• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My network issue went away (it must have been on EA's end) and I ended up doing a Platinum, my first, as a Jugs. That was not fun to play, but it was fun to look at the money.

Sai

RE: Scopeless Saber:

Yeah, now I remember why I never used it without a scope again. Wouldn't be as big of an issue if the reticle was smaller.

Asari: Warp -> AF Debuff -> Incendiary Reegar -> dead everything.
Wouldn't Warp Ammo be a better combination?

I've tried the Valkyrie a few times, crazy how fast she can take down everything. At first, I made the mistake of trying to rush down everything with her as you would with the N7 Fury, and it just doesn't work out quite as well. Warp, Annihilation Field, and Warp Ammo let's her dish out some obscene damage with weapons though.

Question: Can the Valkyrie's Tech Armor be used to detonate biotic explosions primed by Warp or Annihilation Field? Never tried that out.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

Yeah, now I remember why I never used it without a scope again. Wouldn't be as big of an issue if the reticle was smaller.

I've tried the Valkyrie a few times, crazy how fast she can take down everything. At first, I made the mistake of trying to rush down everything with her as you would with the N7 Fury, and it just doesn't work out quite as well. Warp, Annihilation Field, and Warp Ammo let's her dish out some obscene damage with weapons though.

Question: Can the Valkyrie's Tech Armor be used to detonate biotic explosions primed by Warp or Annihilation Field? Never tried that out.

Tech Armor can only detonate cryo, overload/disruptor, and incindiary stuff. But using both biotic and tech damage allows you to essentially double up on damage done. The only trick is getting a hang of cooldowns after detonation if you take that road. I've seen guys go pure damage with tech armor on platinum so I know its possible but knowing the range is a big part of that balance as well

Chocobro

That's the same problem I had with the scopeless Saber. Think I'll give the TS Saber another try while playing on a higher sensitivity.
I wish I was playing on the PC so I don't have to deal with the limitations of the controller. Where's my Manifest transfer tool?!

Lastly, warp incendiary cheese.

Edit: What sensitivity to you play on when using the TS Saber?

Chocobro

how the hell do you adjust sensitivity?

Controller settings iirc.

Does camera sensitivity affect the aiming sensitivity as well?

Edit: I did a little testing and I think increasing my sensitivity to high made the aiming speed slightly faster with the Saber w/ TS.

dammit got dissed off xbla 2x in a row. both with level 4 consumables equipped. fuck this, anyone else having problems connecting?
Not me :\ I just played a silver and gold game.

hey LOREC sorry man you messaged on the last round of a game i was in. its 11:30pm here and i have work tomorrow (i live in Dubai) so its a bit late.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Particle Rifle VII. I want to like this AR, I really do, but...

Have you tried it with a Turian Ghost Infiltrator specced with cloak having extra AR damage, and equipped with the Magazine upgrade and High-Velocity Barrel? You can get a clip of over 200 with the magazine upgrade. I find the gun pretty powerful on armored units that way.

Have you tried it with a Turian Ghost Infiltrator specced with cloak having extra AR damage, and equipped with the Magazine upgrade and High-Velocity Barrel? You can get a clip of over 200 with the magazine upgrade. I find the gun pretty powerful on armored units that way.

it WONT work with Sai's play style. Hit n run headshots dont work with the PPR ;)

When looking at a gun's stats, theres a blue line, a green line, and a yellow line. The blue is the gun's natural stats, the green is what your mods do to it. What's the yellow line?

Sai

300px-Hurricane_Isabel_from_ISS.jpg

12074327311562940906milker_X_icon.svg.med.png

:D

I got a Blood Pack Punisher I and Awakened Collector II over the weekend, which amount to nothing for me anyway.

Got a Geth Plasma Shotgun I on Sat so I was finally able to start playing my AIU as recommended. Then I later got the Reegar I so there's no turning back now. I'm having trouble gauging the range of the Reegar, currently I feel like I need to be right next to the enemy but I know that's not right. Cloak/snap freeze/Reegar does ridiculous damage, I love it but don't use it too often, only for the big guys. What are you guys equipping for your non-shotgun on the AIU? My Geth SMG is at level 5 so I'm using that until I get something better

I got a Blood Pack Punisher I and Awakened Collector II over the weekend, which amount to nothing for me anyway.

Got a Geth Plasma Shotgun I on Sat so I was finally able to start playing my AIU as recommended. Then I later got the Reegar I so there's no turning back now. I'm having trouble gauging the range of the Reegar, currently I feel like I need to be right next to the enemy but I know that's not right. Cloak/snap freeze/Reegar does ridiculous damage, I love it but don't use it too often, only for the big guys. What are you guys equipping for your non-shotgun on the AIU? My Geth SMG is at level 5 so I'm using that until I get something better

Why would you take a 2nd gun on the AIU? I want my cool down to be a quick as possible, and since I am constantly going to ammo boxes for repairs anyway, I never bring a 2nd gun.

