• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda - EA/Origin Access trial coming March 16th - 10 hour trial

Watching the GB stream now and i would be amazed if you couldn't max this out at 4K with a 1080ti or Titan. It doesn't look that great visually.

Edit: I know this is the PS4 version, but still.

b0uncyfr0

sweet, that's not too bad. High should be doable for me then.

Roughly same here - but slightly lower. Averaging 45 I'd say ( Resolution scale at 1.35- so slightly higher than 1440p). Game is a looker for sure.

Temporal AA is doing a great job even at 1440p - cant see any issues on the planet. No shimmering - edges - Nada.

KKRT00

Played one MP match.
Looks pretty good, runs quite smooth 85+ fps on GTX1080 + 6800k@4ghz in 1080p@x1.25.
MP is fun as hell, but camera is really too close to the character, i hope you can somehow adjust that.

General Interface is horrible though, they really fucked that up.

RAIDEN1

Anyone playing on the PC with the keyboard controls how are they? As I wasn't prepared to pay just to get access on the Xbox-1 when I already have it on the PC

Xyber

sweet, that's not too bad. High should be doable for me then.

Got to the first planet now, 70-90fps with everything but textures and texture filtering on medium.

I expected more when I run BF1 mostly maxed out at 120+..

Oh well, I'm getting a 1080Ti soon, so that's gonna help.

b0uncyfr0

I concur - so far it looks very good even at 1440p and runs quite well.

EDIT: OK it seems the built in Scaler is very taxing. Instead of scaling at 1.35 - i tried 1440p DSR and FPS shop up by 15 fps. Averaging 60-70 fps now all maxxed out.

iFirez

No trial here, just says Learn More.

Edit: Ah 'Download Trial' well they could't have made it anymore obvious... I'm just not used to looking at this shit, Zelda has me thinking about cooking and weapons... not trials and downloading.

zeox

I'm also having the problem where the game is just hanging out as a background process, not doing anything. I just wanted to play for an hour before bed T_T

popokarimu

Neo Member
Yeah, and I have the full thing downloaded... what gives?

I saw someone on Reddit mention uninstalling the Corsair Utility Engine and sure enough that worked for me. If anyone has that installed and is getting the black screen that's probably what's doing it. Shutting it down normally didn't work for me, I had to uninstall it for the game to work. Weird.

Yeah, and I have the full thing downloaded... what gives?

Verified game files, no dice. Going to try uninstalling and reinstalling. Thankfully, the Origin gods have blessed me with 50MB/s download speeds.

I saw someone on Reddit mention uninstalling the Corsair Utility Engine and sure enough that worked for me. If anyone has that installed and is getting the black screen that's probably what's doing it. Shutting it down normally didn't work for me, I had to uninstall it for the game to work. Weird.

what the fuck lol

I'll try shutting it down first. Pretty dumb.

I'm also having the problem where the game is just hanging out as a background process, not doing anything. I just wanted to play for an hour before bed T_T

Yeahhh i had that while i had a black screen error. So i'm guessing that's 30 odd mins playtime stolen :p Oh well. Gonna leave it downloading overnight or something and play in the morning

hmmm, looks like the achievements arent syncd for the game yet. Weird considering Battlefront even had a special challenge achievement thing that could only be gotten during the access trial

zeox

Verified game files, no dice. Going to try uninstalling and reinstalling. Thankfully, the Origin gods have blessed me with 50MB/s download speeds.

what the fuck lol

I'll try shutting it down first. Pretty dumb.

uninstalling corsair utility engine worked. what the hell

rashbeep

Banned
Spent some time creating a custom character I think looks ok. Second I get ingame, I find there's an unexpected wrinkly complexion on Ryder, with no sliders to alter complexion.

Godammit.

I think the achievements are slowly showing up. There is a challenge for the trial as well.

Complete the early access tutorial before the end date.

Its already been unlocked by 4 people, so seems most of the trial will be spent in mp lol

Xyber

Everything on low but texture quality and filtering. 80FPS with a GTX 1080 at 1440p when you land on the planet.

This is awful. =/

Jameson

i5 4960k 970 16gb of ram on recommended settings which is high preset, I'm getting 80fps in the medical bay on the ship and on the first planet I'm getting 55-60fps, unless I'm staring at a wall which gives me 83 fps. At Ultra preset i'm getting 48fps.

1080p user.

Ryzaki009

i5 4960k 970 16gb of ram on recommended settings which is high preset, I'm getting 80fps in the medical bay on the ship and on the first planet I'm getting 55-60fps, unless I'm staring at a wall which gives me 83 fps. At Ultra preset i'm getting 48fps.

I'm assume you on 1080p? Because if so yeah :D

10MB/sec not bad I guess, better than PSN like 3MB/sec

Waiting till its fully downloaded with 10mins left, not in a hurry, got all night to play it

GTX 1080
16 GB DDR4

Runs great, 60+ fps with nearly everything on ultra, running, ehm, either 4K or 1440p. Still working out resolution stuff, running duplicate monitor/TV with the TV resolution set at 2160p. So I guess it runs at 2160p?

That said, the game is janky as fuck and I'm cancelling the hell out of my preorder

Top Bottom