• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Montresor

What is it, just the stuff from the LE?

It comes with the following:

*Premium metal case featuring commemorative artwork of Commander Shepard
*70-page hardbound art book featuring hundreds of unique and gorgeous illustrations from the BioWare development team
*Limited edition Mass Effect comic by Dark Horse Comics, complete with unique cover artwork
*Join the ranks of the N7 with the premium fabric N7 patch
*Exclusive 4x6 lithographic print featuring a one-of-a-kind piece of artwork
*A full collection of in-game content that can't be found anywhere else:
=>N7 Arsenal Pack - Bring the firepower with the N7 Sniper Rifle, Shotgun, SMG, and Pistol
=>Robotic Dog - A faithful sidekick to keep you company on board the Normandy
=>Squadmate Alternate Outfit Pack - New appearances for your favorite squad members
=>N7 Hoodie - For Commander Shepard's casual days on board the Normandy
*Mass Effect 3 with the digital soundtrack
*Xbox LIVE Normandy prop for your avatar
*A collection of forum and social badges, avatars, and perks

FUUUUUCK. I got that from this amazon.ca link. Funny, I can't see the day one DLC on there, but I could have sworn reading somewhere that it was included in the limited edition.

I want all of that stuff.

masterkajo

Been playing for some time now. I actually like it.

Anyone know what that giant thing on your back is supposed to be? It isn't a heavy weapon, is it? I have no idea how to use it.

EDIT: also, anyone know if in singleplayer you can choose to not equip a heavy weapon?

It comes with the following:

FUUUUUCK. I got that from this amazon.ca link. Funny, I can't see the day one DLC on there, but I could have sworn reading somewhere that it was included in the limited edition.

I want all of that stuff.

oh, no I was talking about what the day one DLC was, not what was in the LE. I was basically asking if the day one DLC was the stuff like the robo dog and the arsenal pack.

Arjen

Anyone know what that giant thing on your back is supposed to be? It isn't a heavy weapon, is it? I have no idea how to use it.

EDIT: also, anyone know if in singleplayer you can choose to not equip a heavy weapon?

Yep, heavy weapon, in the packs you can buy it sometimes gives you ammo for it.
You can press d-pad up to use it.

Woorloog

Banned

I think you can opt not to have a heavy weapon for they weight (supposedly) a lot.
As for the heavy weapon on your back in MP, it is Cobra Missile Launcher. As you buy equipmet packs, Cobras can be included in them. You can use it by pressing D-pad Up.

EDIT FUUU- Beaten.

masterkajo

Yep, heavy weapon, in the packs you can buy it sometimes gives you ammo for it.
You can press d-pad up to use it.

I think you can opt not to have a heavy weapon for they weight (supposedly) a lot.
As for the heavy weapon on your back in MP, it is Cobra Missile Launcher. As you buy equipmet packs, Cobras can be included in them. You can use it by pressing D-pad Up.

EDIT FUUU- Beaten.

Ah ok, thanks! I suppose you have to have the Cobra Missile Launcher equipped in MP then. Won't play the SP since I don't want to get spoiled. But if I can really choose not to equip the Heavy Weapon I am sooo happy. That really bugged me in ME2 that I can't see the back of my female hero :)

Woorloog

Banned
Ah ok, thanks! I suppose you have to have the Cobra Missile Launcher equipped in MP then. Won't play the SP since I don't want to get spoiled. But if I can really choose not to equip the Heavy Weapon I am sooo happy. That really bugged me in ME2 that I can't see the back of my female hero :)

Well, you cannot choose your equipment in the demo's single player partition so we don't know for sure (at least i don't) but i'd imagine you can go without a power weapon since in the second demo mission you don't have a heavy weapon equipped but whether that is due to pre-set weapon loadout is unknown.

I don't really care either way, as long as you gain full heavy weapon ammo after every mission. The concept was great in ME2 but the scarcity of the ammo meant i saved everything for the bosses (on Horizon and final mission).

Montresor

oh, no I was talking about what the day one DLC was, not what was in the LE. I was basically asking if the day one DLC was the stuff like the robo dog and the arsenal pack.

I'm going to admit, I can't find a legitimate article about this. I can't remember where I got the idea that there was DEFINITELY some day one ME3 DLC. All I can find is this, which isn't 100% confirmation.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
There's an advertised 'bonus character and mission' with the CE version of ME3. I assume this will be launch day DLC for everybody with the standard version.

JambiBum

Woorlog maybe you know this, I can use every single one of the d pad quick uses except for the medigel for some reason. I don't know if I'm just not using it at the right time or if there is another button I have to press in order to get it to work. Any ideas?

exYle

Woorlog maybe you know this, I can use every single one of the d pad quick uses except for the medigel for some reason. I don't know if I'm just not using it at the right time or if there is another button I have to press in order to get it to work. Any ideas?

