• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multi Not Announced

wwm0nkey

0398c2a88af749edd6fe28065f4d4755.png

Look at the Mass Effect 3 part.

Update:

GamesCom Debut

miladesn said:
And publicly playable at two UK tradeshows in September: http://twitter.com/#!/APZonerunner/status/99628656716038144

Update 2:

Quote from the mag.

"Well, if you believe the rumours - which we certainly do - ME3 will have MP. According to various sources, there will be a batch of 3 player co-op missions that run parallel to the main story, with each player assuming the role of a single squad mate. It seems likely that this will happen, and it'll form part of EA's Online Pass system. However devs have been known to ditch MP during development in the past, if it doesn't work..."

Mindlog

Holy shit, new Hitman info. I really hope they demo some of the stuff that's supposed to please fans of, Blood Money.

Pie Lord

I have to wonder if Mass Effect multi-player is something Bioware actually wanted to do, or if it's something EA demanded of them.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Derrick01 said:
To anger rpg fans more and to try and catch that ever elusive 10 million COD crowd.

This is why we can't have nice things for the next few years until development costs and other technology is more cheaper to develop and not don't need to reach insane targets.

epmode

Pie Lord said:
I have to wonder if Mass Effect multi-player is something Bioware actually wanted to do, or if it's something EA demanded of them.
At this point, what's the difference? Bioware was heading in this direction before EA happened.

Yeah saw this on the Bioware cesspit, there was much sharpening of the pitchforks riddled with a lot of denial and hugging of the knees, rocking back and forth and people chanting "this is not happening, this is not happening, Casey said there was no multiplayer".

At the moment I will wait and see what the mag has to say about MP in ME 3. I can't say I particularly want MP in the game (especially when you consider Bioware are crap at supporting their games with patches). But the wisest thing to do right now is wait and see what the mag has to say.

fernoca

Can't wait for the details of the multiplayer in ME3. A friend was pissed off when I told him that there was apparently some multiplayer in ME3, because "he's the biggest ME fan..ever".

Gotta love Nirolak too. He has such a talent splitting threads, always imagine him naked sitting down checking which threads to split. Is like a signal is sent to him!! Split time!! Well, except that one time when after the split everyone was like "lol this is old news" so it was merged back into the original. :p

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
TacticalFox88 said:
WTF? didn't they say they WEREN'T doing Multiplayer? Make up your fucking minds!
Casey Hudson went "We're not quite sure how we'll do multiplayer with the Mass Effect series yet." and Game Informer went "NO MULTIPLAYER CONFIRMED!"

REV 09

ME2 is possibly my favorite game of the generation. I'm open minded to mp. The mechanics are good enough for co-op at least, potentially adversarial....though i'd rather have co-op. A Horde mode could be epic.

overcast

epmode said:
Oh hay, angry bald guys.

Sort of want. Maybe. Nah.
Agent 47 was bald before bald was cool..

Cool, tacked on multiplayer. We needed that.

I'm more excited to see more info about Hitman.

Pie Lord

elrechazao said:
bioware is ea and has been for a while now.
You're missing the point. Publishers often demand certain features be added, changed or removed from games regardless of what the development team wants to do. That fact EA owns Bioware doesn't matter.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Well, I'm glad that GAF picked up on the multiplayer job openings many months ago so I was well-prepared for this, but I surely won't be happy if it ends up being a deathmatch thing. If it's something co-op in a squad of three like I wish ME2 had done with the campaign, that would be cool.

GSR

"Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Reveal"

IBkja.gif

"And Hitman Info"

hS3A2.gif

Tell me, where does one acquire this "Xbox 360 World"?

GSR said:
"Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Reveal"

http://i.imgur.com/IBkja.gif[img]

"And Hitman Info"

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/hS3A2.gif[IMG]

Tell me, where does one acquire this "Xbox 360 World"?[/QUOTE]
I was gonna do it like you, but I didn't know how to work in the "bail in".gif. Nicely done, sir.

As for where? I think it's a British mag, so I'd presume somewhere in England.

Top Bottom