Why would you take a 2nd gun on the AIU? I want my cool down to be a quick as possible, and since I am constantly going to ammo boxes for repairs anyway, I never bring a 2nd gun.

The Reegar is way too short range for me, plus the ammo it holds only allows for I think 4 full shots before needing more ammo. It's possible to go Reegar only and not get dead last on the leaderboard? I feel like too much time would be spent on going for ammo

Sai

You have to stay on the move and at mid to close range with the AIU anyways, UpperCaseN. Running by an ammo crate in between mowing down groups is pretty much necessary, as you'll be using Repair Matrix often.

You shouldn't even need to use the Reegar's full clip to take out anything but boss units.

It's possible to go Reegar only and not get dead last on the leaderboard?
Lol

The Reegar is way too short range for me, plus the ammo it holds only allows for I think 4 full shots before needing more ammo. It's possible to go Reegar only and not get dead last on the leaderboard? I feel like too much time would be spent on going for ammo

I top the leaderboard all the time with AIU and I never use anything else then the Reegar. After each mob I always hit an ammo box. If really does only take a second or 2 of fire to take out anything but a boss, so once you get the hang of that you can conserve ammo big time. The goal is to get snap freeze to cool down as fast as possible, so that you are always coming out of cloak when you fire your Reegar.

thanks for the tips, guys. I just watched a youtube vid of a platinum run with the AIU, I'm going to try an emulate the style tonight on bronze/silver to get the flow of it. The player was using an AT-12 Raider and I read a few pages back that someone here uses a Claymore, neither of which I have. I'll have to keep going for Arsenal packs looking for these guns, I might like them more

thanks for the tips, guys. I just watched a youtube vid of a platinum run with the AIU, I'm going to try an emulate the style tonight on bronze/silver to get the flow of it. The player was using an AT-12 Raider and I read a few pages back that someone here uses a Claymore, neither of which I have. I'll have to keep going for Arsenal packs looking for these guns, I might like them more

Dude. you NEED to max out your common weapons first then rares.

I use the claymore, there has maybe been only one of the 50 games ive played with the AIU where i havent finished on top.

Tips:

Stay mobile, dive often, use an adrenalin mod. DONT use cover, you dont need it.

Cloak > Snap Freeze > Instant shot.

Repair matrix is awesome. Run by ammo creates.

Dont be scared of anything - you can take out EVERYTHING with the AIU just be smart. Try and lure single enemies to you and headshot them. THe only thing that will take you down is a group of Phantoms.

My Equip as standard:

Claymore X - Smart Choke V with Extended Barrel V (25% Damage)
Shock Trooper Upgrade V
Armour Piercing/Drill Rounds
Shotgun Rail Amp 3
Adrenalin Mod 3.

I find this the best loadout in the game.

The reeger is also awesome, but i like one shot kills.

Dude. you NEED to max out your common weapons first then rares.
common weapons are maxed, uncommons are not though, does that apply to them as well?

Dont be scared of anything - you can take out EVERYTHING with the AIU just be smart. Try and lure single enemies to you and headshot them. THe only thing that will take you down is a group of Phantoms.
how about guardians? I can't get behind them or strip the shield, does the combo work through it? I struggle with them, Geth Bombers, and turrets

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Maxed my commons the other day after running my first Plat. Not too psyched about the Uncommons next. :/

Sai

common weapons are maxed, uncommons are not though, does that apply to them as well?
Yes. You have to go in order, man. Best way of building up your consumables, mods, and getting the stuff you really want from the Rare/Ultra Rare pool more consistently.

Plus, there are some decent weapons in the Uncommon pool. And the weapon mods are important.

how about guardians? I can't get behind them or strip the shield, does the combo work through it? I struggle with them, Geth Bombers, and turrets
For Guardians, if you don't have any armor piercing mods or ammo, you can cloak and flank them. Though that can be tricky depending on the difficulty and number of enemies in the immediate vicinity, as you need to be a certain distance away in order to get around them undetected.

Not sure what to tell you about Bombers and Turrets... How exactly are you struggling with them?

Yes. You have to go in order, man. Best way of building up your consumables, mods, and getting the stuff you really want from the Rare/Ultra Rare pool more consistently.

dang, seems like a time sink, I'm still at the Silver is too easy but Gold is too hard level. My wife hates playing Gold and I'm usually playing with her, so that doesn't help. TBH, I don't know if we'll be playing long enough for the max out common and uncommon to get rares easier to matter. I have a feeling by the time I max out uncommons, we'll be on to the next thing, whatever that is. I'd rather have some rares and UR's now.

Not sure what to tell you about Bombers and Turrets... How exactly are you struggling with them?

Turrets take me by surprise, like I'll run into an area for whatever reason and before I know it, a turret makes me swiss cheese.

This is me fighting a geth bomber:
iKVDqjbbbHenj.gif

Chocobro

Turrets take me by surprise, like I'll run into an area for whatever reason and before I know it, a turret makes me swiss cheese.

But you can hear the turrets being set up so your awareness should be higher and keep an eye out for them. I generally take a glance at an area before running in there.

