• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Gui_PT

Here you go http://social.bioware.com/profile_redirect.php?game=me3&page=multiplayer :-D

Just played Gold/Reapers with really good randoms. Finished it in 26:24. fastest clear time for me ever on gold/reapers.

Thanks!

So in these last 3 days I unlocked:

M-358 Talon I
M-77 Paladin I
M-90 Indra I
Along with a few regular weapons up to 10

Batarian Sentinel

Got to Capacity 5 on all consumables

Feels good!

is it just me or is Solider an absolute shit in MP unless you have some top-notch weapons?
I'm at lvl 15-ish if I'm not mistaken (played a total of 5 matches so far) but the gear is pure garbage and most of what I'm getting in a match is assists and very little kills because those biotic folks tear the place up leaving me with breadcrumbs.
Purchasing items is a lottery and so far I haven't gotten anything (still stuck with default gear).
I think I'll switch to Vanguard/Adepts as soon as I max out this fella.

is it just me or is Solider an absolute shit in MP unless you have some top-notch weapons?
I'm at lvl 15-ish if I'm not mistaken (played a total of 5 matches so far) but the gear is pure garbage and most of what I'm getting in a match is assists and very little kills because those biotic folks tear the place up leaving me with breadcrumbs.
Purchasing items is a lottery and so far I haven't gotten anything (still stuck with default gear).
I think I'll switch to Vanguard/Adepts as soon as I max out this fella.

I've been playing as a Krogan Soldier recently on bronze and he is absolutely devastating. 40-50k runs at around level 10-14. Admittedly, the claymore i've got helps!

My only irritation is the frequency i've been knocked out of games for no apparent reason. Must have lost thousands of credits / exp recently. It was enough to sotp me playing for the last few days. I need my credit hit!

I've been playing as a Krogan Soldier recently on bronze and he is absolutely devastating. 40-50k runs at around level 10-14. Admittedly, the claymore i've got helps!

My only irritation is the frequency i've been knocked out of games for no apparent reason. Must have lost thousands of credits / exp recently. It was enough to sotp me playing for the last few days. I need my credit hit!
I'm playing as Human so maybe that's the problem. I'll try teh kroganz. :)

For me the best team to have on gold is:

2 x Asari Adepts who know what they are doing
Geth Engineer - with a turret
geth infiltrator with a black widow.

With that team and everyone knowing what they are doing it should be pretty much unbeatable.

For me the best team to have on gold is:

2 x Asari Adepts who know what they are doing
Geth Engineer - with a turret
geth infiltrator with a black widow.

With that team and everyone knowing what they are doing it should be pretty much unbeatable.

Just had two gold cerberus with two asari adepts (no justicars) and two salarian engi and infiltrators with black widow.

Gold felt like bronze. Nothing could get near us on Hydra because we were holding hi grounds and the enemies had to walk exposed towards us. It was a shooting gallery and a biotic artillery field

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

Everything tears shit up on Bronze

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
A Krogan Vanguard with a light shotgun is near invincible on Silver. 2 Geths Primes and pyros couldnt even kill me since i was meleeing and spamming Biotic Charge to recharge 100% of my barrier at every opportunity. Not something i would have been able to do with a Claymore sadly, a bit too heavy to spam Biotic Charge.

A Krogan Vanguard with a light shotgun is near invincible on Silver. 2 Geths Primes and pyros couldnt even kill me since i was meleeing and spamming Biotic Charge to recharge 100% of my barrier at every opportunity. Not something i would have been able to do with a Claymore sadly, a bit too heavy to spam Biotic Charge.

Claymore X with recharge amp III is fine.

I really want to try that AT12 raider batarian shotgun from SP in MP. Fast, powerfull shots with huge spread : sounds perfect for any vanguards

ME3_Raider_Shotgun.png

I'd love to see Argus and Valkyrie too. I feel we don't have such a good selection of AR.

Bisnic

Claymore X with recharge amp III is fine.

I really want to try that AT12 raider batarian shotgun from SP in MP. Fast, powerfull shots with huge spread : sounds perfect for any vanguards

ME3_Raider_Shotgun.png

I'd love to see Argus and Valkyrie too. I feel we don't have such a good selection of AR.

Yeah, but my Claymore has been at IV for a while now, i really cant spam Biotic Charge with this while staying in melee range of my targets without dying, so i have to go with something really light like a Disciple or Eviscerator for now. Beside i dont like relying on limited consumables that you randomly get from packs to be an invincible Vanguard. :p

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Goddamn moron Vanguards on Gold. Seriously wtf. Charge into a group of Banshees, get insta-killed, repeat for four rounds, quit. Fuck you.

So? Gotta start somewhere unless he's trying to do a Gold run.

Does the Salarian Infiltrator have any good tricks to taking down Banshees and Beserkers? Banshees are a huge pain to take down when the entire squad is down and my energy drain doesn't do a whole lot of damage against the barrier. Same goes for Beserkers.

Cat Party

So? Gotta start somewhere unless he's trying to do a Gold run.

Does the Salarian Infiltrator have any good tricks to taking down Banshees and Beserkers? Banshees are a huge pain to take down when the entire squad is down and my energy drain doesn't do a whole lot of damage against the barrier. Same goes for Beserkers.

