• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

New Turian Engie's and Infiltrators make a lot more sense than Male Quarians doubling up on the same classes as the females.

It is more likely Male Quarians will be a Soldier.

I want to play as a Cannibal. Instead of reviving a fallen squadmate, I get stronger when I eat them.

I want to play as a Cannibal. Instead of reviving a fallen squadmate, I get stronger when I eat them.

Man, I'd LOVE for them to create a Gears of War-like Beast Mode where you play as the all the enemies and try to kill the heroes.

How awesome would it be to play as a Brute or a Banshee? Of course, Cerberus/Geth wouldn't be all that different from simply playing the normal characters. Still, playing as Reapers would be fun! :)

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Man, I'd LOVE for them to create a Gears of War-like Beast Mode where you play as the all the enemies and try to kill the heroes.

How awesome would it be to play as a Brute or a Banshee? Of course, Cerberus/Geth wouldn't be all that different from simply playing the normal characters. Still, playing as Reapers would be fun! :)

Good luck playing as a Brute when it's whole body is blocking the screen.

And people wouldnt like playing Banshees with their very slow walking speed. Sure they can teleport like 3-4 times in a row, but that's not enough to make Banshees a fun race to play.

X-Frame

Has Bioware fixed the Battlemaster's Rage tree yet?

If not, has it even been acknowledged?

I don't know why it wasn't included in the last update. That and the Justicar 15% Power Damage aren't working so it should be just BW making sure the values are active.

It shouldnt require a full MS-approved patch.

Cat Party

I don't know why it wasn't included in the last update. That and the Justicar 15% Power Damage aren't working so it should be just BW making sure the values are active.

It shouldnt require a full MS-approved patch.

They've been great about fixing things on the server side, so it's crazy that these issues haven't been addressed. Same with lightweight materials. Perhaps they are just farther down the list of things they're working on.

Squall516

In the post about the weekend challenge on ME3 site, they said something about having additional reinforcements of vorcha to help out again the reapers? And hearing about the upcoming DLC with the Phoenix and other classes, i'm wondering is if they do add the vorcha will it come out this weekend for that challenge, or most likely with the new DLC thing. Still i think playing Vorcha and Protheans would be badassss ^_^

X-Frame

In the post about the weekend challenge on ME3 site, they said something about having additional reinforcements of vorcha to help out again the reapers? And hearing about the upcoming DLC with the Phoenix and other classes, i'm wondering is if they do add the vorcha will it come out this weekend for that challenge, or most likely with the new DLC thing. Still i think playing Vorcha and Protheans would be badassss ^_^

I think they're hinting at Vorcha first, then maybe during the next challenge weekend they'll hint at the Turians or Prothean's, etc.

Also, has anyone been keeping up with the Alliance Daily News? Maybe something on there will hint at the future DLC as well.

Squall516

ahh i see what your saying. Hinting at "reinforcements" new races/classes or w.e during the weekend challengers leading up to the new DLC. That's very possible. Either way I think Vorcha and some new classes and stuff would be cool. It certainly would also be awesome if they had like a beast mode, where you could play as the enemies or pilot and Atlas that would be sick lol.

ahh i see what your saying. Hinting at "reinforcements" new races/classes or w.e during the weekend challengers leading up to the new DLC. That's very possible. Either way I think Vorcha and some new classes and stuff would be cool. It certainly would also be awesome if they had like a beast mode, where you could play as the enemies or pilot and Atlas that would be sick lol.
I doubt a beast mode will show up ever.

However I really hope they release the DLC next week. It would be nice. I bet it will be more along the lines you speak of, but I'd like a 3-4 week wait between DLC at most :)

Kenaras

I like using the Eagle, does decent damage the worst damage of any weapon in the game with a good fire rate. The Hurricane is strong but really hard to get used to as it tends to aim up while firing.

Fixed.

Don't bother with the Eagle; in its current state, there are plenty of weapons which are better in every possible way. The Hurricane, on the other hand, can be beastly. Try it on a Turian Soldier for best results.

Mindlog

Fuck Protheans. Vorcha plz.

They should just give dark channel to some new adept class.
The way to go is to offer Dark Channel to some Cerberus reformation class. At least it has been established that Cerberus is doing everything possible to exploit every ancient technology and turn it against the xenomorphic menace. Reapers fortuitously included.

A Cerberus initiative going wrong and turning against its former master wouldn't be that much of a stretch.

Melchiah

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Geth melee destroyer
I posted a link to the best build ive seen for a melee infiltrator (credit to godlesspaladin from the BSN for his writeup) a few pages back, I guess nobody tried it :(

Tactical Cloak (5) Damage, Melee Damage
Proximity Mine (6) Radius, Damage Taken, Damage
Hunter Mode (6) Accuracy, Power Damage, Damage
Networked AI (3)
Advanced Hardware (6) Melee damage, Martial Artist, Power Synergy

All you do is cloak, shoot proxy mines and melee. Throw a claymore on and you will beast through any encounter.

