• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda announced (Holiday 2016)

Steel

Banned
s3ou1t.gif

And so the cycle begins. People are gonna drool all over the graphics and then be outraged when it inevitably gets downgraded.

eot

Banned
What makes Mass Effect special is that you shoot people, unlike other games where you shoo... oh wait. Maybe focus on something else in your reveal.

Maledict

Not what I want from Mass Effect at all personally, but w/e. I'll see what comes of it.

I'd definitely agree here - choice of music was terrible, and not at all what I expect from Mass Effect. Hopefully it was just for the trailer, and not representative of changes in game. ME music has always been one of the strongest points of the entire series.

105.Will

YES. I hope the story is more "personal" this time. I love saving the world as much as the next guy, but I want something different.

luffxan

Whoa that music took me off guard.....I would be so down for a ME game with a pseudo western theme. I have no idea what that would even be like but I want it

Basically my mantra with this game is;

Prove it to me.

Earn my money Bioware. I will no longer buy on name value. Put out a game that is not Dragon Age: Inquisition levels of by the numbers. ME deserves better, conceptually.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
If this is all they are going to show for Mass Effect Andromeda then they shouldn't have even bothered. They should have just said the game was not going to get shown at E3 and just released the trailer at a later date.

Vamphuntr

The survey leak was about the "Pathfinder" and we had the Pathfinder ARK project on Bioware's employee t-shirts. Now it's back to N7? I wonder what happened?

I'm just glad it's in a different galaxy and the first thing they mention is to explore new worlds
(to shoot stuff up)

Do you think they will continue to hide the face of the protagonist (because of customization and male/female choice?). I don't think the Halo treatment works here, like in F4 they need to show something for marketing.

He's lame anyway because he chose the most boring planet :p

Ralemont

not me
The survey leak was about the "Pathfinder" and we had the Pathfinder ARK project on Bioware's employee t-shirts. Now it's back to N7? I wonder what happened?

According to the blog post, the N7 soldier isn't actually the player in this game (interesting!) but another character.

Looks slick... beautiful trailer with all the elements we expected except maybe the jump drive navigation.

But I'll be honest, the faceless / nameless hero and the jarring choice of music is not pressing my Mass Effect buttons at all.

Don't get me wrong, I'm perfectly fine not playing Shepard... but at least give me something substantial to fill the vacuum. The fact that they slapped the N7 logo on <insert your own hero> is not helping to esablish the new protagonist as someone new, different and exciting to play.

Cool song choice, I dig the theme they're going for with the first part if it translates to the game itself.

And so the cycle begins. People are gonna drool all over the graphics and then be outraged when it inevitably gets downgraded.
That's my secret, I expect it to look half as good and will probably play it happily anyway.

Uthred

The only thing of interest to me is the implication of a sci-western aesthetic, which the visible tech and character undermined. I wish games would stop making content free announcements so far in advance

Top Bottom