• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda - EA/Origin Access trial coming March 16th - 10 hour trial

That's great, prolly won't touch the campaign, because i don't want to wait a week to continue.
Sounds like 10 hours of sweet, sweet mp action.

Just fyi for my pc folks:

The whole Mass Effect trilogy is in the Access Vault, so if you want to replay some/all of the games before launch, sub now!

Will surely be making use of this.
I'll need the time in the character-creator!

And I like getting to know how the PC version runs before launch proper.

yuraya

can someone explain to me why the ea access subscription does not count for both xbox one and pc and you need two different subs to the same thing for different devices?

The vaults aren't 100% identical. Origin Access has a bunch of stuff you can't get on console and vice versa.

Sanctuary

I might actually sign up for this just for the discount, but I'm not going to play it for 10 hours, then have to wait 4-5 more days to continue.
edit: Nevermind. Wow, I'll be saving an entire dollar getting the game through them as opposed to elsewhere.

Sanctuary

You could start your trial on Sunday or Monday and just keep rolling into Tuesday.

The point is, I don't like starting an RPG, and then there being some huge gap in between the initial time I stopped playing until I restart. I don't generally commit unless I have the extra hours to invest into one, and if I am going to invest, I don't want to just arbitrarily pause. This is great though for those who are still sitting on the fence with this game however.

gogojira

Well, this is awesome and sucks at the same time. I have EA Access but really want to play ME:A on my PS4 Pro.

Oh well, I guess 5 days isn't too bad of a wait.

ISee

I forget, do you need to have pre ordered the game to have access to the trial or is it more of a demo that anyone with EA Access can get?

More of a demo for everybody paying for EA Access. Game progress is normally saved and applied to the full version.

Akai__

I know people that bought 5 trials for Early Access BF1, so this will be no different.

Btw... Does EA Access give you also full access to the game prior to release, besides this 10 hour trial?

Nameless

I'd use a third of that on character creation. Still jealous. EA Access sounds like a cool service, shame Sony doesn't allow it.

Falchion

This will be one trial I definitely make use of to decide if I want to get it at release or not. The combat has looked a little suspect but I'll have a very clear idea by the time my trial is over if I want to dive in or not.

PeterGAF

Banned
I have a tough time believing that EA is going to let you play 10 uninterrupted hours. You'll probably be allowed to get up to a certain point in the campaign and then you'll be cut off and only allowed to play multiplayer.

Hope I'm wrong!

And all 10 will be in the character creater.
For real though

RR30

I have a tough time believing that EA is going to let you play 10 uninterrupted hours. You'll probably be allowed to get up to a certain point in the campaign and then you'll be cut off and only allowed to play multiplayer.

Hope I'm wrong!

For real though

Fine by me as long as the multiplayer is as good as it was in ME3.

kvothe232

Brilliant, I dont care if its locked to a certain point in the game, the fact that I can play it five days before release is amazing, So happy to have an EA Access sub, I'm currently replaying all the Mass Effect games on it and they are still amazing after all these years.

nice, don't really use my origin access on my xbox and i have ME:A pre ordered on ps4 but i'll check it out on xbox to make sure the game is not a dumpster fire, 5 days gives plenty of time to still cancel pre order if needed.

It makes me a little happy though that they seem confident of the game, putting it on access like that means thousands of opinions are going to come out.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Can't wait.
Love how I can keep the downloaded files so when the disc comes in from Amazon I'm ready to play without installing again.

Vlodril

The vaults aren't 100% identical. Origin Access has a bunch of stuff you can't get on console and vice versa.

hm not a good reason to have them separately. i know the reason is money i was wondering how they justified it to people so they think its great :p

prag16

Banned
Can't wait.
Love how I can keep the downloaded files so when the disc comes in from Amazon I'm ready to play without installing again.

Does this apply to the PC version? (No disc with that one; it's just an origin code in a box; but same idea...)

One reason I wasn't taking the 20% off deal with Amazon Prime to go "physical" was because I'd have to spend launch night downloading/installing. But maybe I don't?

Hope I'm wrong!

For real though
How did it work with Battlefield 1? Was there a cutoff?

Top Bottom