• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

rozay

Banned
fuck this shit. Are N7 weapons any good?
as long as you don't get the SMG, sure

shotgun is incredibly powerful and accurate but heavy, pistol is full-auto and not amazing but not bad, sniper rifle is pretty decent if you don't have the rare gold/N7 ones.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Are Biotic Explosions decent on armor/shield/barrier? Wondering if my human adept should bother using Warp + Shockwave for explosions or just spam Warp instead.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Are Biotic Explosions decent on armor/shield/barrier? Wondering if my human adept should bother using Warp + Shockwave for explosions or just spam Warp instead.

The thing about Warp is that the effect lingers post-explosion.

Shockwave is just a weird skill in general though...

TheYanger

wait, wait, wait.

Does CE have some exclusive weapons? I have CE.

No, the N7 weapons are exclusive to the CE in single, in multi you only get them from the commendation packs is what he meant.
IE CE game has a hurricane in single player always, in multi you have to be 'lucky' and loot a hurricane from the special commendation packs.

Mupod

You don't get anything special if you do more than 2, right?

I highly doubt it. They're just going to flag if you did it or not and give you the reward.

I'm still gonna promote all 6 just for the hell of it though. I'm so good with the Geth Plasma Shotgun now that it really doesn't take me very long at all to get my characters leveled back up. God I hope that gun doesn't get nerfed, but I know it will.

Flunkie

Banned

Singularity + Warp to make biotic explosions is probably the most fun I've had with MP so far.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I'm happy with my Asari Vanguard, but what's a good Drell Adept build?

Kyoufu

Yea they confirmed it in an update. No PS3 again.

Pathetic
KuGsj.gif

I'm happy with my Asari Vanguard, but what's a good Drell Adept build?

6/6/6/5/3

Reave: Radius, Damage Protection, Damage/Duration
Pull: Radius, Expose, Damage/Combo
Cluster Grenade: Damage, Max Grenades, Shrapnel (extra nade in the cluster)
Drell Assassin: Power damage, power damage
Fitness: first three

Unarmored: Pull then Reave to detonate. Armored: Reave then grenade to detonate. Go for direct impact with grenades. Reave is also great for detonating allied warps. Use whatever weapon gives you the fastest cooldown. I like an upgraded Phalanx.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Max out Reave, spam Reave, then get kicked from every lobby you join because the Reave sound bug annoys the shit outta people.

6/6/6/5/3

Reave: Radius, Damage Protection, Damage/Duration
Pull: Radius, Expose, Damage/Combo
Cluster Grenade: Damage, Max Grenades, Shrapnel (extra nade in the cluster)
Drell Assassin: Power damage, power damage
Fitness: first three

Unarmored: Pull then Reave to detonate. Armored: Reave then grenade to detonate. Go for direct impact with grenades. Reave is also great for detonating allied warps. Use whatever weapon gives you the fastest cooldown. I like an upgraded Phalanx.

Muchas gracias.

USIGSJ

This game really hates me. Played gold today, earned for 5 spectre packs and still I can't get Asari Adept. I've bought over 60 of those, but I keep getting salarian inf and quarian engineer or some super heavy weapons I never use.

DY_nasty

Outside of Asari Meleeguard - I don't even touch the fitness branch anymore.

On gold, it makes almost no difference. Everyone is equally squishy.

The biotic grenades make the same sound as the kill mark from Killzone 2 & 3... very counfusing to hear the sound and think I got lucky with my throw but actually have no kill

Also : what is the best way to prevent bleed out ? Spamming the button or is there a rhythm to get ?

So what classes are everyone going to promote for this weekend's challenge? Me?

1. Vanguard: Don't really use them that much, so I'm cool with promoting them. Plus, gaining the levels back will be super easy.
2. Soldier: Just an awful class outside of the Krogan soldier.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I love my Salarian Engineer against Geths, but im wondering how i should build him.

For Energy Drain and Incinerate, should i take Radius instead of Damage? And is the Armor Boost from the last Energy Drain point worth it, or should i go with Damage? Max Decoy with Exploding? I always put at least 4 points into Fitness for the extra defense too. But then i only play Silver right now.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Gonna promote:

Vanguard - Because I want to try double Nova spec and see if it's any different.
Adept - Want to respec Drell, and give others a shot.

Will probably do Infiltrator and Engineer as well, because I like watching XP bars fill. Plus I only switched over to Silver recently anyways and I'm still not having consistently fun experiences with randoms so it's not like I'm losing anything functional really.

1. Vanguard: Don't really use them that much, so I'm cool with promoting them. Plus, gaining the levels back will be super easy.

I promoted an adept (for the trophy) because it's my main class and I know how to play it perfectly. I leveled it again up to 10 then I decided to give the Drell Adept another shot because I never understood how it was supposed to be played.

Now I can't play anything than Drell Adept

EatChildren

Soldier, Vanguard, Engineer, and whatever else I get to 20.

I don't mind restarting from scratch. I've promoted my infiltrator twice because, well, I like the challenge of taking a low level class with good equipment and rebuilding them.

DY_nasty

I can't get jiggy with anything but Adept, Spamguard, and Infiltrator.

And I don't know what it is, but I can't get the hang of Decoy... I have discovered the secret love of Sabotage though. The thing is, you really can't even appreciate it until Gold when its essentially the best skill in the game.

Cat Party

I foolishly promoted my vanguard last weekend, so I have to get my soldier up to 20 now to promote along with the sentinel. My only other 20 is engineer, but that's the only class I can hang on Silver with, so I don't want to give it up.

I'll probably promote my Infiltrator. Dead easy to regain the levels and it's extremely effective at the lower end of the scale.

Unsure about the second one. Might promote my Vanguard but it takes a few games to get them back to the unstoppable force they become at high levels. I'll probably promote my Adept instead and enjoy the wonders of Stasis + Hand Cannons.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I promoted an adept (for the trophy) because it's my main class and I know how to play it perfectly. I leveled it again up to 10 then I decided to give the Drell Adept another shot because I never understood how it was supposed to be played.

Now I can't play anything than Drell Adept

Asari/Drell team up!

DY_nasty

If they want to make Soldier a good class, then give them the heavy weapons from ME2 (but balance them of course).
That class needs a lot of help.

I like the idea of giving them 3 mods too. Conc. Shot needs a big buff too...

Stantron

It's kinda dumb that, for the Salarian Engineer, they made Energy Drain (which is spam-able) as Y and Decoy (which you use much less often) as LB. Even dumber is that they don't let you configure this.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
It's kinda dumb that, for the Salarian Engineer, they made Energy Drain (which is spam-able) as Y and Decoy (which you use much less often) as LB. Even dumber is that they don't let you configure this.

Of many things this mode needs, its the ability to customize ability hotkeys that I most want (after Eden Prime map and batarians.)

Top Bottom