• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Demo Sharing

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Wow, is this a first?

Yup, definitely is - guess it ties to the account because of the whole free online thing.

I just wish I had tried it right away just to let you guys know long before, but after I downloaded it, I was busy with other things and didn't even try it until JerkShep made that post.

JerkShep

So I think the list is now pointless :( I didn't try the game either lol, it's on my hdd but I can't use it.
What shall we do?

4 hours in and were only at #4
KuGsj.gif

We''re better off waiting till Tuesday
I'm still gonna wait my turn:(

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Wait, what's wrong with the demo? I'm playing it on my main GT...or is it tied to my console? :\

Sucks if MS changed something and this was all for nothing, sorry guys.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, what's wrong with the demo? I'm playing it on my main GT...or is it tied to my console? :\

No problem. Thanks for setting this up.

Edit: I see I'm next up in line. If Lord-Audie pm's me between this and 30 minutes I'll take my turn otherwise I'll skip it as it's getting late. Althought I'm not sure I should bother as there probably isn't a solution to the license thing.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot

It works only on the account you downloaded it on, and only when online - it was like this from the start apparently, I didn't try to play it right away.

But it's something new for demos in general - you'll be fine once you play it on the dummy account, and it's yours so that's no problem. You could try to see if it works under your main account to see if it's a console license thing too.

frontieruk

It works only on the account you downloaded it on, and only when online - it was like this from the start apparently, I didn't try to play it right away.

But it's something new for demos in general - you'll be fine once you play it on the dummy account, and it's yours so that's no problem. You could try to see if it works under your main account to see if it's a console license thing too.

He said he was playing under his gt, so that follows the usual 1st license policy of everyone on the 1st console dl can use it but after it has to be the registered console and online.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Yup, same message - can't be launched.

Well, looks like we gotta wait for a lucky code or all the way till Tuesday - dummy accounts, USB sticks and discs won't work with this - luckily I only use re-writables for demos.

Should've done the Expertzone thing, but this was totally unexpected with this demo thing.

He said he was playing under his gt, so that follows the usual 1st license policy of everyone on the 1st console dl can use it but after it has to be the registered console and online.

Oh, didn't catch that - then again I got a lil headache right now...

So it's just tied to the console it's downloaded on - at least that's something confirmed.

JerkShep

Someone's on the tag playing the demo, haha. No idea where it is in the list since it doesn't really work, but I guess someone's atleast having fun.

No sense in lying, I was the one trying it out ahah since yesterday I passed the information without even trying it. Oh well, I had my fix of ME and I'm ready to wait. I won't use the dummy account again, sorry if I interrupted someone download now the account is free to go

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
No sense in lying, I was the one trying it out ahah since yesterday I passed the information without even trying it.

Same. Unfortunately I got the details like 10 minutes after I went to sleep so it took me a while to pass the info to the next person. Was trying to avoid such a scenario but it was 4:30 AM by the time it got to me.

TheContact

I failed the quiz, and didn't get a code. Trying again...
(I blew all questions about how to better sell the game, LOL)

That quiz was so easy...it's all basic questions about the game anyone who is a fan should know....I got 100% without watching the videos. I just had to google if there was a limited edition console or not because I had no idea.

pmj

Guys go here and try to get yourself a code. You can do it once every two hours.

http://apps.facebook.com/xboxmasseffect/uk

I signed up on Facebook just for this. I used a fake name and a fake birth date, and it still suggested I add my real mother as a friend. I'm guessing it made the connection through my email somehow, but the address itself can't have been enough. I'm rather freaked out.

So how does this game actually work? What is the goal? The only instruction is to click the buttons. I did and I failed.

Edit: Oh, hey, it worked on the second try. I suppose it's entirely random.

Acidote

I have a dummy facebook account so if I get another code I'll share it here, since I'm still trying to get my avatar item.

RS4-

What are the other avatar items?

I've got an extra Normandy lol if someone doesn't want to make another FB account. I'll just to trade for the other avatar items lol

Woorloog

Banned
Anyone use the code I posted yet? I got the demo twice in a row so I don't need that one

You do know that lurkers could've read it and used it? And they cannot post.

BTW, i have a Normandy code in case someone wants to trade it for the demo.

Top Bottom