• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Extended CG Launch Trailer - Take Back Earth [Up: Trailer Released]

luxarific

Nork unification denier
What did they do to Ashley's face? I mean, I never thought she was that attractive, but it's like she got hit with an ugly stick between Game 1 and 3.

Should have been Miranda.

MrTroubleMaker

Gold Member
What did they do to Ashley's face? I mean, I never thought she was that attractive, but it's like she got hit with an ugly stick between Game 1 and 3.

Should have been Miranda.
yeah
would though :p
8Mh5u.jpg

S0N0S

I liked the part where huge Turian cruisers are now smaller, nimbler human frigates. Oh and the bit with Shepard cutting up Husks with his hologram knife? Hilarious!

That was pretty bad ass, too short though. Looks like we have to wait for the Full Full one. And glad to see the Mako's, woohoo!

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
The amount of hate is amusing to me.

Then again Gaf has been spouting unjustified hate for awhile now, guess a CG trailer was just more fuel for the fire /rollseyes

Can't please everyone.

No hate from me. I'm still buying the game.

Moaradin

Not surprising. CGI trailers hardly stay true to the in-game characters. Surprised Shepard looks good though. I remember he looked pretty weird on the ME2 CGI trailer.

I can't stand the fact that the game itself is all about "save earth", but whatever, that's for a different topic. The trailer itself is good.

The CG trailers for this game have always been good. My only gripe is the new Ashley...but they changed her in the game as well so....

The first CG trailer, for ME1, is still my favorite : Distress Call

Very subtle compared to the actioney ME2 one, and the somewhat manipulative one that we are discussing in this thread. Also, you'll notice that Ashley actually looks like her (Old) in game model.

Still, not gonna act like I wasn't pleasantly surprised when this came on.

Khezu

ME2 trailer CG trailer was a lot better.

Also I haven't been paying attention to ME3 enough or something, but what the fuck at the holo tool turning into a laser knife? Fucking stupid.

Mine too. I was hoping for something similar for ME3 but so far it's all been action :/

The CG trailers for the first two games, for me at least, really captured the "essence" or "tone" of what the games actually were about. Outside of the ending, I felt that this trailer was really trying to hit people emotionally. The demo (The part with the kid, and Anderson staying with the hurt soldiers), and the rest of the marketing, seems to be similar.

I'm wondering if we will get those character specific, CG trailers again.

BTW : Are we to assume that the reapers can be all quiet like that? Not THAT is fucking spooky, probably won't affect the game much, but that image of one sneaking up on the girl was kinda scary.

Edit : After watching a couple more time, you know what would be awesome? If we actually got to fight in environments like in this trailer and in the photo in the OP. I've not been big on the "save earth" angle, but I certainly wouldn't mind some sections in some rural areas like that. Think of some of the driving sections in Half Life 2 to know what I mean. Enter a home, investigate for something, than you see a flashlight and realize geth are in the house with you. Expecting "destroyed sunflower farm" now.

ME2 trailer CG trailer was a lot better.

Also I haven't been paying attention to ME3 enough or something, but what the fuck at the holo tool turning into a laser knife? Fucking stupid.

It's the new melee. I don't have anything against it, the melee from the first two games was very silly looking. This is more useful, and visually interesting. Story/Universe wise it probably doesn't make sense but the omni-tool never really has.

ultron87

I really hope we get some great space battles. Some of my favorite scenes in ME1&2 are the ones where you get to see the Normandy throw down.

Pretty big air that Shepard caught there at the end... who does he think he is, Kasumi? Or maybe somebody pushed his awesome button.

Didn't really like the trailer. I'm looking forward to an in engine launch trailer, hopefully one to match Mass Effect 2's. Regardless I'm ready for this game, I have a feeling that it's going to be disappointing in some respects (story) but I'm convinced it will be a blast to play.

The amount of hate is amusing to me.

Then again Gaf has been spouting unjustified hate for awhile now, guess a CG trailer was just more fuel for the fire /rollseyes

Can't please everyone.

Bioware + Neogaf + Internet Anonymity = Blind Hatred and picking on the tiniest details.

cant wait for this game. Hopefully i finish FFXIII-2 before it arrives.

The NeoGAF 'hate' for Mass Effect 3 related things is such a paltry and minuscule amount of hate compared to that of 4chan/Reddit that I don't even notice the hate here.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
This trailer:
Mass Effect 3: Interactive Storytelling Mild spoilers?

Around 20 seconds in.

I dont know if anyone has proposed this before since that trailers been out for a while, but rewatching it I feel like the "good" dialogue choice, at least, seemed edited like there was supposed to be further dialogue in between Shepard saying theres a relic and the Asari ordering her troops to support him. Maybe it was spoiler that they didnt want to reveal?

If thats the case great cause that scene was horrible and any chance of it not being as horrible would be fantastic, though at the same time the fuck was Bioware thinking using a story spoiler decision, why not use an sequence they could use in its entirety without much fuss.

EDIT: Actually it looks pretty clear the convo is heavily edited because in both instances. It starts out surrounded by body bags, but then through the magic of editing cuts to a open area with steps to a landing pad and no body bags and totally different positioning of both parties.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
The whole time I was watchin the trailer, all I could think of was "oh god, Mass Effect 2 didn't even fucking happen, did it?"

derFeef

Weird they edited the teaser scene, I hope the "extended" aka full trailer shows that abit more. Plus tehy took out the cool Reaper sound :(

Cartman86

Banned
Okay trailer, but if the in-game trailers are any indication these games scream "can't wait for next gen visuals". They look soooo "dirty" in a non lived in way. Frame-rates are usually sub 30 as well. I like em, but I hope they don't retire this series, because I wan't to see this kind of sci-fi look on the next consoles.

raphier

Banned
EA's new trademark badassery showcase - Anyone jumping against a giant enemy with a sword/knife/whatever. I'm not amused.

Anteater

I always wonder how much time and money goes in to making a trailer like this.

I heard the deus ex cgi trailer costed a lot, I don't know if it was true, but yeah, I sometimes wonder how much it costs for the cgi trailers and all the marketing stuff.

I wish some of these stuff are in the games though, often characters and animations are so much better in the cgi than in game. Like the dragon age trailers were pretty cool looking

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I heard the deus ex cgi trailer costed a lot, I don't know if it was true, but yeah, I sometimes wonder how much it costs for the cgi trailers and all the marketing stuff.

I wish some of these stuff are in the games though, often characters and animations are so much better in the cgi than in game. Like the dragon age trailers were pretty cool looking

The difference is that the DXHR CG trailer was awesome. This... not so much.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Okay trailer, but if the in-game trailers are any indication these games scream "can't wait for next gen visuals". They look soooo "dirty" in a non lived in way. Frame-rates are usually sub 30 as well. I like em, but I hope they don't retire this series, because I wan't to see this kind of sci-fi look on the next consoles.

Nothing says they can't do sci-fi next gen with a new IP.

The difference is that the DXHR CG trailer was awesome. This... not so much.

DXHR's CG was totally pitch perfect. This, I found kind of embarrassing. It seemed like it was trying to capture some fictitious group of people who don't care about video games, but would totally play Mass Effect, if only they knew it existed.

Top Bottom