• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Tess3ract

Banned
First problem I'm having with this is the left mouse button clicks and wsad does NOT navigate the menu, but the directional keys do.

BAD BIOWARE

Woorloog

Banned
Either I'm really bad or trying to play the multiplayer alone is hard as fuck. :eek:

I managed to get up to wave 6 alone and disabled 3 out of 4 objectives. That was with level 10-11 soldier. And difficulty was Bronze, ie easy.
The MP is clearly desinged around 4 players, anything below and it is really hard even on Bronze. Even with 4 players, getting to wave 11 (the final wave right? Or is it 12?) is not that easy, unless everyone is good.

How do I play online? What am I missing?

Do you have BF3 online pass actived? If not, then wait 17th.

JambiBum

I managed to get up to wave 6 alone and disabled 3 out of 4 objectives. That was with level 10-11 soldier. And difficulty was Bronze, ie easy.
The MP is clearly desinged around 4 players, anything below and it is really hard even on Bronze. Even with 4 players, getting to wave 11 (the final wave right? Or is it 12?) is not that easy, unless everyone is good.

It's 11. I've only been able to finish a round once. We barely made it through. Wave 11 is basically just waiting on the timer to countdown so you can extract while trying to survive. They throw a lot of shit at you in the final wave. Somehow we all managed to make it through though.

Woorloog

Banned
It's 11. I've only been able to finish a round once. We barely made it through. Wave 11 is basically just waiting on the timer to countdown so you can extract while trying to survive. They throw a lot of shit at you in the final wave. Somehow we all managed to make it through though.

Heh, the wave 11 is pretty fun, everyone holding the line against relentless onslaught.
I wonder how hellish the game is on Gold...

Tess3ract

Banned
Well

the graphics are better...and the cinematography is "better"

The script is still shit though and hamfisted.

I'm pretty sure whoever directed the cutscenes gets off to Michael Bay and Inception BRRRRRRRR music themes.

It's locked to 30fps though.

Demon Ice

Banned
PC here, is anyone else unable to assign powers to their shortcut bar? I'm trying to click and drag them like ME1 and 2 and nothing's happening. Is there a new way to get them on there?

Question: I chose the medigel as a equipment thing in the multiplayer, but now that I used it once, it seems like I can't use it again. Is this how it is supposed to be or something?

Woorloog

Banned
Question: I chose the medigel as a equipment thing in the multiplayer, but now that I used it once, it seems like I can't use it again. Is this how it is supposed to be or something?

When you buy equipment packs, you get random items. They may include Thermal Clip packs which be used with D-pad Left during gameplay, Cobra Missiles (D-pad Up, the heavy weapon on your back), Shield-health-booster (name?, D-pad Right) and Medi-Gel, D-pad Down while you're, uh, dead.
You can have up to 2 each per match. The equipment is shared beetween chracters, just like credits. You can see how many of each you have during match, on the left side of the screen, around the D-pad diagram.
You might also get other booster equipment that you choose before the match: Ammo (Cryo, AP etc), weapon and armor/power, if you active one, it last the next match you play but is gone then.

When you buy equipment packs, you get random items. They may include Thermal Clip packs which be used with D-pad Left during gameplay, Cobra Missiles (D-pad Up, the heavy weapon on your back), Shield-health-booster (name?, D-pad Right) and Medi-Gel, D-pad Down while you're, uh, dead.
You can have up to 2 each per match. The equipment is shared beetween chracters, just like credits. You can see how many of each you have during match, on the left side of the screen, around the D-pad diagram.
You might also get other booster equipment that you choose before the match: Ammo (Cryo, AP etc), weapon and armor/power, if you active one, it last the next match you play but is gone then.

AH okay, thanks. I think I understand it now :)

Arjen

Heh, the wave 11 is pretty fun, everyone holding the line against relentless onslaught.
I wonder how hellish the game is on Gold...

Yeah wave 11 was pretty intense, loved it
Gold should be a lot easier to do with a bunch of powers maxed out and a good mixed squad

JambiBum

Just beat bronze with just me and one other guy. We didn't go down a single time either. You get a huge xp bonus if you can make it all the way without anyone going down.

