• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Played a bunch of Reaper/Random Gold last night with some randoms all with 1,000-2400 N7 ratings. So fun. We tried all adepts, then all geth/Salarian infiltrators. The game was faster AND easier with the Infiltrators. All four of us had the 20% damage debuff for the prox mine so we were destroying people so fast. The adepts need lots of room to set the explosions off, and warp/throw will miss on a banshee who is teleporting everywhere.

Dave_6

Wooooo got the Geth Engineer finally! I hate to ask this every time I get a new character but what's the good build for it? I usually use my Carnifex with my human and salarian engineers so should I keep using it with the Geth?

I'd say I've lucked out pretty well this weekend as I've gotten the Asari Adept and the Geth Engineer in less than 24 hours.

So I've finally gotten to where I'm competent and do decently in multiplayer but lately it seems my teammates are the worst ever imaginable. I've probably played 50+ matches this week in Silver and won about 5. Can't count the amount of times I've been lost by myself and lost just on the third wave.

Is it because I'm low rank and they stick me with other low rank players? Why doesn't anyone do the objectives? Half the time, I'm the only one standing in the upload circle while everyone is busy whoring points. That's another thing. Why the hell doesn't anyone revive? I counted 5 times where a teammate has run past me and left me when there was one around and it's always the ones with the highest scores.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
So I've finally gotten to where I'm competent and do decently in multiplayer but lately it seems my teammates are the worst ever imaginable. I've probably played 50+ matches this week in Silver and won about 5. Can't count the amount of times I've been lost by myself and lost just on the third wave.

Is it because I'm low rank and they stick me with other low rank players? Why doesn't anyone do the objectives? Half the time, I'm the only one standing in the upload circle while everyone is busy whoring points. That's another thing. Why the hell doesn't anyone revive? I counted 5 times where a teammate has run past me and left me when there was one around and it's always the ones with the highest scores.

This is one of the main reasons I play infiltrator. One way or another you can do everything yourself.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

Maybe you're just unlucky. I rarely, if never, fail Silver on Wave 3 and can usually win most of them. And it seems most people try to revive others if possible and if not too far away or stuck in the middle of monsters. I play on PC by the way.

Xevren

I know on xbox a large majority of the players are pretty terrible. I've had many stretches where I'm stuck by myself on silver since they can't handle staying alive.

Wooooo got the Geth Engineer finally! I hate to ask this every time I get a new character but what's the good build for it? I usually use my Carnifex with my human and salarian engineers so should I keep using it with the Geth?

I'd say I've lucked out pretty well this weekend as I've gotten the Asari Adept and the Geth Engineer in less than 24 hours.

Some people use the turret offensively, I use mine defensive with as much shield regen as possible. Make overload as powerful as possible, possibly with chain overload. Hunter mode upgraded with the best possible range and power. 66653.

Its a partial support build, but it can be extremely powerful. I've done very well on gold and silver with a widow or carnifex.

I've killed at least 200 banshees myself this weekend. We we're trying to exploit every wave 10 by killing banshees as soon as they spawned with our rockets, making them continuously respawn until we finally completed the objective.

Hopefully others did the same.

I've killed as much Banshee as I could but rising the objective from 1 million to 3 millions of the hardest foe in the game ? I don't know man...

Two spectre packs in a row with a Saber.

Now that I have all common, uncommon and gold weapons, the game is going to give me an ultra rare per pack ? Right ?! Right ?!

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Two spectre packs in a row with a Saber.

Now that I have all common, uncommon and gold weapons, the game is going to give me an ultra rare per pack ? Right ?! Right ?!
200,000 for a ultra rare pack

would save ppl a lot of money

Dreamer RD

I killed about 50 banshees lately and gave up. It's a broken enemy with unfair instant kill attacks. PC community hopefully will kill a lot of these bitches. They can rotate camera during run after all.

Bisnic

I killed about 50 banshees lately and gave up. It's a broken enemy with unfair instant kill attacks. PC community hopefully will kill a lot of these bitches. They can rotate camera during run after all.

Banshees arent hard at all.

Its the Ravagers, Marauders and Cannibals shooting at you while you focus and run away from her.

Dave_6

Ravagers are the most fucking annoying enemy in the game IMO. At least my newly acquired Asari Adept is good at taking them out quickly.

Bisnic

Ravagers are the most fucking annoying enemy in the game IMO. At least my newly acquired Asari Adept is good at taking them out quickly.

Tell me about it, if you dont see the first missile, you're pretty much dead by the time the 3rd hit you, since they shoot them so damn fast.

Dreamer RD

I had some unfair grabs in host matches too. Saying that Banshee is not dangerous at all is pretty much stupid.
They remind me fucking Lickers from RE5 with their instant kill grabs, but there was button prompts at least and much easier to evade. ME3 is just a fucking broken glitchy mess, unfortunately.