To the extent of my knowledge, you can only use it to revive yourself when downed.

exYle

Sounds like how it worked in ME2. ME1 was better, I like healing potions instead of rechargeable health.

In single-player, Medkits are used just like that. Health is divided into five rechargeable segments, and your health only automatically regenerates up to first bar that wasn't eliminated. So, if you are literally on the verge of death but survive, you will only have 20% of your maximum health until you use a medkit. Like Resistance's health system.

Tess3ract

Banned
In single-player, Medkits are used just like that. Health is divided into five rechargeable segments, and your health only automatically regenerates up to first bar that wasn't eliminated. So, if you are literally on the verge of death but survive, you will only have 20% of your maximum health until you use a medkit. Like Resistance's health system.
Never played Resistance but I'll take your word for it.

I'm waiting for the PC demo because I don't touch my consoles and I refuse to, especially when I've been playing Bioware games on the pc instead for years.

Vire

Question, how do I log in with my pc Origins account?

I have BF3 on PC but it's not recognizing it since it just auto log ins when I load it up on my 360. Hmm not sure what to do.

Nopren

Reporting for duty on the PC

Gaf: Saften
OriginID: BottPlugBaronen

Does anyone know where the demo will be? Is it gonna pop up in the Origin Store?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
BioWare's post on the forums said ~10am PST, which is in about ten minutes, but the twitter is saying 12pm PST, which is in about two hours.

rozay

Banned
Why do heavy weapons not appear on the loadout screen? Is it possible to unequip the cobra/does it add weight?

EatChildren

I always get surprisingly good speeds on Origin, despite my archaic Australian internet. Should be finished in 10 minutes.

EatChildren

The demo does not appear to be up for the US. EU/Australia yes, I think.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
5555555555o7uxh.png

Tess3ract

Banned
Seems PC isn't even getting the mp until the 17th or earlier if you have an online pass as well with bf3.

The christ kind of mumbled jumble is this crap?

I'm using a Vanguard on the 360 version and for the life of me I can't switch to my pistol, what am I missing, the weapon wheel doesn't even show up when I hold down RB.

I'm sure this has been covered, but with the release of Mass Effect 3 do you think EA will release a GOTY edition for Mass Effect 2 for PC and Xbox 360?

I'm sure this has been covered, but with the release of Mass Effect 3 do you think EA will release a GOTY edition for Mass Effect 2 for PC and Xbox 360?

No. If they were going to do it, they would have already done it, to serve as hype-building for ME3. And at the very least, even if they were going to release it sometime in 2012, I think we'd have already gotten wind of it by now.

Woorloog

Banned
I don't get this... how else can you unlock additional characters but by buying the equipment packs and hoping for the best? I suppose you can simply buy them (and other invidual items) in the full version since the store is a bit silly if it offers only two things.

JambiBum

I don't get this... how else can you unlock additional characters but by buying the equipment packs and hoping for the best? I suppose you can simply buy them (and other invidual items) in the full version since the store is a bit silly if it offers only two things.

I'm pretty sure that it's just for demo purposes. Like only being able to carry two weapons when you have the option to equip all of them.

Woorloog

Banned
I'm pretty sure that it's just for demo purposes. Like only being able to carry two weapons when you have the option to equip all of them.

Actually, the multiplayer is truly limited to two weapons only regardless of class. You cannot use selection wheels... I assume the UI is the same as in single player when customizing weapons which is why it looks like you could equip more weapons.
Oh and i noticed you cannot play without weapons :/ You have to have some weapon.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Actually, the multiplayer is truly limited to two weapons only regardless of class. You cannot use selection wheels... I assume the UI is the same as in single player when customizing weapons which is why it looks like you could equip more weapons.
Oh and i noticed you cannot play without weapons :/ You have to have some weapon.

I think certain weapons don't actually impact biotic recharge, so the effect of not having out would be non-existent.

Woorloog

Banned
I think certain weapons don't actually impact biotic recharge, so the effect of not having out would be non-existent.

Running around with only the Predator you gain some 190% bonus recharge speed, no weapons would be 200%. 10% is not a big deal but...
Ah well. I did try out a Sentinel with only the Predator, sped-up Throw cooldown and no Tech Armor activated and my Throw's was a bit under 2 seconds. Of course Throw is completly useless without the target being Warped (you can detonate Warp with Throw) or Lifted, Pulled or in Singularity.

Arjen

Infiltrator is so sexy, cloack, aim in the peepholes in those shield, headshot. So satisfying to pull off

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
reposting my impressions from MP thread:

I have played only online portion of the demo but so far my impressions - IT'S AWESOME. I didn't expect it to be fun and challenging but IT IS. I want to play it more but I don't want to burn out before the release.

Preordered the special edition. fuck my new year resolution!!

I have to add that everything feels 10 times more fluid than in previous games. lol ME1. It's still has its charm because of all this JANK.

Top Bottom