Berserkers? Do you mean Brutes?

Energy Drain works well against the barrier. Then it's all about making your shots count and not waiting too long in between shots.

Rufus

That shouldn't be possible. You can only get the Valiant for completing the extraction objectives, and at a minimum that would get you a bunch of experience. Some kind of glitch.
He's on PS3, so he probably got it through the consolation packs they gave out to PS3 players to make up for the lack of events.

Mindlog

im pretty sure not everyone does a firebase white geth BRONZE run
A certain group of people do -_-
I finished the wave last time I was in a group trying to do it. They dropped the difficulty from Gold to Bronze without telling me. I should have noticed so it's partially my fault. Still. I play for credits AND challenge. Don't waste my time with some stupid exploit that saves 7 minutes at the expense of fun. If they tried not to suck they would be able to earn more credits just clearing Gold quickly.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I've gotten so bored of White Geth Gold. I don't even bother camping inside the room. I just stay just below the stairs behind the barrier. I get yelled at sometimes by my teammates, but I rarely get killed and if I do I rez myself instead of risking their lives. It's riskier, but keeps me on my toes more which is more fun than hiding behind a desk for twenty minutes.

I've gotten so bored of White Geth Gold. I don't even bother camping inside the room. I just stay just below the stairs behind the barrier. I get yelled at sometimes by my teammates, but I rarely get killed and if I do I rez myself instead of risking their lives. It's riskier, but keeps me on my toes more which is more fun than hiding behind a desk for twenty minutes.

I think I get bored of it, until wave 8,9, and 10. It always gets spicy in there.

Mindlog

First it was Microsoft putting the screws to them.
Now Sony may have leaked the new DLC Info :p

http://asia.playstation.com/hk/en/psn/addOnDetail/274272#
*The DLC details on the site are exactly the same as te previous leak. To be taken with heavy doses of salt.

I have well over a million credits just waiting for some DLC loaded Premium Packs.

*Update
Sorry folks, this is not true. There is no ME3 MP DLC coming out tomorrow. This is the internet and you cannot "unsee" things, but the details in this are not correct.
-Chris Priestly

*The DLC details on the site are exactly the same as te previous leak. To be taken with heavy doses of salt.

I have well over a million credits just waiting for some DLC loaded Premium Packs.
I want to believe, but Wednesday is an odd release day. Should I save credits tonight in case?

GSR

I doubt the release date is real, but I'm guessing the content of the pack is. I'm still wondering what the "Phoenix" classes are, though I've got a bad feeling it's just more humans.

Bisnic

I doubt the release date is real, but I'm guessing the content of the pack is. I'm still wondering what the "Phoenix" classes are, though I've got a bad feeling it's just more humans.

Why would they add more humans to current classes? You can't really add more than a male and a female, unless you completely change their skills.

Mindlog

Sorry folks, this is not true. There is no ME3 MP DLC coming out tomorrow. This is the internet and you cannot "unsee" things, but the details in this are not correct.
-Chris Priestly

I want my Vorcha Soldier.

Cat Party

Well that's as good as official confirmation. Must be male Quarians (and not Turians like I hoped). Phoenix = Protheans, for sure. Just accept it. Stoked that it might be releasing tomorrow.

EDIT:

DAMN YOU CHRIS PRIESTLEY!

It doesn't make any sens. We already have quarians engi and infiltrators.

And what the hell are phoenix ?!

X-Frame

A Male Quarian can obviously be another Soldier, but what else? A Sentinel?

Err, wait -- forgot the leak specifically says they will be another Engineer and Infiltrator. That's still odd, unless they get all new powers and are not just clones of the females like the humans are.

AlStrong

Should I bother trying to get all the Uncommon weapons upgraded? Finally got all the Rare weapons to level 10. Should I keep going for Premium Spectre packs? I'm only missing a couple Rare character customization options but meh.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Should I bother trying to get all the Uncommon weapons upgraded? Finally got all the Rare weapons to level 10. Should I keep going for Premium Spectre packs? I'm only missing a couple Rare character customization options but meh.
You got all the Rares to 10 already? lol
I suppose you might as well, because you'll probably get more character cards than Ultra Rares at that point.

X-Frame

You don't know that Hell.

You don't want to know that Hell.

I have all the original mods, weapons, and character fully leveled as well, just need to finish off the DLC weapons and characters. After that I'll likely get one Jumbo pack per game or two and save the rest for the inevitable new DLC.

AlStrong

You got all the Rares to 10 already? lol
I suppose you might as well, because you'll probably get more character cards than Ultra Rares at that point.

:p

hm... I guess I'll be getting a lot more equipment too.. :)

edit: boo... just got 5 vet packs with character cards >:|

Mindlog

No commendation pack, no special pack, no DLC and no balance changes yet:
Unfortunately, this week's balance changes will not be available today. We will try to get them out as soon as possible.

As a preview of this week's changes, we will be buffing some weapons including the Eagle, and making some changes to the Geth enemies that spawn on Gold waves.
Yeah, they're all busy playing Diablo.

Top Bottom