• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Spoiler Thread |OT2| Taste the Rainbow

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
The whole indoctrination thing makes no sense. Since the beginning of the series, Bioware has made every effort to streamline everything about the games and make it easier and easier for the average person to get into it. Why would they end it with a confusing and unclear as fuck finale? Nope, simplest answer is just that bioware made a pretty shitty ending.

finally got around to listening to the podcast part of this.
http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/3/26/2898253/mass-effect-3-ending-talk

Shit.... Sessler want's ME1 to be remade to feel more like 2 and 3?

That's actually pretty likely to happen sometime.

My god.

That doesn't even make any sense. You can totally skip all that stuff if you want anyways, beat the game in like ten hours, and only lose starting bonuses in ME2. Which is not an issue at all, especially with any DLC installed.

Plus, after a first play through you are going to cheat on minerals anwyways, as long as you are Master Race (or I guess jumping through hoops on the 360). Sorry PS3!

Not enough cover boxes, I guess?

There is a lesson here for everyone though.

Don't rush through the ending of your 3 part video game space opera. It will make people go crazy

mass effect is a deeply humanistic franchise, and what they do with the end (an unfeeling immortal machine god giving you three prebaked options for changing the galaxy on an unfathomable scale with space magic, then never showing the fate of your relationships except implying that they become new Adam and Eves, and then showing that you've become deified centuries later) really is the ultimate statement of what their underlying philosophy is
-adam sessler

Along with the "existentialist dread" bilge in the review, you'd think something is up with G4. More than usual anyway.

gokieks

That cupcake campaign is hilarious. But they say they're going to send 400 equally divided into the 3 colors... what color is the 400th? Labelled "Space Magic" maybe?

E: or maybe the guy will just eat it himself.

E2: Oh, looks like it's 134 of each, so actually 402.

Moaradin

I'm replaying the game now with NG+. Just got past the Mars mission and my god, dat music and liara LI dialogue. Took my mind off the ending for a while at least.

Is NG+ any harder than the normal modes or is it just higher weapon unlocks?

Hartt951

That's awesome they hit the goal in less than an hour. Bioware has no idea how many people they've pissed off :lol. Hope they enjoy the cupcakes.

I would move on but there's nothing I'm interested in playing right now, or in the near future. I mean I bought Journey but I finished that in one sitting. I guess I could go trophy whoring with that. There's Kid Icarus but I've heard so many mixed things about it. March has been a really disappointing month. I suppose I could go through my backlog...but eh.

I'm going through the Jak & Daxter HD Collection, really good remedy against Post-Traumatic-Mass-Effect-3-Ending-Disorder.

edit: that cupcake campaign is the bee's knees.

Derrick01

Banned
Do we know who is going to be on the panel ?

It said TBA on the schedule but I thought it was announced earlier that Hudson and Walters were going to be there? I remember talking about it on the old spoiler thread but it could have definitely changed given everything that's happened in the last few weeks. I'm surprised they haven't cancelled the thing.

mrplaid

I'm replaying the game now with NG+. Just got past the Mars mission and my god, dat music and liara LI dialogue. Took my mind off the ending for a while at least.
I'm right there with you. Feels bad to write off the entire game because the ending was a mess. I enjoyed the hell out of everything right up to entering the beam.

- J - D -

It said TBA on the schedule but I thought it was announced earlier that Hudson and Walters were going to be there? I remember talking about it on the old spoiler thread but it could have definitely changed given everything that's happened in the last few weeks. I'm surprised they haven't cancelled the thing.

I'd be surprised if they were to cancel it. Wouldn't doing so be a sign of concession/admittance that their ending was terrible? You'd think they'd want to defend its artistic integrity.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Is NG+ any harder than the normal modes or is it just higher weapon unlocks?
I'm pretty sure it's just weapon and level unlocks. You'd have to change the difficulty manually.

They probably want to talk about DA3, which is probably why they aren't canceling it. Not to mention ME3 DLC and that so called content initiative. :lol

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
I'm right there with you. Feels bad to write off the entire game because the ending was a mess. I enjoyed the hell out of everything right up to entering the beam.

My problem is that now that I know the ending, each and every war asset I get in the second playthrough is just one more person I'm dooming to be stranded in the Sol system. Every person I help on the Citadel is just going to be turned to soup when the Citadel is taken. All those people in the dance club will soon meet a horrible death. It's just depressing.

Derrick01

Banned
They probably want to talk about DA3, which is probably why they aren't canceling it.

They have a separate show for the DA franchise, saw it when I looked at the schedule earlier tonight. That takes place before the ME one though so that could end up getting ugly too if people decide to troll them, even though it'll have people that don't work on the ME franchise lol.

