• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda - EA/Origin Access trial coming March 16th - 10 hour trial

Theorry

EA plans to release a 10-hour trial of Mass Effect: Andromeda for Access subscribers.

The hefty trial of BioWare's sci-fi action RPG comes out on 16th March - five days before the full game comes out on 21st March in the US (it's 23rd in the UK). It'll surely let you make a decent dent in the game before it launches proper.

Access is EA's subscription. You get early access trials such as this one as well as a number of games to download from the Vault (EA recently added Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3 to the Vault). Origin Access is available on PC via Origin, and EA Access is available on Xbox One only.

Like with other Access trials, your Andromeda progress automatically carries over to the full game if you buy, so you can pick up right where you left off.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-effect-andromeda-out-five-days-before-launch

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
10 hours of the opening hour, I'm guessing. I doubt they'll allow full access to the game and 10 hours of gameplay.

Theorry

Btw if you go digital with the game. Its a no brainer to sign up btw for a month.
With the 10% discount you end up being cheaper and you can play earlier.

Theorry

BF1 only allowed the first two levels...

I'll definitely use this to get into multiplayer though.

They only limit when the SP or something is short. Like in the 10 hours you can easy do all the mission. Same with Mirrors Edge the limited it to 6 hours. Dont think thats gonna be a problem with Mass Effect. :)

They'll need to show something pretty captivating to get me interested in playing at launch, I think. Come March I expect to be up to my eyeballs in Zelda, Nier Automata and Horizon, so I don't know if there's room on my plate for another big RPG.

ironcreed

Banned
A lot of times devs/pubs like to keep big games like this close to the hip until the last stretch. It's no different here.

RoKKeR

So good - can't wait! Will there be a part in the story you can't progress past or is that 10 hours wide open?

Trickster

So basically the week before the game actually releases, the internet will be flush with spoilers from a decent chunk of the game? Great...

Excellent. I'm not sure if I'll want to dive into the single player during the trail, maybe the first mission or two, but I'll definitely get some MP in. 10 hours is awesome too, DA:I was only 6 and I definitely used that time up before the game came out.

Lucifon

This just made me decide which platform to get it for. Would love to experience it on the Pro, but if my save is going to move across games I'll inevitably want to play the Scorpio version of the next game(s). Playing 10hr 1 week before release matters more to me though, and then I'll have my save on XB1 for the sequels. Hope we can play MP too.

I'm tempted by this just to check out PC performance. I'm still rocking a 780 Ti waiting for the mythical 1080 Ti so I may have to get this for PS4 Pro if it runs like arse. I'm sure this time there will be full controller support on PC
(don't mess up the PC version Bioware!)

Andodalf

Banned
expected as every EA game sans Titanfall 2 has done this, but good nonetheless. I will preorder after my 10 hours are up if it's as good as i hope!

I'm tempted by this just to check out PC performance. I'm still rocking a 780 Ti waiting for the mythical 1080 Ti so I may have to get this for PS4 Pro if it runs like arse. I'm sure this time there will be full controller support on PC
(don't mess up the PC version Bioware!)
There is :)

Vlodril

can someone explain to me why the ea access subscription does not count for both xbox one and pc and you need two different subs to the same thing for different devices?

I wish they would just let us know if the PC version is getting HDR support. I know it's getting Dolby Vision for some reason on PC which is odd. But I already pre ordered it for $30 on PC. I'd like to switch to PS4 Pro if it doesnt.

I know complete tangent. Hopefully with this though I'll at least know a few days early.

prag16

Banned
Btw if you go digital with the game. Its a no brainer to sign up btw for a month.
With the 10% discount you end up being cheaper and you can play earlier.

The problem is Origin charges full sales tax unlike seemingly any other digital software distribution service (anybody know why that is by the way??? I'm in the U.S.).

So compared to buying via Amazon (and getting the 5% cash back from their prime mastercard and reduced sales tax.. 1% or something on digital goods), when you include the month of Origin access, I'm basically paying $4.91 to play the game a few days early based on my calculations..

..I'll probably do it. Unless it comes to light that we only get the character creator and ~1 hour of gameplay with everything else locked.

Top Bottom