Tell me that when you are impaled from like 5 meters distance. Their energy "poison ball" is also can be pain in the ass.

I agree with their sometimes unfair grab, but as long as you're aware, it should keep those to a minimum.

I do disagree with their Warp power - as long as you tell your teammates you've been hit (especially if you're a squishy adept or Geth Infiltrator), you should be just fine once you eventually die, so long as you run towards them.

Bisnic

The Banshees will drop you if someone staggers them with a biotic explosion or shoots them with a missile launcher before they can one hit kill you.

You really need to have the Missile Launcher ready when someone gets grabbed though. By the time i take it out, aim and charge the Missile Launcher, the other player will already be dead.

The Banshees will drop you if someone staggers them with a biotic explosion or shoots them with a missile launcher before they can one hit kill you.

I also heard if you spec it and time it right, the Banshee will drop you if you detonate tech armor with the Sentinel class. Anyone have video or experience with this working?

A buddy tried last night in Wave 4, but he died, and it detonated too. His wasn't necessarily specc'd for damage burst though.

rozay

Banned
You really need to have the Missile Launcher ready when someone gets grabbed though. By the time i take it out, aim and charge the Missile Launcher, the other player will already be dead.
Easiest ways I've seen of dealing with this are having an adept continually have reave on the banshee, or a batarian soldier using ballistic blades. If someone gets picked up, the adept can run up and throw a detonation bubble or use cluster grenades to stagger it, or the blade explosion will stagger it (though it's hard to time)

Dreamer RD

Yeah there is a way to escape the grab with heavy staggering attacks. But it wont help if your team is bunch of noobs, or Banshees show some weird behaviour. Yesterday tried to record gold match vs reapers but on wave 6 elimination 2 Banshees killed all 3 partners in about 10 sec period. I was like WTF? They simply teleported from lower level of Dagger to the upper ones where usually squad shoots from above (normally they coming from the side paths)

Chocobro

Yeah there is a way to escape the grab with heavy staggering attacks. But it wont help if your team is bunch of noobs, or Banshees show some weird behaviour. Yesterday tried to record gold match vs reapers but on wave 6 elimination 2 Banshees killed all 3 partners in about 10 sec period. I was like WTF? They simply teleported from lower level of Dagger to the upper ones where usually squad shoots from above (normally they coming from the side paths)

The first time that happened to me I jumped out of my seat and screamed, totally didn't see that coming. My cousins were laughing at me afterwards D:

rozay

Banned
Isn't the community objective is giving the pack with the special weapons ?

Victory packs are held for having a full gold extract ?

Or is it the other way around
other way around. honestly the victory pack should give everyone an ultra rare, 3mil banshees is a hard task!

Bisnic

other way around. honestly the victory pack should give everyone an ultra rare, 3mil banshees is a hard task!

Kill 0 banshees, get a free ultra-rare.

Not sure that's what Bioware wants. Must be why its only consumables. Unless they find a way to make sure people who do not participate gets nothing. Even then, they should put some kind of minimum limit to get it. Killing 5 Banshees in 1 game is barely what i would call "participating".

4 Asari Adepts on Gold Run with Cerberus is a LOT of fun. Just constant biotic explosions, esp when people know what they are doing and time Warp Vs Throw.

very good team on tonight - shame only one of us got extracted at the end.

To my i find silver is a good challenge, gold is fine IF you use consumables and you have a good team. i hate wasting my creds on the jumbo equipment pack tho when i need to upgrade my damn weapons. Still on Carnifex IV and Black Widow 1 :(

I played a gold match vs Reapers on Giant.

I was Justicar build
1 Asari Adept
1 Human Vanguard
1 other guy

Basically, we would tell the vanguard where to charge into (granted if there were no Banshees around), and while I reaved, and the asari sent her Warps, the Vanguard would set them off with his AoE charge and Nova. It was pretty awesome to see 4-5 explosions at one time, and the groups were going down SUPER fast.

On the banshee rounds though, the strategy only worked once we got the Banshees' barriers down.

Edit: Reading the Bioware forums, someone suggested an Adept build with Barrier, Reave and Throw. That would be so OP-ed, but so much fun.

Mindlog

I'm almost convinced that Shockwave is as good as Nova for chain biotics these days.

Squeezing in a couple more games before Diablo III kills multiplayer has been fun. It's strange how just a couple of weeks ago I was all about Krogan. Now I use them even less than Quarians. Sabotage is amazing even if it doesn't reflect in your final score.

Finally, out of spite I started looking at the weapons I never use. My Wraith II was staring at me. I grabbed it with one of my Human Soldier builds and easily took top score with it. I'm beginning to believe top score is fairly meaningless.

Still, soldiers are also underrated. Will be getting my Talon and Turian together.

Gui_PT

Fellow Mass Effecters, could any of you give me a link to that page that tells me which weapons/characters I've unlocked? Had a great weekend and monday in terms of rares

Top Bottom