I'm pretty sure it's just weapon and level unlocks. You'd have to change the difficulty manually.

They probably want to talk about DA3, which is probably why they aren't canceling it. Not to mention ME3 DLC and that so called content initiative. :lol

I'm sure with the probable DA3 announcement people will be too excited about that to harass the DA panel, but I could be wrong. I guess it will depend on how the ME panel goes.

MC Safety

The whole indoctrination thing makes no sense. Since the beginning of the series, Bioware has made every effort to streamline everything about the games and make it easier and easier for the average person to get into it. Why would they end it with a confusing and unclear as fuck finale? Nope, simplest answer is just that bioware made a pretty shitty ending.

The indoctrination theory is just the fans' attempt to explain the inexplicable.

Also, BioWare should be sending us (particularly me) cupcakes.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Gaaaahh guys. My sadness is slowly turning into hate. Is this what being turned into a husk is like?

hateradio

They have a separate show for the DA franchise, saw it when I looked at the schedule earlier tonight. That takes place before the ME one though so that could end up getting ugly too if people decide to troll them, even though it'll have people that don't work on the ME franchise .
I thought you implied that they would want to cancel the whole thing.

Gaaaahh guys. My sadness is slowly turning into hate. Is this what being turned into a husk is like?
I'm sure it feels nice to turn into a husk. At least you don't have to think about anything once you become one.

I'm sure with the probable DA3 announcement people will be too excited about that to harass the DA panel, but I could be wrong. I guess it will depend on how the ME panel goes.

Eh...I don't know. I remember watching the footage of the DA panel back in the fall from NYCC and some of the questioners were crapping on DA2 to Laidlaw and Gaider's face. I'd be kind of surprised if they announced DA3, considering my impression from the posts on the BioWare forum make it sound like they've barely started it after they canned the expansion pack.

Maybe they show some concept art or something though, like the NYCC panel. Thats all I'm expecting there- and probably trying to hype the goofy DA anime coming in May.

But I wouldn't be surprised if they cancel or put out the low man on the totem pole for the ME panel. Then just dress it up as to why Casey Hudson or Mac Walters aren't there because they're back in Edmonton hard at work on something to surprise and delight the fans!

I just finished the game.

...................................................................................

:|

y u do dis bioware y

Replicant

I just finished the game.

...................................................................................

:|

y u do dis bioware y

Ah, I still remember that sensation when I first saw the ending. That numb, shocked feeling where you wanted to pinch yourself to make sure that was not just a dream. But then you did and you realized, it's real! And this shitty ending is not going anywhere.

So you just sat there glassy-eyed, not knowing what to do. The term "Shell-shocked" is reserved for moments like this. Then you restarted the game, trying the other ending, hoping it'll be better only to realize that they're the same yet relatively worse, especially if you got the 'better' Destroy ending in the 1st place. :/

The ME3 ending seems to have had an unforeseen consequence. Every time I boot up anything story driven I go why bother and just shut it off. I'm staring at my steam list of 200 games and I don't want to start any of them.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
The ME3 ending seems to have had an unforeseen consequence. Every time I boot up anything story driven I go why bother and just shut it off. I'm staring at my steam list of 200 games and I don't want to start any of them.

Mass Effect 3 induced clinical depression.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

You'll get over it after a couple days. I was the same way.

hateradio

^ But don't you still wonder what's the point? Mass Effect: Depression For Everyone. :p

Eh...I don't know. I remember watching the footage of the DA panel back in the fall from NYCC and some of the questioners were crapping on DA2 to Laidlaw and Gaider's face. I'd be kind of surprised if they announced DA3, considering my impression from the posts on the BioWare forum make it sound like they've barely started it after they canned the expansion pack.

Maybe they show some concept art or something though, like the NYCC panel. Thats all I'm expecting there- and probably trying to hype the goofy DA anime coming in May.
DA3's already announced.

Wiki:

On March 19, 2012, nearly two weeks after BioWare released its latest game Mass Effect 3 and the first anniversary of Dragon Age II, Executive Producer Mark Darrah officially confirmed the game's development on the BioWare forums. On the post, Darrah said that the team is focusing their attention towards Dragon Age III, asking fans to give their opinions on what they want to see in the next installment.[3]

I guess they're already ahead with the feeback.

But I wouldn't be surprised if they cancel or put out the low man on the totem pole for the ME panel. Then just dress it up as to why Casey Hudson or Mac Walters aren't there because they're back in Edmonton hard at work on something to surprise and delight the fans!
An apology letter? JK
maybe

Top Bottom