Geth Bombers, never had a problem with them, once they drop their bombs, I just strafe to the side and just unload on them while they are finishing their animation.

Sai, you might have converted me to a Saber user after I switched to High Sensitivity. Good stuff!

yes go in order.

guardians: cloak. snap freeze. kill then with one shot through the damn shield and listening to the sickening head pop.

either have armour piercing mods on or have drill or armour piercing rounds.

I just hit 160k points on gold with the aiu joining the game in round 3 and doubling the next guys score.

dang, seems like a time sink, I'm still at the Silver is too easy but Gold is too hard level. My wife hates playing Gold and I'm usually playing with her, so that doesn't help. TBH, I don't know if we'll be playing long enough for the max out common and uncommon to get rares easier to matter. I have a feeling by the time I max out uncommons, we'll be on to the next thing, whatever that is. I'd rather have some rares and UR's now.

iKVDqjbbbHenj.gif

lolled hard at the image man.

run a gold match with myself and sai. ask ur wife too. well take you through it. add me IAMBLEST on xbl.

geth bomber is one shot with a claymore.

Plus, there are some decent weapons in the Uncommon pool. And the weapon mods are important.

For Guardians, if you don't have any armor piercing mods or ammo, you can cloak and flank them. Though that can be tricky depending on the difficulty and number of enemies in the immediate vicinity, as you need to be a certain distance away in order to get around them undetected.

For Guardians, if you have an Acolyte, shoot at the floor or wall immediately next to them. It'll bounce them and that's that. Otherwise, Pull, Lash, Singularity, Scoped weapon...these should give you less issues.

Bombers and Turrets = Pick an explosion, Use Reagar/Harrier/etc.

Bisnic

Just put a weapon mod that pierce armor and Guardians are a joke.

Speaking of mods, I never thought I would max all my gears before them. I'm still stuck with the power mods of SMGs at rank IV and pistols at rank II and probably some shotgun/AR/Sniper weight reduction ones that I don't care much about. 99k packs have only been giving consumables IV lately. But I only buy like one or two a day anyway lol.

Those power gun mods are awesome by the way. It's hard to not use them. I've been using my Hurricane X with that mod and the stabilization one with most of my classes now. Unless its a class that is better with a shotgun(AIU) or AR(Turian Ghost).

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Had a good night finally clicking with the Awakened Collector. Coming from someone who primarily uses a Jugs, the squishiness of the Collector took a while to get used to, but I see the errors of my specs already so I'm gonna promote him and spec for the biggest balls I can toss. He's a lot of fun to play - but I don't touch Awakened stance or whatever it's called.

Got a Geth Plasma Shotgun I on Sat so I was finally able to start playing my AIU as recommended.
Then I later got the Reegar I so there's no turning back now. I'm having trouble gauging the range of the Reegar, currently I feel like I need to be right next to the enemy but I know that's not right. Cloak/snap freeze/Reegar does ridiculous damage, I love it but don't use it too often, only for the big guys. What are you guys equipping for your non-shotgun on the AIU? My Geth SMG is at level 5 so I'm using that until I get something better
I got a geth plasma shotgun as the same time as a graal spike thrower and I much prefer the spike thrower on my Human Dragoon vanguard, I just can't understand how to use the geth shotty.
Anyway, its weird playing something other than soldier, as that's what I use in SP and the BF3 soldier was my first MP class.

Bisnic

I got a geth plasma shotgun as the same time as a graal spike thrower and I much prefer the spike thrower on my Human Dragoon vanguard, I just can't understand how to use the geth shotty.
Anyway, its weird playing something other than soldier, as that's what I use in SP and the BF3 soldier was my first MP class.

You'll learn in time how other classes can be just as fun, if not more, than soldiers. :p I'm starting to like the Geth Trooper Soldier though, i'm like an overpowered Geth Pyro.

my god the graal is terrible. once you get more weapons youll see this. for the shotties, claymore, crusader, reeger and gps are the best for me.

im not a big fan of shotties on vanguards, you need quick cooldown for that. id use a hurricane or carnifex with the new power amp if you have them. acolyte could also be useful.

Bisnic

my god the graal is terrible. once you get more weapons youll see this. for the shotties, claymore, crusader, reeger and gps are the best for me.

im not a big fan of shotties on vanguards, you need quick cooldown for that. id use a hurricane or carnifex with the new power amp if you have them. acolyte could also be useful.

The Reegar and Piranha aren't very heavy weight, so they're still decent on a Vanguard. I even sometimes use the Disciple on my Kroguard since its so light and putting the best melee mod that also increase weight do not affect the Biotic Charge cooldown too much.

The Reegar and Piranha aren't very heavy weight, so they're still decent on a Vanguard. I even sometimes use the Disciple on my Kroguard since its so light and putting the best melee mod that also increase weight do not affect the Biotic Charge cooldown too much.

ur right piranha is good for the vanguard. do you guys remember the piranha pre nerfs? one clip with a GI could waste a damn atlas. 8 rounds and so much power. used to love that thing!

Top Bottom