• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 "Review in Progress" by IGN: (Two New Videos)

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah, it does come across as overly convenient, but at the same time, that's what this trilogy of games is about: stopping the Reaper cycle, which happens to include indoctrination as part of it's mechanic.

They also get into it in the Mass Effect: Evolution comics, detailing TIM's background more and detailing how
he was exposed to the same artifact that Saren was and how it's the most likely source of his indoctrination, albeit on a lesser scale than Saren's indoctrination.
Oh wow, that's a big thing to leave out of the games.
So TIM's indoctrinated or in-ways-of-indoctrination, that's settled then. I suppose he's helping Shepard while he's able in ME2 but by ME3 goes full-indoctrinated?
Good info, though kind of a disappointment.

edit: edited your quote for spoilers, I think you should edit your post too...

Just checked out my ME-artbook that came in the mail last week. Great quality book (The Art of the Mass Effect Universe)

Rejected design decision/story spoiler below (regarding TIM)

the mutated form of TIM looked pretty bad-ass, somewhat like those Fal'Cie demons from FFXIII. In the end it seemed Bioware wanted TIM to remain somewhat of a human in his form (with a mutated face), but the Reaper form design looked pretty badass.

Just checked out my ME-artbook that came in the mail last week. Great quality book (The Art of the Mass Effect Universe)

Rejected design decision/story spoiler below (regarding TIM)

the mutated form of TIM looked pretty bad-ass, somewhat like those Fal'Cie demons from FFXIII. In the end it seemed Bioware wanted TIM to remain somewhat of a human in his form (with a mutated face), but the Reaper form design looked pretty badass.

I've purchased the art book too and that design seemed ridiculous to me. I'm glad they were scraped.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I always thought it was weird how
TIM had those glowing blue eyes, i mean he isnt a cyborg or anything as far as we know, so yeah... indoctrinated was the only thing left. Wonder why no one ever asked about it in the game. "Hey, why does your leader have those creepy eyes?"

TIM had those glowing blue eyes, i mean he isnt a cyborg or anything as far as we know, so yeah... indoctrinated was the only thing left. Wonder why no one ever asked about it in the game. "Hey, why does your leader have those creepy eyes?"

At first i thought those were just implants to handle all the information you know getting streamed on his eyelids. I believe scientist are already working contact lenses that do that.

Something like this
http://spectrum.ieee.org/biomedical/bionics/augmented-reality-in-a-contact-lens/0

But then again Saren had full tech eye hell he was already what looked liked 80% machine.
But then i googled about the illusive man and got on his ME wiki page. Telling his history and such.

zkylon

zkylewd
I didn't give too much thought into it.
Cyborg eyes aren't really noteworthy in the ME universe, specially since, like you say, no one seems to make any comments about it. I just figured the guy was augmented for whatever reason. Shepard himself gets augmented when he's rebuilt.

i-Lo

Is it safe for me to see the spoilers if I haven't played ME3 but played first and second one with all dlcs?

Lombax

Banned
did not and will not click. pardon me for asking but giving a story the title of "review in progress" on a game site is akin to "sun will rise tomorrow".

I should play Shadow Broker if I romanced Liara in ME1 and want to continue it into ME3, right? I kind of don't want to spend the money if I don't have to.

McNum

I should play Shadow Broker if I romanced Liara in ME1 and want to continue it into ME3, right? I kind of don't want to spend the money if I don't have to.
It's not mandatory, but yeah. It's a good idea if you want to keep up with what Liara is doing.

Dany

Banned

It would be a good thing. The arch of Liara in that mission is much more substantial if your Shepard is with her.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

You probably should to be safe since you can restart the romance in that DLC. You should also just play Lair of the Shadow Broker because it's the best DLC ever.

Damn, I thought that rejected story spoiler about TIM wouldn't mention anything that actually happened. Oh well, sucks for me I guess. :lol

I'm scared to highlight spoilers since I don't even know what TIM is.

Martin Sheen.

And yeah, I'm not touching anymore spoilers, either. They're evil.

I still remember getting spoiled on ME2's final boss the day I started the game because I thought thumbing through the artbook while the game installed would be safe. :lol

The story is too predictable at this point, so I wasn't surprised.

I just haven't done any mental excercises regarding this game whatsoever. It's like going to see a Transformers movie. Now I need to stop thinking or I'll have realized what all the different endings are.

I just haven't done any mental excercises regarding this game whatsoever. It's like going to see a Transformers movie. Now I need to stop thinking or I'll have realized what all the different endings are.

Agreed. It's best to go into the game as fresh as possible abd just enjoy the ride.

With that said, the official forums are a mess. So many crazed fans and rampant spoilers.

Dany

Banned
You guys have no idea how excited I was when they announced Mansell would be doing the soundtrack. Its weird to be a fan of a film composer but the man has some fantastic songs under his belt.

You guys have no idea how excited I was when they announced Mansell would be doing the soundtrack. Its weird to be a fan of a film composer but the man has some fantastic songs under his belt.

Clint Mansell does some amazing stuff. When it was announced he was doing the music, I was excited, but it wasn't until I watched Moon (which had an amazing soundtrack done by him) that I got really excited to hear what he does for ME3.

Top Bottom