• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda - EA/Origin Access trial coming March 16th - 10 hour trial

GavinUK86

I'm actually glad it's gated because if it wasn't there'd be later game spoilers all over the net.

I'm down for an hour or so creating the character and playing the first mission then using the rest on multiplayer.

I'm more interested to see how it'll run on my PC so I don't need a lot of content.

Vamphuntr

I'm actually glad it's gated because if it wasn't there'd be later game spoilers all over the net.

I'm down for an hour or so creating the character and playing the first mission then using the rest on multiplayer.

I'm more interested to see how it'll run on my PC so I don't need a lot of content.

There will be spoilers anyway at the end of the week. People will datamine the files on PC and the game will probably be up for sale soon in the UAE as they never respect release date.

Brokun

Alright I'll bite. Although critical of the game early on, it is Mass Effect and I'm eager to jump in and see what they did.

But yeah, at least half of those 10 hours will be in the character creator.

Kawngi

I have EA Access but I'm torn on playing the trial since I won't be picking it up on XB1. Still deciding between PC and PS4 Pro.

Preordered the game on Xbone this morning. Definitely going to jump in for the 10hr trial. I need at least an hour or three going through the character creator, because I know full well I'll finalize it and start the game and then not like how it looks in motion and need to start over hahaha

TheMan

i'll let others be the guinea pigs and save my experience for the full game, but impressions will be welcome

There wont be a preload for the Trial unless you PreOrder the game... its always like that.

And yes the game is at least on XboxOne 43GB big

nOoblet16

I really don't understand why Origin Access and EA Access have to be separate subscriptions
I think it's because MS takes a cut on Xbox while it costs the same on PC but EA gets all the money. Then again Origin access has a lot more games available in its vault.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
On PC, my Origin Access says it will unlock and preload the trial at 10:30 PM CET today (in 11 hours).

I could add the trial to my game library last week, it seems that now it can't be added (at least two friends can't), maybe it will be back tonight.

I also preordered it on PC and the preorder's preload is set to the 17th, but as I have Origin Access it will be preloaded through the trial.

nOoblet16

Is this game unlocking everywhere at once or is it unlocking depending on the region ? If it's region based then the game should be accessible in New Zealand in 10 minutes.

Keasar

It's John Walker though... He thought playing TW3 was like eating cardboard, the ME3 ending was perfect, and that INSIDE was dreadful.

Not saying his opinion isn't valid... It just doesn't tend to line up with my own taste in games so I probably wouldn't gauge how good or bad something was based on his word.

Hm, well if he thought that and I am the polar opposite on every opinion, this might actually be good. Though I think I will take that EA access trial just to be safe, cause to be clear, we're still talking about the same series that ended it's last trilogy with the most bullshit kind of fuckup a room of writers ever could have done and they will have a hard time convincing me that they will do better this time.

LexW

Neo Member
Why do people latch on to one negative preview among like 30?

I think it's because it's the only one I've seen that is written, and is an actual article, rather than a mere list of impressions or bullet points. It has screenshots and is on the front page of an influential gaming site.

That it's super-controversial doesn't hurt. Given how quick John got it up, I do feel it's a bit clickbaity myself, which isn't how RPS usually is.

Kiyoshi

There are preview threads for that type of discussion, surely? Dunno if I'm being over sensitive but I'm trying to stay away from any discussion of how the game plays as I want to go in blind without any preconceptions.

I'm just looking in this thread for info about the trial (i.e. when it is coming out) and there's another thread about PC performance I'm keeping any eye on. Maybe I just need to stay out of all threads from now on.

Jibbed

It'll unlock today, 15th. EA Access games always drop early usually afternoon GMT time as it starts to hit midnight in locations across the world.

Source?

Would love to be able to play it tonight (UK).

Edit: Can you still run Origin through a VPN? It's midnight in Australia in about an hour..

Drewfonse

I'm torn. I was all set to get it on the Pro/4K.....but my wife is out of town this week, and I have some....free time. I guess I can still get it on the Pro next week and use the trial for MP and a bit of SP.

Or maybe I'll sacrifice resolution and just get it on the One. Decisions.

danowat

Banned
I'm torn. I was all set to get it on the Pro/4K.....but my wife is out of town this week, and I have some....free time. I guess I can still get it on the Pro next week and use the trial for MP and a bit of SP.

I'm just going to use the XBO trial........as a trial, and if I am down with the game, I'll get it for the Pro.

I can't see any point in choosing the XBO version over the Pro version.

Fordy

It is gated, so it's unclear how much there is to do in those 10 hours. It has the potential to be quite a long game, so I would pick the platform you feel most comfortable on.

nOoblet16

Source?

Would love to be able to play it tonight (UK).

Edit: Can you still run Origin through a VPN? It's midnight in Australia in about an hour..

Yes you can I just tried. Too bad I couldnt get New Zealand VPN. It was midnight there like an hour or so ago.

Drewfonse

I'm just going to use the XBO trial........as a trial, and if I am down with the game, I'll get it for the Pro.

I can't see any point in choosing the XBO version over the Pro version.

It is gated, so it's unclear how much there is to do in those 10 hours. It has the potential to be quite a long game, so I would pick the platform you feel most comfortable on.

Yeah, I'll probably use the trial primarily for MP.

Top Bottom