I finally got the Geth Infiltrator yesterday. I tried the melee setup and its extremely powerful and fun, although it's easy to screw up and die, especially against the reapers, as the health and shields are so low. I set it differently, as I excluded the Proximity Mine completely, so I may have to reset the stats once I get one of those consumables from the equipment packs.

I'm going to try solo runs today, starting from bronze, but I think I'm going to exclude Reapers from the matches.

BTW, what's the bug the guy mentions in the beginning of the video, regarding the last stat on Tactical Cloak?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
BTW, what's the bug the guy mentions in the beginning of the video, regarding the last stat on Tactical Cloak?

That you don't need the additional power perk because you can still use it regardless. It just increases the window for you to use a power during/after cloak.

Melee Infiltrators SQUISH like all kinds of fuck though. Shit is worse than a Drell.

Melchiah

That you don't need the additional power perk because you can still use it regardless. It just increases the window for you to use a power during/after cloak.

Melee Infiltrators SQUISH like all kinds of fuck though. Shit is worse than a Drell.

The one which allows you to hit one time and remain cloaked?

Yeah, they really are glass jaws.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
The one which allows you to hit one time and remain cloaked?

Yeah, they really are glass jaws.
Yeah, that one.

Because you can get a power out and still maintain the cloak bonus if you do it fast enough. The perk opposite of that is just an additional boost to sniper damage.

Walshicus

New Turian Engie's and Infiltrators make a lot more sense than Male Quarians doubling up on the same classes as the females.

It is more likely Male Quarians will be a Soldier.

Male/Female should just be a toggle anyway. Absolutely no point in there being two "Human" everythings.

Dreamer RD

Funny thing is i dont live in the USA either.

Just kidding anyway.

Tried Sal Inf with Valiant II and I feel like helpless baby. After Geth Melee destroyer even that "ex-king" looks like shit.
Geth Vanguard could have been epic. Heavy damage from melees and you can restore barrier with bio charge.

Just kidding anyway.

Tried Sal Inf with Valiant II and I feel like helpless baby. After Geth Melee destroyer even that "ex-king" looks like shit.
Geth Vanguard could have been epic. Heavy damage from melees and you can restore barrier with bio charge.

Geth are synthetics, therefore, can't do biotics.

They would be gods among bios if they could

Bisnic

Gold Reapers are fun as hell.

I don't know if they upped the number of Banshees, but there are a lot of Banshees.

Oh boy, i hope i dont have to fight 5 Banshees at the same time. Especially on that small map i always forget the name. Glacier?

in about 5-6 hours of playtime i got the Krogan Battlemaster, Asari Justicar, Quarian Engineer, Valiant, Paladin, Hurricane and some other ok stuff. only missing two characters now i think, Batarian Soldier and Salarian Infiltrator.. i hope i get them next week some time.

should i consider myself lucky? i should use those weapons, right? Valiant seems pretty boss at least. is Paladin better than Carnifex? i cant really tell.

tried out the Justicar, fun as hell! sphere specced for max defense, so awesome to try to use it strategically to help the team. love it.

Gold Reapers are fun as hell.

I don't know if they upped the number of Banshees, but there are a lot of Banshees.

i thought they upped the number of brutes.. i swear they are coming from everywhere now, all the time :O

Bisnic

tried out the Justicar, fun as hell! sphere specced for max defense, so awesome to try to use it strategically to help the team. love it.

You should try a sphere specced for damage, its great to set in good spots where waves of enemies come from and see the biotic explosions, and the defense part is still decent enough for when you can't place it in a good enough spot.

I also love using it when i do Geth Gold White, put it near the stairs just in front of the room where everyone camps and use Reave everytime a Geth shows up. Boom!

You should try a sphere specced for damage, its great to set in good spots where waves of enemies come from and see the biotic explosions, and the defense part is still decent enough for when you can't place it in a good enough spot.

I also love using it when i do Geth Gold White, put it near the stairs just in front of the room where everyone camps and use Reave everytime a Geth shows up. Boom!

damnit, now you made me regret my decision lol. gotta respec at some point i guess.

Melchiah

The Geth melee destroyer is awesome with a decent team, but I was disappointed about how it's handled if you go for a solo mission. No matter the cloak, they're still coming after you.

Kenaras

Oh boy, i hope i dont have to fight 5 Banshees at the same time. Especially on that small map i always forget the name. Glacier?

I don't know; if the wave had that many Banshees, there'd be no budget left for anything else. Banshees are trivial as long as they don't have support from Cannibals, Marauders, and/or Ravagers.

Hacking objectives would be ridiculous, though.

Top Bottom