TURN AROUND ASSHOLE I'M BLEEDING OUT RIGHT BEHIND YOU

YEAH ME THE GUY WHO GOT 10 HEADSHOTS IN A ROW AND CARRIED THE FIRST TWO WAVES

OH NEVER MIND YOU HAVE TO RUN OFF TO CANDYLAND FOR YOUR DATE WITH THE UNICORN KING OKAY

it's not like i've been like 200 credits away from buying a pack for the last three matches now because of this shit

I am seriously confused about why you do and do not earn credits, even when it seems like you're doing the exact same thing in each match.

JambiBum

Weird. I could have sworn I've killed or gotten assists on killing targets, etc., and it still cheaps out on me at the results screen.

Credits are mostly squad based. The less your squad goes down and the more objectives you complete the more credits you earn.

REV 09

What the heck does Shift do?

Slows down time?

opens up menu for changing weapons or powers. see bottom of screen.

btw, i like the multi much better on PC. mostly because it doesn't run like crap. the multi on 360 ran much worse than the sp, but PC is a solid 60fps throughout.

So I played the MP on all three and the PC version is obviously>>>>>>
The aiming and improved frame rate alone makes it much more enjoyable. I just played a match online on the PS3 and idk but it seems like the sound effects is different. Like the bullet impact sound is nice and chunky on the PS3 port.

There seems to be a lot of overlaps with races.

Drell/Asari,

Krogan/Turian,

Quarian/Salarian.

I guess looks are the only reason to choose one over the other.

And Bioware is so biased. Humans can do everything.

Alucrid

Banned
There seems to be a lot of overlaps with races.

Drell/Asari,

Krogan/Turian,

Quarian/Salarian.

I guess looks are the only reason to choose one over the other.

And Bioware is so biased. Humans can do everything.

No. Different races have different abilities.

i.e. with vanguard humans have charge and shockwave, Drell have charge and biotic grenades.

RS4-

If you've got BF3 for PC but want to play Mass on console, it should be fine. Online is working for me.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I found out that if you have MP unlocked early on PC, and you have a friend also playing on PC, if they attempt to join your game via origin, they get access to the multiplayer.

My roommate got into the multiplayer early because he tried to join my game.

KKRT00

I have info ingame 'activate alliance network to access online features' and when clicking on online/multiplayer 'You do not have access to online features of Mass Effect 3 demo. Please try again later', anyone knows why?

I have BF 3, also both PC versions.

Moaradin

I made MP impressions on the other thread, but I probably should have posted them here.

The co-op on PC is actually pretty amazing so far. Even my friends who are Mass Effect "purist" and hate every change to the series, for better or worse, loved it. It gets so intense later on and we eventually all agreed that it's probably one of the best teamwork based co-op games we've played in a while. Of course this was a three man party. We never did get that forth player.

The MP really shows how well the controls and shooting have been improved. SP part of the demo wasn't very good for that just because of how linear it was.

To get the MP working I heard you had to go into the options and enable some setting for origin servers. Friend said something about that yesterday.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I absolutely hate how the races are locked behind a slot machine system. It was terrible Lost Planet 2, it's terrible here. WHY Bioware. WHY can't I play as the Krogans out of box!?

Arjen

I absolutely hate how the races are locked behind a slot machine system. It was terrible Lost Planet 2, it's terrible here. WHY Bioware. WHY can't I play as the Krogans out of box!?

I really hope they ditch the random loot thing, i just want to save up for stuff i want.
I don't need extra ammo, there are ammo boxes everywhere troughout the map.

Nif

How do I know which email account origin is using in the demo? I had accidentally created two origin accounts and have since been trying to do everything on one account, but this doesn't even offer a log in screen. I assume it's tied to your gamertag?

I've been so in the dark about this game but, after reading the OP I'm interested. I'll be getting the game on PC but I can't remember if my Origin name is Felix Lighter or FelixLighter. I'll have to check when I get home.

Remmy2112

I am seriously confused about why you do and do not earn credits, even when it seems like you're doing the exact same thing in each match.

Credits are awarded for completing those special objectives like hacking, activating the four macGuffins, or eliminating the four high value targets. You get money for completing them and a bonus for doing it quickly. The higher these objectives appear in waves the more they award.

Edit: @below post: Those XP packs also unlock the new color options for the classes. Secondary color, pattern, pattern color, and lights for each card you get.

Cool you can get class experience when buying packs in the store.
So im a lvl 6 soldier and i was about to make a new character already found that infiltrator class was at lvl 3 and engineer at lvl 2.

And dam silver difficulty is hard.

Top Bottom