected officials, big pharma or the media to do it for you, there's too much at stake for them. This falls on us as individuals.

Stouffers

Banned
I know so many people who have had it or currently have it now. It all feels inevitable. I’m pretty fat so it’s Russian roulette.

bigsnack

I know so many people who have had it or currently have it now. It all feels inevitable. I’m pretty fat so it’s Russian roulette.
Come on in, the water is warm.

Get cut out refined carbs YESTERDAY, and get your butt outside. That alone might increase your chances dramatically.

sinnergy

Come on in, the water is warm.

Get cut out refined carbs YESTERDAY, and get your butt outside. That alone might increase your chances dramatically.
Because losing10, 20 - 30 kg is done in a couple of days ...
while I agree living healthy is always good ..

But Losing 10 Kg will take you 1.5 to 3 months , if pretty strict.

so it won’t help you short term ..
it does help you with getting g into a positive place and make you more durable in the future ..

longdi

Banned

Adding the fact that the virus was circulating in Italy and Spain as far as early summer in 2019, it seems the virus was already circulating worldwide and it just happened to explode in China before elsewhere. Maybe the virus didn’t even generated itself in Wuhan. 🤷‍♀️

longdi

Banned
CNN has obtained leaked documents from China.

Wtf with reddit autoplays?

Anyway, if CNN source is as 'reliable' as they are trying to portray, whistleblower sharing to CNN? lol

imo IF true, it is more human error, lapses, inadequate training, rather than sinister cover-up by the Central Government 🤷‍♀️

I mean look at countries outside China today, some are still struggling to handle and document their covid cases

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom